Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Thanks to whoever recommended Automation. I've been having way too much fun playing the demo and tweaking my 600bhp 5.4 liter four banger race motor that revs to 8400 RPM. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

MrChips posted:

E: How many of you ding dongs who own Automation would be willing to play a regular (monthly or something) contest where you're given a set of criteria and you're to build an engine/car to best fit them? I've been half-thinking about setting something like that up the past few days; just doing an interest check to see if it's worth the effort.

Sounds fun, I'd be game to try this out.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

(TCC Postin')

For the first time since before I can remember I feel free from daily anxiety and sort of want to do shrooms again for the first time in ~4 years. Every bad trip I've had before had been ignited by thought loops obsessing over personal issues that are now no longer relevant. I used to love the hell out of some psilocybin and kind of want to revisit and old friend, as it were.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Upgraded the girlfriend's laptop (Lenovo Ideapad) to Windows 8.1 and now it won't connect to our wifi network. It'll connect to the router but it gives a limited connection message.

Downloaded and installed the latest drivers for her wireless adapter (Intel Centrino N2230) with no luck. I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to network settings so I'm stumped.

Apparently this is a common problem but I can't seem to get any of the fixes I'm reading about to work. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: Fixed. :downs:

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 18, 2014

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Backov posted:

Since when is Windows 8 an upgrade? From what, Win ME? Put 7 on that poo poo.

She had 8 and upgraded to 8.1.

If it were my computer I'd flatten and reinstall Windows 7 because all versions of Win 8 are just loving Busch-league kindergarten clusterfucks. :v:

Edit: Yeah I should probably install startisback and I'd forget about everything I hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

blk posted:

Apparently Bestbuy's return policy is now (lol) 14 days. So if it takes 5 days to get something shipped to you from BB online, well, that's 9 days. Wow.

Even more reason to not shop at Best Buy and let them continue to circle the drain.

• Locked thread