Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Boco_T posted:

UFC Fight Pass added K-1, it looks like to start with they have the final WGPs from 2001 and 2005-2010.

BRAIN DEATH PUNCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bushmeister posted:

Takeru is very willing to eat shots to give shots, and also to showboat/goad his opponent. He's not AS dumb about it as he was when I first saw him fight, but I still stand by my earlier prediction of "one of these days someone will end his loving existence"

Also why do these fighters want to intentionally piss Takeru off, why

has Takeru ever fought outside of Japan?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I talked to Gary about butts on twitter, that was pretty cool. But mostly he tweets inspirational things.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

does Mohan Dragon have lead weights in his gloves? That's some drat ugly fisticuffs.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it kinda reminds me of highschool-level karate tournaments where its 19 kids who are there because their parents secretly think they're gay and 1 kid that really wants to wreck poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that's illegal!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonna enjoy watching Hesdy skate around Badr like he was cocaine charges.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought the whole point of kickboxing was hilarious mismatches and cranky old dutch guys screwing over japanese match fixers?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bluedeanie posted:

"Sheridan was found guilty of possessing an imitation firearm at a sports centre"

what an excuisitely specific law

Baroque legal systems have all sorts of weird poo poo in them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tenshin is only 19. I hope whatever magic he has powering him doesn't disappear everytime he fights outside of japan.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

What's been explained to me is that in MT, the betting lines are open until the last round so a lot of what you see are dudes setting ranges and checking techniques until times to fight for realsies.

I don't know if that's 100% accurate but fights I've watched tend to follow the same pattern.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

david carmichael posted:

A week or two ago my facebook memories popped up to remind me of the time hesdy got caught with 128 kg of coke. An impressive feat

I think the final telling on that was Hesdy wasn't anywhere near the cocaine but someone decided to push an investigation because his half-brother was the one in the warehouse.

Led to this great quote from his trainer:
"Hesdy has been framed. He wakes up at 7:30, at 10:00am he trains with me, rests in the afternoon, then in the evening does strength and conditioning and is in bed by 10:00 PM. I cannot imagine that he still would have time for things like this."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

getting beat over the head by big tittie fitness models seems like a better career choice imo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tenshin's sister is going to fight

https://twitter.com/Karaev_Fan/status/974689225277825026

oh and some poo poo about a new kickboxing org and lawyers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the K-Fiesta was really good because they said 69 a whole bunch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

There's a very healthy scene in the north, there's usually a few shows a year on at whatever the Reebok stadium is called now in Bolton. Yokkao run events pretty frequently, Tetsuya Yamato (the guy who just lost to Noiri) was over here a couple of years ago and got absolutely loving robbed against Liam Harrison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l84SbiATpFo

They have a bit of a range of shows, so they're not always big world class affairs, but their shows in conjunction with Super Showdown are usually good stuff. The next one of those isn't until late in the year. The next Yokkao card is in Southampton next month but it's one of the more grass roots shows. They've got Manachai signed to their gym, and he's headlining. He's in the Lumpinee rankings so I assume he's good but I don't think I've actually watched him fight since they announced his signing a few years ago.

Isn't the guy who used to commentate for Its Showtime kickboxing pretty heavily involved in that stuff? I vaguely remember his name circulating after the Glory buy out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

There's no way you can pay out a card from the house take so its open season for all sorts of wacky grifter action. That's why dutch organized crime and kickboxing go together so well.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MrBling posted:

I didn't really see it properly the first time and the ref stoppage seemed a bit premature. Then I saw the replay.

edit: also, someone make a streaming service with all these kickboxing and muay thai shows and I will gladly pay to watch them all. I hate that it is so difficult to watch people try and murder each other with knees and elbows.

outside of Glory on Fightpass, Fite.tv is the only consistent place to watch kicking violence fights. Otherwise you're in for some Truffle Pig Quest poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

willie_dee posted:

https://www.facebook.com/WingChunNews.ca/videos/802448903294257/

Who is this happy chappy? Bukkaw? How'd he get so good?

Saenchai Muaythaigym

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought they found Ruslan's body a few year ago but this way better news.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Petchpanomrung just completely kicked the poo poo out of Abdellah Ezbiri inside 2 rounds. Ezbiri beat Noiri just 6 months ago, he's a super solid fighter.

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/995392186320637953

like a steel girder to the jawline.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

love these translations

https://twitter.com/kunlun_fight/status/996222546042241024

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Foul Fowl posted:

it's pretty cool that tenshin is fighting these frankenstein monster thais non stop. that guy's chin was really ridiculous.

One thing I've noticed about thai boxers is they dont get knocked out so much as they decide to stop fighting and lay down. Would not be surprised if Tenshin has to heal a hand break after trying to dent that stone.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If there's fights https://twitter.com/Jolassanda will announce them

news and stuff from this feed https://twitter.com/Karaev_Fan

that's all the kicking fights knowledge I have, many sorry.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

we dont talk about dunc. he’s somewhere else now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

about an hour in there's child fighting, which is always the best.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/Jolassanda/status/1025362325576925189

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm stoked. I've only seen grainy vhs footage of Lethwei fights I scummed off of some MMA torrent tracker.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

this is for people that wanna do Bloodsport for realsies. I love it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm surprised more predatory network tv content providers haven't started strip mining this kinda stuff. I'd totally watch burmese dudes headbutt each other at 11pm on a Saturday night. Maybe even throw in some wacky sound effects and goofy voice overs.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like how we're ignoring they're loving headbutting each other.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

for $7USD, that's not a terrible deal. Tho I doubt they'll make it accessible to english speakers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope its a taipei deathmatch contested in a ring of fire

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ref bump in muy thai, amazing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Joe Rogan is proud his teachings are embraced

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hey KIDS do you love liver KICKs? gently caress yeah.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Troxartas posted:

He was out on his feet and somehow ate like 20 more shots

I was more disturbed by the tent being erected in the ref's pants

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

congrats K-1 you just spiked Japan's COVID-19 infection cases.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Did Badr Hari get arrested again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sometimes you gotta get kicked in the liver to help with the poops.