Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Goober Peas posted:

For the rest of us*, there's always this :

*myself, STR, and CSB excluded

This glorious thing reminds me I need to get a photo of my glorious couch and post it on here. I'm very pleased with how my home theater room is going.

My wife and I didn't measure the couch and our room before we ordered it, and it was MUCH bigger than we thought. It comfortably seats 7-8. 3-4 can sleep on it stretched out. It's ridiculous.

Off to a photo shoot this afternoon. My first engagement shoot of the year..I'm looking forward to it because I haven't photographed much lately and the weather is perfect.

Here's a question for everyone -- what is the best gift for a new father? A very close friend of mine is having a son on Thursday. I've known him and his wife for almost 15 years, and I was actually the one who got them to meet. They're the first of all my friends to start popping out babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

My downstairs entertainment room is an ongoing work in progress. It's my favorite room in the house, and I love to entertain. We bought a giant couch last year that seats 7-8 comfortably and recently added the ottoman.

Aside from getting the rear speakers elevated more, what should I do next?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Bigger tv/projector.

The problem is I'm a cheapass. The only item we've really splurged on in our entire house is that ridiculous couch. What should I look for in a lower-priced projector? I also don't mind buying used.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

What's the distance from the couch to the tv? I have a 70" in my living room and we're at about 14 feet viewing distance and the thing is honestly too big.

10-13ft probably. The 51" we have down there feels fine but I have wall space for more.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Galler posted:

Grand Prix GTP if I remember right. If I had found one for a reasonable price before I found my Fit I probably would have bought one. Supercharged 3800 :allears:

I test drove and looked at a few GXPs, but the lovely transmission kept me from buying.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I've lost 14lbs in the last 6 weeks.

A girl just said my butt looked good. Total stranger. I feel loving awesome.

Nice! Keep it up. I discovered 2 weeks ago that I'm capable of doing pull-ups. I'd always been too fat as a kid/young adult and never tried. Up to 10 in a row now.

meatpimp posted:

How many of you are still driving in your AI-sanctioned Reeboks that we got cheap as poo poo?

I wore holes in mine so quick. I've never had a pair of shoes so comfortable though. I had some Piloti driving shoes I bought when I blew out the Reeboks, but then I blew those out and now Piloti is out of business and no one makes a good driving shoe. :(

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

Too true. I live in Des Moines, but I've got family down in Trenton, MO I spend time with every summer. It's crazy down there.

Only thing to recommend it is that the hills are insane, and doing 70 down 'em in the middle of the night is considered normal behavior.

It's nuts how much the terrain changes south of the state line. My wife's family lives 15 minutes north of Missouri and I've ventured south a few times when visiting them just to cruise around. It goes from typical Iowa rolling hills to big steep hills and trees really quickly.

On another note I sincerely loving regret volunteering to work on Memorial Day. The weather is supposed to be perfect all weekend and all my friends went to a lake in Wisconsin for the weekend.

I also have to work a half day today.

...and I'm hungover because I like cheap tequila.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Anyone ever tried Mad Dog 357? A friend gave a little bit to me as a joke once. I thought my face was melting.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah I love spicy stuff quite a bit, and just ate a pile of eggs covered in sweet delightful sriracha. Some of the stuff is just stupid though. I guess I can understand it if you're adding a drop or two to a pot of chili.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

85*F outside and I'm about to go to the beach with my gorgeous wife, her sister, and her friend. I also just ate a loving awesome sandwich.

I have no complaints.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Saylorville or Big Creek? I plan to get back out to saylorville when I get home next.... houseboats are going back in the water... and there's plenty of beer and food to be getting after!

MacBride. We usually go to Rathbun for skiing/wakeboarding but Macbride is just a 20min drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Holy poo poo I am sunburned pretty badly. Hell of a fun day though. LOL

• Locked thread