Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Just do what I did and buy your first manual 2 days before you have to drive to your new job 33 miles away. You'll learn quickly.

This is how I learned as well. Two hours before my first day on the job delivering pizza? Good time to learn! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

rscott posted:

my AC unit is out, they didn't have any working spares so they found this window unit for me to use until they get a replacement

give no fucks, I've got cold air blowing on me and I don't feel like I'm going to melt into a puddle

Are those stacks of unfolded pizza boxes?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

You know after all the posts and pictures about seafoam making a huge cloud of smoke I'm a little disappointed all I got was a few weak puffs. Maybe I did it wrong.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Got a flat today. A little piece of metal was poking out. It kinda looked like a broken off washer or a key. So the tire shop pulled it out with pliars and

:stare:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

kastein posted:

How did they get the dollar bill out of the tire without tearing it? That's impressive.

yes, I know it's just for scale

The real fun part is that today I learned the RX8 is not equipped with a spare tire of any kind. Also it has weird T shaped frame rails that are currently being bent by the borrowed donut its laying on so the rotor wouldnt die when the lovely jack inevitably fails.

On the bright side, my jeep hit a new 0-60 record today: 35 seconds. :unsmith:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Brigdh posted:

Slime and an airpump. A spare was a dealer option. Welcome to modern cars

Sadly true. A lovely jack and an 8 inch long tire iron that doubles as the jack handle are all it comes with. You have to buy the pump and slime separately. Not that it would have helped much in this case. The scissor blade didnt go in straight and cut a gash about 2 inches long. There was maybe 60 seconds from me hearing the noise to the tire being completely flat. Whatever. Road damage warranty covered it. :toot:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Brigdh posted:

?

Mine and everyone I've seen has the airpump/slime kit, and I recall it being mentioned in the owners manual. Are you sure the previous owner wasn't a dick and removed it (I'm assuming you bought used)?

Yeah, its an older 04. I've never bought a new car because the idea of throwing that much money away on depreciation hurts me. If it came with it, it was long gone by the time I got it last year.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ozmiander posted:

You can find a decent Ranger for $3500, easily.

That depends on where he is. If he's in the cancer belt otherwise cheap beaters suddenly demand a premium.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I'd wash a car for 40 bucks. It only takes an hour or so.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Everyone hates getting up early on the weekend. If it's like every other business it'll be fairly quick to get in and out at 8 am. At least that's been my experience with the dmv and county clerks office.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

blk posted:

Agreed.

I really want to own a delorean but I don't have the skills to replace/upgrade their piece of poo poo engines so they can actually do 88mph. Also theyre probably terrible cars but they look so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

blk posted:

Even if you did the weight distribution would still be terrible.

Convert it to rear engine, rwd and do wheelies all day

• Locked thread