Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hell yeah. My roommate recently bought a crock-pot. I just dumped a poo poo load of chicken in there and emptied a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's into it.

Is this an accomplishment? Sounds loving awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Negromancer posted:

I love seattle, but this city is getting insane. How is it that in such a dog friendly city(you can take your dogs into almost any store, pretty much all condo/apartments take dogs) I can not find a loving house that will let me rent it because of my ridiculous little wiener dog? I was hoping to not have to move to another rental house before I finally buy something, but my landlord wont extend my lease since she needs to move back into the house so I have to move. The rental market is just down right insane right now too. Tiny run down 2 bedroom house in north seattle? $2.5k a month and no dogs. Hell I can deal with paying over $2k a month for a house, but since I have a dog I can't find a place.

Luckily I have till the end of june to move, so hopefully I will find something decent that has a garage. If not I will have to figure out something for my celica. And I need to actually sell my e30. I just picked up a fender and hood to replace the ones on it that are hosed up. Guess I know what I am doing this weekend.

Come on up to lynnwood! We have...um...a mall? and garages for most houses

i feel you on the dog thing, its even worse if you have a dog over 60-75lbs like we do.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Negromancer posted:

We live in shoreline right now and are trying to get back to greenwood/ballard. The commute to downtown is bad enough now that it usually takes me 45 minutes to get to the office and my house is ~10 miles away, I don't think I could deal with living farther north. And now that my girlfriend is done with school, she works in belltown. I just wish we could stay in this house for another 6 months so we could buy our own place.

For some reason I thought you were in west seattle. I'd love to live in ballard but housing prices are bullshit in Seattle.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
if anything you should dump the celica and keep the 318 for fun.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Negromancer posted:

Honestly I have thought about it. I have all the parts to fix the body damage, the clutch is pretty much near, the tires are new but the suspension is pretty worn. Some new struts/springs/bushings and it would be pretty well setup, but then I would start thinking of motor swaps.

What it really comes down to is I just want another aw11, I know its not the best car ever but I love them too much. After my last 2 aw11's were totaled I went got a different car that is well regarded. First was my 91 miata, which was a great little car but I ended up getting a killer deal on a aw11 and I never drove the miata again. Even on nice sunny days, I was out in my black on black mr2 dying in the heat while my white miata just sat in the garage since I would rather drive the mr2. When that one got totaled I ended up getting the e30, which I really did enjoy and was amazed how nice it was to have back doors on a car after driving 2 seaters for so long. Now that we have a JSW, having a sedan fun car doesn't do me any good since the wagon is way more practical, so I might as well buy another 2 seater.

I have been tossing around the idea of buying a s2000, but I don't like the attention they get from cops/other drivers. After driving the girlfriends dad's e36 m3('98? low miles ultra violet with vaders that he is making perfect), I started thinking about buying one but again they get more attention than I like. Also have been thinking about first gen rx7's since I have always loved how they look, but rotarys scare me. Or maybe a sw20 mr2 or mr2 spyder. Or maybe another miata, mine was dead stock/worn out so that might have tarnished my thoughts on it since it was being compared to nicely upgraded aw11. To many cars that I would like to have.

Two words: track car

Anyway, hit me up if you are thinking of selling the celica my buddy who owns a jdm ST185 might be interested.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I am not (yet?)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yeah you're probably not going to get rehired.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I had no idea they had a cheap wing night, that looks so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

mariooncrack posted:

Usually, I listen to NPR or podcasts but I think I'm starting to burn out on both. Post-rock was always something I meant to get into, anyone have recommendations on where to start?

El ten eleven rules man if you have the chance to see them live it's so loving awesome

try mogwai too

• Locked thread