Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Swapped oil pan on customer's b5 1.8t passat. Forget to put the washers on the snub mount bolts and put a hole in the new oil pan. FML! I hope I'm faster at the pan swap this time around.

I can't tell if I love or hate the b5. I have q b5.5 that I love but mostly because it was dirty cheap and beats the poo poo out of daily driving a BMW on coilovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

There are some cheap mostly-not-rusty beetles around here with missing engines. There are a shitload of subarus in the junkyard. I bet You can build a Subaru bug for 3k or less

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

From a fully assembled B5 to dropping the subframe and yanking the oil pan: Just over 2 hours!

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Last night I completed my second B5 oil pan this month. Pain in the oval office but at least I'm getting faster. 9 hours this time.

I've read a few how-to's on that job by people who weren't on a lift. I bow to their greatness.

the spyder posted:

I've found myself looking at 07-10 Toyota Camry Hybrids. :ohdear: I feel like I'm going to have to turn in my AI membership card. drat this 40 mile commute and $4/gal gas.

Those are so goddamn not comfortable. Seats made for fat Americans...

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

:shakes fist at people who back up without looking:

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Do never not replace things that were bent in a ditching. It got way worse since it first happened, new subframe time!

I've had so much god drat practice at B5 subframes, this should be a walk in the park!

Made a dank sammich for lunch, at least

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

blk posted:

There's so many sandwich shops up there now - which one?

My kitchen :getin:

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I'm probably buying another car tomorrow... Another B5. Why must I do this to myself?!

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Timmy Cruise posted:

Good question. Why would you?

$600, should be profitable to flippy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Terrible Robot posted:

It works just fine? :confused:

At least it has every time I've used it...

The... Whatever it's called... That is required for that to work isn't supported by iOS. The only option is a wifi thing that I have heard sucks.

• Locked thread