Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's a gay calendar's favorite month?

MAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thread title is wrong, it's never a good thing to live in Indiana.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some dude in the store today was telling me that his college degree was revoked because of his massive school debts. That's not actually a thing is it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

Dunno about revocation but if you default they may refuse to send your transcript to employers/other schools, etc.

He didn't seem too bright, he just said he got a letter demanding he send his physical diploma back. It just sounded like a fairy tale to me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What in the Christing gently caress is going on in here today?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Holdbrooks posted:

Idk I'm lost.

Also post a link to your tv appearance.

Still waiting for them (yes TWO) to go up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat, now I want to be single again just so I can try and one-up some of that terrible date material.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So weird problem, I have a cat who is peeing outside the litterbox. I have three cats so I don't know which one it is. I tried to set up my old laptop with an xbox live camera to catch which little bastard is doing it but all the camera software I've tried sucks rear end.

Suggestions for decent webcam software that will allow me to record for 8 hours straight? Also free?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlesM posted:

I once used Justin.tv and flash media encoder to remotely watch my cat while on vacation. Be sure to take the kitty into the vet once you figure it out. You want to rule out any medical issues first.

We've already done that, took all three and got a clean bill of health for each. Whichever one is doing it is just being a jerk.

Edit: we've had 4 boxes for the last 9 months, they all use them, its just once a week or so there will be a piss spot on the carpet. Same spot every time. I think whichever one is doing it hates my TV stand.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Siochain posted:

As a PI regular, its not that scary as long as your not an idiot/ignore advice given.

But on topic for the cat thing - more litter boxes, try different kinds of litter, and grab some "cat attract" litter additive. Also, if you don't, clean the boxes daily. Some cats get a bee in their bonnet about the boxes being dirty.

We have a different type of litter in each box. I really think it's just one of them being a jerk. We don't allow them in my office or the bedroom because they knock poo poo over so I'm betting it's behavioral.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is it weird that I feel guilty that I was never abused in any way? So many people I know were just wrecked by friends, family or people in a position of authority and I'm just over here dealing with being chubby.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Terrible Robot posted:

Don't feel bad for not being abused, what the hell dude. You of all people should know that people are just poo poo, nothing you can do to change that.

I had some horrible poo poo happen to me as a kid, but it was bullying, not abuse. It's just in my circle of friends it seriously seems like I'm the only one who wasn't diddled by their uncle as a kid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

Tell me more.

I want to know what its like to not have been thrashed on for years.

I had some terrible poo poo happen as a kid that I've talked about before but again, all bullying. My parents may not have always been attentive but if anyone had tried anything my parents would have killed them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

I was a fat middle eastern kid in an all white or black school. Lemme tell you about bullying.

My father broke 3 ribs when I was six. You learn to move on from poo poo at somepoint in life.

Hell I was one of a dozen white kids in my school when we lived in Gary, Indiana. But my classmates were awesome and treated me like an equal. When we moved and people found out I was from that school they treated me like poo poo.

Galler posted:

I don't feel guilty about not being abused but I do feel a bit guilty every now and then when I realize how much poo poo I take for granted. Just stuff that should be normal but apparently isn't like having two good supportive parents, never having been poor, never been abused. Never really been bullied to any real degree either.

This is a better way of describing it, I do take poo poo for granted way too often.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My girlfriend's mother died in August and I'll be damned if I could tell you the correct day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm looking for an online checking option that is not a BIG BANK. I want to start keeping all my Amazon and Ebay funds in one account and be prepared for another compromised card like the Target hack a few months ago. Any suggestions?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

I use an account at https://www.capitalone360.com as an intermediary between my real accounts and paypal. interceptorV8 turned me on to it when it was still ING Direct Orange. No fees, seems perfectly legit. I've given them no money, keep no money in it, but I've funneled a large amount between paypal any my real accounts. Might be worth a look.

I plan on actually keeping money in the account, I'm currently sitting on about $2500 in Paypal and my Amazon balance this period is already $300. I just want to keep it segregated from my paychecks so I don't spend it on worthless poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some years back I sold my brother's Civic to a friend in dire need of a car for $1000. It's served her quite well, she's been in two fender benders and the car's been a champ. She'd told me the rear exhaust hanger snapped the other day and last night the pipe cracked just past the CC. So we just spent an hour under the car in the dark strapping the exhaust up until we can tackle it and seal the crack up properly. I like to feel useful and normally I don't like to help people with their cars but considering it came from me I didn't mind.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
After numerous FB suggestions I'm giving Ally a shot. If I'm not pleased I'll go with another local CU.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bigger tv/projector.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

angryhampster posted:

The problem is I'm a cheapass. The only item we've really splurged on in our entire house is that ridiculous couch. What should I look for in a lower-priced projector? I also don't mind buying used.

What's the distance from the couch to the tv? I have a 70" in my living room and we're at about 14 feet viewing distance and the thing is honestly too big.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

angryhampster posted:

10-13ft probably. The 51" we have down there feels fine but I have wall space for more.

I have a 50" Samsung DLP I bought like 6 years ago, it's sitting in the bedroom right now and is also too large for that application. When we move it's becoming the office tv and my 30" becomes the bedroom tv. 70" tvs have yet to really have a price break as far as I've seen but there's some incredible deals on 60" sets, go hit a Best Buy and try standing 14' from the tvs and find something you like.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We did some key swapping at C&C this morning. The verdict is, the MS6 isn't nearly as powerful as I'd like. I drove cam-swapped G8 today and it rocked my loving socks off. Also got behind the wheel of a California Special Mustang and a V8 Camaro. In the very near future I'm going to have an extra $400 a month, I think it might be time to find my upcoming mid-life crisis mobile.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thrashed around town today in the Miata, put about 100 miles on her all told. Really great day all in all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

I'm back. :unsmith:

I saw a counselor, went to some AA meetings, and went out of town over the weekend to hang out with a friend so I'm feeling pretty good right now.

I almost reached out to you on FB but I figured you left SA for a good reason. I'm glad you are back and feeling better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

I was surprised and touched with how many people did reach out to me.

I really hosed myself over in my meltdown. I'm going to recover, but I managed to blow a significant chunk of my savings on partying and traveling, did irreversible damage to my liver, and ruined at least a couple of friendships.

Well hey, you ever want to talk we are FB friends and I know a lot about bad decisions and lost friendships.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've lost 14lbs in the last 6 weeks.

A girl just said my butt looked good. Total stranger. I feel loving awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A few years back we sold my brother's '94 Civic to a friend. It's in need of some work but she's scoring a new car from her parents and she was just gonna junk it. I've just made a deal to buy it for the scrap value of $350. It needs a hood, exhaust and some TLC but it runs strong as ever. It's a 5 speed so it'll give me a car to finally teach the girlfriend on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
While waiting in line inside the theater for the 10pm screening of Godzilla we saw the 7pm audience leave. One of them had a loving sword strapped to his back. I don't even know what the gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Well how was Godzilla? And who the gently caress is John Byrne?

Excellent film. John Byrne is old comic artist who's also an enormous prick.

meatpimp posted:

If only there was a way to find out. It'd be great if we could just type in a question and find an answer immediately.

Or, since it's Rhyno, just assume it's comic book related.

One of the few BSS posters I don't want to see beaten to death changed his avatar in a similar way as a throwback to the beginning of the subforum 10 years ago. In BSS it's well known that I want to see John Byrne die in a very painful way.

meatpimp posted:

Rhyno's not your monk-- Yeah. Say it Rhyno, say it.

Sega?

Phone posted:

Idk what to tell you if you don't read Rhyno's posts as the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons.

Not anymore, waaaaaay to thin for that now. Down to 201,

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There is a company doing legal imports on those. They have to retrofit all the safety gear from GTOs and G8s though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snowdens Secret posted:

And some wonder why people of a certain age think, instead of a bailout, GM not only should have been left to die, it should have been burned and the ashes scattered.

Pontiac could have been given a pass. gently caress the rest.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HotCanadianChick posted:

FTFY

... I still want a Sky :(

That was the only good thing! Pontiac had lots of good things.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HotCanadianChick posted:

Which ones? The Vibe? The Aztek? The N-body Grand Am? The Sunfire?

At least Saturn initially tried some genuinely new things, Pontiac had been badge-engineering incarnate for over 25 years by the time they finally shut off the iron lung.

I didn't say they were recent!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A grown man, possibly retarded, just poo poo his shorts and after it ran down his legs he tracked it around my store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm 47 days into turning my fatass around physically. I've lost 19 loving pounds in that time without even going to the gym. No beer in that entire time but JESUS TITTY-loving CHRIST after having to clean up human poo poo from the floor of my store today I just want to drink without limits all night long.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

I'm down 10 pounds since New Years and I haven't changed my diet at all or set foot inside a gym.

Sucks for you guys with the slow metabolisms I guess

:smug:
:yosbutt:

I'M OLD.

When I originally weighed in the scale was off, i was 4 lbs heavier. Actually started at 220 or so. 201 this morning. Still look fat though.

Also poop.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fucknag posted:

So my sister is moving back to Orlando from Ann Arbor next week. I'll be flying up Thursday, First Class. :smug: (it was a $22 upgrade on a $470 ticket, no-brainer.)

She'll be hanging with her friends up there one last time on Friday before we pack that night. Don't know if I'll have transportation, but assuming so, any particular must-see sights in the area?

Michigan sucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Terrible Robot posted:

The only Nissan ad I can remember period is this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V42Tbm8w2Ak

I love that one.

This one is better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XLyCDsKhGo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nissan commercials are cool and all.

Nothing beats Joe Isuzu though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIcjfWvNYw&list=PLCRkFWhvWGbwC8KyTL8ZgmEMnAcPQmQP5

• Locked thread