Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Gung Ho looks like an interesting new perk. Anything to buff SMG's! Although it will be a lot of fun with shotguns, I hope there is a proper marathon in the game.

Also, little upset that they've gone back to a system that encourages you to only run a gun + perks. The CoDs are more interesting when people have lethals and tacticals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There's only been one good shotgun in the entire series and I don't see them bringing it back.

I'm curious which one you think it is. I mean mw2 itself had 5 good ones.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
The fact jump is stuck on A and I can't remap it to lb is bullshit.

Gotta be ready to exo at a moments notice!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
So you don't retain progress on camo unlock challenges, only the camo itself. Have fun getting 500 longshots on your last prestige!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Survival is so boring. The only rounds where you really feel in danger are the objectives, because you have to leave your camping spot. Spoon and I just got to 101 and ended up committing suicide because we had been playing for 3 hours.

Random Survival Tips!

Exo Cloak is life. If enemies don't see you cloak they pretty much ignore you. This helps a lot with the dogtags and emp rounds, especially with fewer then 4 players. Also great for regenning health, which takes forever.

When you buy a gun it replaces whatever you're holding. You can have two primaries, but you need to make sure you're holding your pistol when you buy the second one otherwise you'll hate yourself.

Don't bother using the care package scorestreaks for the early rounds. Once you have a full stack of 3, any other packages that give streaks will give two upgrade points as well.

I feel like heavy is the best class, because goliath really helps out with holding the hardpoint. Turret is dumb except for ripped rocket turret, and uav is nice but not essential except for invis guys.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Spoon Man posted:

BOYS qualified for platinum division.

rip

Man, how dead is this game? We didn't play very much at all.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Spoon Man posted:

I couldn't have held up the rear without you, Mommy Bloat.

I should change my name to Zombie Boat

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

There's a vote right now for the map that will have a 24/7 playlist leading up to the DLC on the 27th.

Comeback is winning. Then Detroit, somehow? Then Solar and Riot.

2-4 above are probably my bottom three.

I feel comeback, terrace, biolab, and green band are the good Dom maps this time.

Also, not sure if this has been posted yet for all the tryhards

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z3-syTEbrn5J2FKt_2yAEuHjsQ3DXtzbW_tTdCvAyo4/pubhtml

Lol at how op some of the variants are compared to the base. Like the facehammer for the bulldog. I stopped playing destiny so I wouldn't have to deal with this.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Nighthand posted:

Give me that zombies shotgun in multi. Give me a good shotgun. Jesus christ I want one thing out of these games and it's so simple but I'll never get it.

I think AW may have the worst shotguns since 4.

I wish the shotgunners were as vocal as the quickscopers. Might actually get a decent gun.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Wazzit posted:

I appreciate and respect the Boat kind however.

What about rainbows?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Hopefully they pick me so I may be able to tell them that Black Ops was a piece of poo poo and they should scrap whatever they've done on Blops3 and make Modern Warfare 2 again.

Convince them to make a modern warfare collection, like the master chief collection but actually working.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

So I'm playing the single player, and- did that guy just stick me with a dirty loving needle?

Whatever you do, don't play Far Cry 4

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Mill Village posted:

You kinda answered it yourself. People get burned out playing the same poo poo year after year. The new movement system isn't enough of a change to the stale COD formula, unfortunately.

I would argue that the new movement system was to much of a change. It's the biggest change the franchise has ever had and really changes the dynamic of the game.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I haven't ever cared about the time period. It's all about the shootyman.

The only important things are if the maps are good and multiple play styles are viable.

And no loving halftime in Dom.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Wazzit posted:

I too am gravely concerned about my fps shooter lore.

Spoilers: shoot the man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Ghosts Digital Pro bundle edition is on sale for $48.99 from $100 should I pick it up?

If the alternative is buying $49 in lotto tickets then yes.

Otherwise no. Blops 3 drops in a month and a half and after the beta I'm sure no one will touch root beer again.

• Locked thread