Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-TRXB1tLIs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
"Hey, I'm interested in $car in stick, but I never driven stick. Can you give me a quick lesson?"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Some dude at work did a really advanced looking excel sheet that he printed out and put on notice boards all over that showed exactly how much overtime you could work before you started losing money...

loving marginal tax, how does it work?

The answer is 168 hours.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

It's the loving Cato Institute who's only function is to whine about how 30% marginal tax rate is killing all of the job creators.

(protip: the marginal tax rate is super loving low in this country)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

So, I'll just put this out here, with your use of the uncomfortable word in another thread:

What do you think of when you hear "tweet?" Something from twitter. Only 8 years ago, that definition was laughable and strange. Peep this:

Go with a large batch of what we used to call "drink coasters." Label them with a big "N." Get a lot of bars to start using them and instead of calling them "coasters," call them "niggers." friend of the family coasters. A brand. Get bars to buy in, "get that drink on a friend of the family." "Don't mess up my table, put a friend of the family down." Etc.

The word was used to a particular effect. If you make a word so powerful that some people cannot utter it, it becomes oppressively powerful. Instead, devalue it. Change the collective consciousness' view of the word. Face it, slavery was over more than 150 years ago. MANY generations before people living now ever faced it directly, regardless of race. If we devalue the word, instead of giving it tremendous power, THAT is the best way to foster equality.

That's meatpimp's idea for the day.

Is this an unironic "slavery is over, get over it" post?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

"Job creators" is a misnomer. Watch "Inequality for All," available on Netflix. It is fascinating and a good summary of current events.

I'll take a look at it tonight, I know what's been going on and what has been the genesis of the growing income inequality in the states.

quote:

No, it's an unironic solution for what both sides agree is a problem.

"Both sides"?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bucephalus posted:

And I wasn't taught this in high school because...?

It's not on the test. :v: (or your school didn't offer economics or you didn't take it)

I work at a financial and about half of the people had no idea how the tax structure went. A good rule of thumb is that unless if someone is a crazy billionaire who has more money than god or a family who is receiving some sort of government assistance, it is 100% bullshit that you'll wind up making less if you receive a raise and get bumped up a tax bracket. The edge cases are real, but they're extremely specific.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
rscott: gimme your email address.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

Some of the most awesome nights I've had have come from going to a wedding dateless. There was a documentary made about it, it was called Wedding Crashers.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Every thread is car insurance chat. :qq:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh hey, the rest of AI had awful insomnia last night, too? Cool.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Fucknag posted:

I went back to the gym last night! :unsmith:

And now I've been up all night and can't sleep! :unsmigghh:

It's been hot as poo poo and I have a bad habit of working out late anyways, lol @ going to sleep before midnight.

I hosed up my hand royally a month ago so I haven't been lifting. Don't gently caress up your hand and shoulder when you're 15 years old, it pays dividends later on. My gains. :smith:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I heel toe in my Rainbows all of the time.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Google Drive loving sucks.

This catte does not: http://jalopnik.com/cat-rescues-child-from-dog-attack-in-driveway-makes-be-1576282099

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Idk what to tell you if you don't read Rhyno's posts as the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I've had the displeasure of riding in 2 students' late model Camrys. What a loving awful car.

Buy a Mazda2: 35mpg and turns in like a champ. :getin:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Gonna e/n for a sec, thanks for being patient.

So month of May: broke up with my girlfriend of 3+ years (it wasn't going anywhere), signed up for 2 track days next month, bought a Real Camera, and I'm going to be out of town pretty much every weekend for the next 5 to 6 weeks. Oh yeah, I'm also down 20+ lbs for the year and have finally made progress against the weight I've gained since getting a desk job; only 10lbs to go!

I hung out with some friends from work earlier and I'm watching ladies arm wrestle right now. If I told myself 10 years ago this is what my life looked like, I would never believe it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Weight is all diet, though.

Working out makes all sort of brain chemicals go off. Oh yeah, you also get a sweet beach bod at the end. :v:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I hopped on the Win8 beta and RC since I was a computer janitor at the time and I was using it on my school laptop and on my HTPC. The start menu programs hadn't existed yet, but out of the box it took me more keystrokes to do the same thing in Win7. That's unacceptable.

I liked Windows Vista, but I wasn't a loving invalid and tried to run it with 512MB of RAM (8GB supremacy).

Meatpimp nailed it: it's just another PR nightmare like Vista. See: the Mojave Experiment.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Nokia makes a great handset and WP looks pretty good, but the OS sucks, there's next to no app support, and IE really blows.

I went from a Nokia Lumia 920 to a Nexus 4 to a Nexus 5. The N5 is a brilliant handset and bone stock AOSP has all of the bells and whistles I need.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Nobody outside of eBay has the Fujinon XF 35mm.

I'm gonna punch a nerd.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I've been bored while running so I've been thinking of a Lexus SC300/400 with a manual swap and either a 1UZ or a 1JZ w/ a turbo.

Oh, daydreaming. :allears:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I think the bigger problem is the manual transmission.

Other option is just throwing an LS3 and a T56 at it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Twin. Turbos. eventually Kick. In.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There's a new Initial D movie coming out.

G E T H Y P E

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Like 4 hours into my extendo weekend vacation and I spot a BMW Z1 with destructo.

:stare:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone posted:

Like 4 hours into my extendo weekend vacation and I spot a BMW Z1 with destructo.

:stare:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There was a search term map posted recently and Florida Googled "Mazda Miata" the most, Connecticut was "Wu Tang Clan", and Minnesota had "rollerblading", etc etc

I've been putting around Minneapolis on a bicycle today and it's real. I stopped counting when I got to the 50s. :stare:

e: something more AI related

Phone fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 26, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Fuckin' lol if you don't call your cars "The $Model".

This falls apart when you have more than one of the same model, though. :ohdear:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ozmiander posted:

Has anyone heard of a Fiesta S being ordered with the Ecoboost 1.0? It's listed as an option code as opposed to an engine choice..

AFAIK it's the only way to get it.

blk posted:

You can take offense to your sex being generalized without being the typical goon/redditor.

Yes. I'm a strong advocate and supporter of equal rights and treatment for women, and I act on those beliefs in my daily life and through established political mechanisms. When Jezebel fans start screeching about all men being rapists and it floods my social media feed, it pisses me off. When the latest internet feminist campaign says men shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves against generalizations in feminist debate, it pushes me off the edge. Its just as bad as what some men do to women. Just because I was born with a penis doesn't make me a chauvinist.

Don't be a shithead.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ohgodwhat posted:

I really hate it when all of those feminists make generalizations about men.

Wow, go back to D&D you loving SJW.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ozmiander posted:

Except it's only listed as an option on the SE.

Is it auto only with the SE trim though? I thought I saw something about how 3% of the Fiestas were special ordered with an Ecoboost and 5 speed.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

blk posted:

Zero, happily married to a self-identified feminist and friends with many others.

I didn't say that.

You too, buddy.

OK, let's change the topic since this is going nowhere.

Why don't you self-identify as a feminist?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ahahahahahahah

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Had to drive my friend's Toyota 22RE 4x4 today. Holy poo poo it was too much fun.

*furiously browsing cl*

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

LloydDobler posted:

Also someone in this forum turned me on to Miami Horror, which has a definite summer sound to me.

It was me. :kimchi:

Every time I Look To You comes up, it's a good time.

Much like Real Slow, Holidays has an AI video as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF8dt1hpZ9M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
If you like 80s synth, give Com Truise a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMjCxV7u8OA

Also, this is me irl:

• Locked thread