Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Seat Safety Switch posted:

We fund it through taxes and duty, yeah. UPS asks for a little more sometimes for their trouble. The last time I got something shipped over the border, UPS asked me for $32 at the door to cover the bother of having to give my government the money I already paid them to ship it. Then they took that $32 back to America with them where they probably spent it on cocaine or Goldman Sachs bailouts or something.

You can also pay the government the couple of bucks to clear it yourself, if you want to drive across town for it: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/beating-cross-border-brokerage-fees-1.762619

You know if Glorious Leader wanted to score some political points, he should go and fix this duty situation. Tons of Canadians shop online in the Starss and ship back to Canada, yet like you said the only reason why the Brown Clown charges such exhorbitant brokerage is to fund his blow habit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

The border also gives you the exciting opportunity to be interrogated by various border guards as to your nefarious activities. We also watched a guy in front of us in line pick up a discarded box of beer from the side of the road and put it inside his car before driving up to the border terminal, which made the border guards freak the gently caress out and search him with dogs.

Wow that is pretty stupid. I guess that guy really wanted to be waterboarded with maple syrup (which I'm pretty sure is what CBSA will do to you if you're bad).

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

a real doll?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Looking back on last night I think the 30-year old Chinese whiskey I finished Beerfest with was a very poor idea. Pretty sure it was made with 100% authentic smelter tailings.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Yeah that whole Auto-Rx thread can be boiled down to idiots arguing with idiots egged on by idiots.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

When I was in high school it was all Honda Accords. I guess the oil boom really is back.

Geez when I was in high school, pretty much everyone either drove beaters, like Sunbirds and Cavaliers, or their parents' cars (as in, what high school kid would go out and willingly buy a minivan?). Also, a TON of kids would take the city bus to school - probably 30-50% in total. I didn't drive to school because I was a 10-minute walk away.

E: How many of you ding dongs who own Automation would be willing to play a regular (monthly or something) contest where you're given a set of criteria and you're to build an engine/car to best fit them? I've been half-thinking about setting something like that up the past few days; just doing an interest check to see if it's worth the effort.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 10, 2014

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

It's snowing loving sideways guys, what the hell! :mad:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I remember when one of my ex-girlfriends asked if I could teach her how to use a manual transmission, the lesson ended with an "Ohhhhh......" (you all know the kind of "Ohhhhh......" I'm talking about) before it even began when I suggested she should wear proper shoes instead of her favourite *~cute~ flip-flops.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

meatpimp posted:

You can't write that stuff. No offense intended with the nerd classification, Rhyno.

Dude we all post on (what was formerly) an internet comedy forum, being a huge loving nerd is a prerequisite for that. (I know I am)

Having met tons of AI posters in person, I can confidently state that I would neither fight nor employ another AI poster to fight any of them.

Clearly you've never met me. :v:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

Dangit I want 928 comfort with TDI mpg.

Buy a Panamera Diesel. :kheldragar:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So I watched TT3D: Closer to the Edge last night for the first time...good Christ those guys are loving lunatics, especially Guy Martin. :catstare:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

kastein posted:

Mine: crapcan/toiletjeep/gently caress this thing (depends on how much it broke), dirty piece of poo poo (named by a friend of mine), blue truck, big piece of poo poo...

Gonna have to change this up a bit because I am about to have two blue trucks that are carbon copies of each other and no dirty piece of poo poo. Gonna be weird, man.

One poo poo, two poo poo, red poo poo, blue poo poo.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

kastein posted:

That's more accurate than you probably intended, since I have a white shitbox, two blue shitboxes, a red shitbox, and a camo shitbox.

Well I do lurk your thread... :ninja:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Shop towels live in the bag I purchased them in.

Paper towels go on a vertical holder

5 spices are only needed in life. Salt, pepper, lawrys season salt, crushed red pepper and some kind of garlic. No particular order.

Savages. :colbert:

No basil? No paprika? Not even ginger? Uncultured swine! Seriously, I have probably 30 herbs and spices in my rack and they all get used.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Man I don't know about you guys but drinking whiskey on the rocks is a cardinal sin. Neat or nothing.

Powershift posted:

I passed some sort of car cruise and i have no idea what the gently caress. It was about 30% rattle canned imports, 30% lifted/lowered trucks, 30% harleys, and 10% muscle cars.

Alberta.txt

E: Could you imagine how ridiculous these last few pages would have been if Viggen wasn't in kitty jail?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Or you could do this, not die of coronary artery disease AND IMPRESS A GIRL/GUY ENOUGH TO GET ORAL SEX:

Also because you aren't going full retard with cheese, save money for gas/Jeep parts

1 sprig basil
1/2lb. tomatoes (such as beefsteak or cherry), coarsely chopped
1/4 cup fresh sweet (or frozen, thawed) cherries, pitted
1/4 cup fresh sour cherries, pitted, or sour cherries in light syrup from a jar, drained
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. finely chopped shallot
1/2 tsp. (or more) sugar
1/8 tsp. kosher salt plus more
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 6-oz. halibut fillets
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil plus more for drizzling

Combine basil, tomatoes, sweet and sour cherries, vinegar, shallot, sugar, and 1/8 tsp. salt in a large bowl; cover and let sit at room temperature 1–2 hours.
Remove basil sprig. Purée tomato mixture in a blender until smooth; strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl, whisk in oil, and season with salt.

Season halibut with salt and pepper. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook halibut until golden brown and just opaque in the center, about 4 minutes per side.
Serve halibut with tomato-cherry vinaigrette, drizzled with oil.

This pairs nicely with white wine, a lager or wheat beer.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 28, 2014

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I've been making my own hot sauces for years and they're usually well received by friends.

Also today I feel like poo poo and I hate myself and I can't figure out what's up my rear end to put me in this place.

Well if you put hot sauce up there I don't know what to say, you're most definitely going to feel like poo poo. Also this guy:

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Best hot sauce; Sambal oelek.

...knows what's up. Good enough flavour to stand as a condiment by itself and it's hot enough for pretty much any purpose. Anything hotter is just the ~*~sick blue LED casemodding ~*~ of cooking.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

While it would definitely cause some rage, a rotary engine here in North America is enough of a novelty that people would be interested by it. If you really want to piss off old people Vette fans, stab a boosted F20 into one.

E: Or an electric motor.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Motronic posted:

The Weissach Neckarsulm symphony orchestra.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Motronic posted:

Wasn't that the 924? Or were they both built there?

Close enough.

Both the 924 and 944 were built in Neckarsulm, though Porsche moved 968 production to Zuffenhausen, presumably because they were broke as gently caress at the time (and farmed out convertible construction to Karmann in Osnabruck). :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

There isn't really one thing I listen to when I drive; I'll listen to whatever my iPod comes up with...could be The Black Keys, could be The Heavy, could be The XX...could be Scooter (which is surprisingly appropriate for driving my douchebag-mobile E46 :haw:). Pink Floyd is pretty good drivig music, especially if you're driving at night, as is Kraftwerk.

I also listen to the Red Sox on MLB Gameday Audio if they're on, but that often just makes me angry.

• Locked thread