Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I know we have a few phone geeks in here so I thought I would throw this out:

Picked up a Gear 2 watch and having a bitch of a time getting the software to finish syncing it with my ATT GS4 on rooted 4.2.2. The Gear 2 worked flawlessly with my tab pro 10.1 on stock 4.4.x.

So I'm thinking I just need to upgrade my phone, but I'm not sure if I should keep root as all I really do with it is the occasional backup and freeze a few annoyances. I'm leaning towards the shostock build which would keep root (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2468860), or going full stock and losing root.

The former is easy, just wipe and install using TWRP or CWM - but if I went the latter route, what's the best method - Just turn on the OTA update or do I need to revert to a recovery build and let it run from there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

And the first comment nails it:

quote:

When asked about his loyalty to the child, the cat replied "What child? I saw a loving dog, I acted. Nibbles is looking out for Nibbles."

Edit: Fur real though, what kind of lovely pet owner(s) are letting their animals loose like that. :catstare:

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 14, 2014

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Devyl posted:

Yup. Already on top of it. Just have to make the 8 hour drive to file in their respective county/state.

I'm sure it has been said many times, but never hurts to reiterate: Never lend out money with the expectation that you'll get it back. It just won't happen. And if you do, always get it in writing.

Sucks man, hope it all works out in the end.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

the spyder posted:

What's a good VIN service? I have a few vehicles I want to check.

PM me, I have a few carfax to burn.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

How about a little crossover from the dullest car thread?

Primarily, my audio of choice NPR. Yup. No tape/fm-modulator to hook my phone into and local radio is primarily garbage. Welp
:smug:

• Locked thread