Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Voted UKIP, happy voting everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Seaside Loafer posted:

The majority of people just vote on what they are used to eg 'im labour my father was labour' most don't even read the loving manifesto. I'm no clever person but i am capable of reading, just.

I'm green because its the nearest fit to my worldview when you read what they want, far from perfect of course but what is.

I'm listening to the results programme on BBC now and all i hear is 'ukip' every other word and no one saying what their policy's are and soundbites. its loving stupid and annoying and I'm going to turn the telly off now.

Why cant anyone just campaign on real things?

I just think we should put everything in the hands of an AI send every MP and counciler to work in the coal mines.

Maybe we are all tired of voting for our fathers party.

These are pretty exciting results. A clear message is being sent to the main three. UKIP is now a party to be reckoned with, and Nigel has exactly one year to get the extreme right wing cloud that has been following them around dissipated and become even more 'for the people'.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 23, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

tooterfish posted:

'for the people, just not those people.'

So far I have seen three Asian UKIP members standing for a seat and one African descent. Are 'they' the people you refer too? I am pretty sure a white supremacist party would not have coloureds? I don't know maybe im stupid, could you explain it to me please? Or are you part of the ignorant scare mongering brigade that doesn't like change? Even a Labour MP stated this morning that this smear campaign will have to stop now as UKIP needs to be taken seriously and worked with from now on.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 23, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Youre reaching friend, your reaching.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I see, so now you are saying UKIP isn't a racist party anymore but its members may be racist? That applies to all the parties then doesn't it?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Cerv posted:

christ at least be consistent

When an argument cannot be won, personal insults will abound.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

EvilGenius posted:

I loving love the US and Australian anti-immigration crowd. At least here you can claim a relatively small and densely populated country, even if the 'no room' argument is BS. But how does someone standing on one of the largest, most sparsely populated countries on the planet say 'we're full' and keep a straight face? How does someone who is descended from immigrants, living among an entire population of descendants of immigrants, claim that immigration should be capped or not allowed at all?

Maybe it's another topic, but it'd be interesting to hear how other countries push the anti immigration stance.

I read the UK per person to land mass ratio is the most heavily populated country on the planet.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Its what I read recently, forgive me for not doubting everything and jumping to Wikipedia to clarify everything that I come across in my life.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Spangly A posted:

Come on man. Whenever you hear anything without any proper backing that says the country you live in is special, you really should check that poo poo.

No we're not overpopulated. No English is not the hardest language (it's not even difficult).

We do have the highest millionaires/population though, and I can source that! :v:

I humbly apologise for not getting clarification on such an audacious claim. I shall double my efforts to make sure my posting suits your requirements with proper authenticated source material.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Spangly A posted:

Would someone please tell me why dressing up in Nazi fancy dress and rendering them a joke is actually really offensive?

Because like you stated in your previous post, it is fodder for the media who think the public are stupid enough to be 'offended' at such things. Be offended... it wont do anything to you, being offended that is. The media uses 'offensiveness' like it is some kind of disease It is just down right terrible to offend people these days and our whole culture has to be re evaluated to stop people being offended.

But why? Be loving offended, it wont loving kill you. Life will still go on. And guess what? I get offended too sometimes and I get over it.

*EDIT* Think I will post this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 23, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

thehustler posted:

To be fair, as poo poo as he is for doing this, it once again highlights the point that was brought up in Flat Earth News about our lovely media. They haven't got time to fact check things, or the resources, or in the worst cases actively don't check for ideological reasons.

And then that poo poo gets passed on down the pub to people like Myrddin_Emrys and they believe it.

Everything is all linked, all of the time. One input can have lots of outputs further down the line.

Edit: Is it possible to be pro-political correctness and be pro-free speech and think that nothing should be exempt from being made fun of equally? Is there some half way house?

Because Steve Hughes is well funny.

Haha, the bitterness and anger in this thread is sublime.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

R. Mute posted:

So basically nothing changes?

I think if you look at it from another perspective you could say 'everything changes'.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Ferrosol posted:

Ooh this ones easy it's about bowing to a German-greek royal family

It's about "British" institutions been owned by the Dutch (Royal Shell) the French (EON) and the Germans (parts of our railnet)

It's about using a language that applies French vocabulary to German grammar

It's about following a religion founded by a Palestinian that was originally governed out of Italy

It's about eating our national dish an Indian Tika Masala

Oh dear... oh dear oh deary me! :ohdear:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

baka kaba posted:

their vote share actually dropped

So did the other three, a hell of a lot more than UKIP's in comparison, so that argument is just stupid.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Pork Pie Hat posted:

So non-white people, however many generations of their family have lived here, can never be considered British in your view?

The British are the most mongrel out of all the countries in Europe, so why is poo poo like this still an issue?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

JFairfax posted:

And the fact that we've been at war with Islam for 10 years.

I am telling you THIS is the reason why we've lurched so far to the loving right, because Tony 'closet Catholic fascist' Blair got us involved in this clash of civilizations.

It's loving retarded and the war in Iraq was never about Iraq, it was about pitting 'western "christian" civilization' against the others, regardless of what anyone said at the time it would take GENERATIONS to undo the fuckup that was that decision, precisely because it not just radicalises extremists against those starting the wars but it radicalises the populations of those commiting the acts of war and normalises demonisation, militarism and violence against others the brown enemy.

And that's what it's loving done and now the ghost of Mosley has risen and everyone is loosing their loving minds for god king and country.

So loving stupid.

I agree with you, and it comes to the point where we just want to be left out of this poo poo to the point of just being left alone and let us look after ourselves. We don't want to be seen as part of Americas war on tyranny, we just want to have happy decent comfortable lives, and in the 21st loving century why the hell are we not having just that?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

winegums posted:

I know this was a few pages back, but can someone please explain the difference between a slut and a slag?

That's like trying to explain the difference between a oval office and a twat, there is none.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
One thing I keep seeing from David Cameron today is his statement of 'The Conservative party does not do pact or deals!'
What the hell did he do with the Lib Dems in the last general election to get his the role of Prime Minister then?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hey guys, do we have a new prime minister yet?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
UKIP doing well I see. Protest votes? I think its patronising and condescending to the actual voters to call them protest votes. hosed off with British politics and bare faced liars and want a change votes? I think so.

Will be interesting to see what they do in Europe now they have so many seats.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Gonzo McFee posted:

I hope it's ill conceived protest votes because the idea that people are actually supporting the types of people who view gays, women, immigrants and anyone who doesn't love the queen as pests to be marginalized and eradicated is loving terrifying.

History has shown us time and time again, even in very recent war history, that he best way to deal with your enemy is to make them monsters in the eye of the public.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
The gist im getting is that everyone who voted UKIP are idiots? That's a large proportion of the country that's being branded idiots. Oh and before you say 'well it was only a 34% turn out' well those that didn't vote, don't really have a say do they?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Lib Dems are taking a loving goddam pasting though.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Farage gets his seat!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Tory boy trying to talk like Bill Hague is boring me now.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
How many more to be announced? I want to go to bed :(

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hey guys. Well shame about the main three but I think we can all agree that the best man won Eh? Tally-ho chaps.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Paddy Ashdown was the best prime minister we never had. He is ex SAS for fucks sake!!!

The lib Dems lost me as a supporter during when during the coalition it was obvious the Tories were using them as their whipping boys, and Nick Cleggs rather bizarre to ditch Lib Dem policy just to keep big Dave happy.
The right move for Clegg right now is to dissolve the coalition.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 26, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Serotonin posted:

You are a loving idiot

And you are a oval office

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Gotta love this pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Betjeman posted:

There's a shitload of entitlement that thinks young people should be able to afford a decent place in a decent part of London straight out of college. There are still loads of affordable areas in zone 5. £800 a month gets you a one bed flat near East Croydon which is only 20 minutes to Victoria. £450 a month gets you a room in a houseshare in zone 3 Tooting, 30 minutes on the Northern line.

In the village I live in Lincolnshire £800 a month would get you a 5 bedroomed house... detached!

Also, its Lincolnshire, absolutely beautiful.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 30, 2014

• Locked thread