Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Negromancer posted:

There is someone else in west seattle(mat_drinks?). I honestly would not mind moving to west seattle, but there is no way I could convince the gf to move there. I grew up in ballard with a dad who worked in the fishing industry and I still can't get over how much the area has changed. As much as I would love to buy a house in ballard, I don't think its going to happen, so we are looking more in the greenwood/broadview area where its somewhat affordable.

Every time I spot a decently priced house for rent that I would be all over, they don't allow pets. I can understand people not wanting dogs in their rental houses if they are destructive, but they don't even give anyone a chance. My dog has never chewed on anything she wasn't supposed to, doesn't dig in the yard or anything like that. I am half tempted to register* her as a service dog because then she would be no longer considered a pet and people could not legally not rent to us because of her. I know that they would find another reason to not rent to us but its starting to drive me insane

* The laws in washington for having a service dog are stupidly lax

Even better is this part

So there is no actual certification, and its illegal to ask someone what their actual disability is. All you have to say is "This is a service animal that I need because I have a disability."

Did you not even read the second paragraph? It says right there a housing provider can require a doctor's note. That may or may not be easy to get but it isn't the same as just bluffing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread