Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Which rapper will provide his voice for $3 announcer DLC for this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You can play the sub-HD 20-30 fps version of Destiny on your 360.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Sorry guys, there's no Wii U version coming out this year. I guess it just wasn't selling enough for some dumb reason.

What did they think was going to happen when they sold a gimped version that was rarely patched and didn't offer any of the map packs?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

DStecks posted:

Pretty sure about half the guns in Halo 4 shoot lasers.

There's at least one gun in each Halo game that shoots lasers. Plasma guns count for this, too.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

COD hasn't had good audio since MW2, so I'm glad they're really looking into that part of the game. Hopefully I reliably sound-whore again.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A beta didn't help BF4. :negative:

Betas are like demos at this point. They don't really help anything in the full game at all, especially since the betas tend to have a very small amount of content from the full game.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Titanfall is the game Brink wishes it was.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Destiny is not an Xbone exclusive so it will be great.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

TF on Xbone doesn't drop into single-digit framerates.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

1stGear posted:

Weird how the only posts I can find about it dropping into single-digits are from the XB1 version.

That was based on a Giant Bomb review, and Digital Foundry proved that was not the case at all.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

He was streaming Ghosts, but the stream is currently offline.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Show us more multiplayer already. :argh:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It looks like the Dragonfire from BLOPS 2 or the Vulture from Ghosts.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I feel like "TTK" is the new "lag comp." Guns have always killed fast in COD, this one is no different.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Roman posted:

Little shits couldn't even wait until the game came out to make this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUqHQt_KDGs

You can quickscope with a magnum now. :allears:

Mister Macys posted:

PC with a 360 controller; because I want to get owned repeatedly for the three whole weeks the PC community exists after every CoD launch.

Three weeks? Ghosts' PC community barely lasted one.

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 12, 2014

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Marking a $60 game 50% off 4 months after release doesn't help it much.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ghosts on the PS4 ran higher then 60 fps at launch, but a patch came out that fixed that. It still has framerate drops, though.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-whats-fixed-and-whats-not-in-the-cod-ghosts-ps4-patch

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Looks pretty nice at 60 FPS. One thing I noticed in that video is the Scorestreak meter now shows the cost for the next streak, instead of a vague bar like BLOPS 2 had.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Videos!

I've been watching multiplayer videos of this on youtube since last night and I've noticed a few things that might interest people.

-UAV's aren't tiny little planes anymore but big fuckoff shark looking things. Around 2:10 into this video you can see one come in from the top left of the screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHjucvisNDA

-Paladin killstreak is gonna be nasty. Can't remember when it starts in this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgwV3A3rdVI

-The explosive drone is both hilarious and adorable. I don't think I'll ever not use it. Skip to 6:01 and watch the kill cam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-jYC_bwkzg

Looks like UAVs are going to really easy to shoot down now. The Paladin reminds me of the Chopper Gunner. It looks like the bullets really spread out, though.

I guess I'll be running Flak Jacket a lot if that drone becomes popular. I haven't found anyone videos of people shooting it. It keeps catching them off guard.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That pistol is going to be amazing. I hope there's an akimbo version. I think I'm going to use that gun on all my classes. :allears:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer - SNIP…: http://youtu.be/cIWgeNScXn0

:smithicide:

I'm agitated just watching that. Quickscoping is for child molesters. You know who you are.

Good thing there's double jumps and dashing to make you a harder to hit target.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll have months and months of patches with "spawn improvements" that won't do anything.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The wallhack UAV pulses like the Oracle does.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Here's a video of the Akimbo LMGs, the XMG-11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfcxC7uSjyE

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I didn't see many videos of quickscopers killing people while they were jumping. They were either at ground level, slightly higher than them, or landing. I have yet to see someone quickscope someone while double-jumping.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Macys can't buy an Xbone, his friends from the circle-jerk thread will never forgive him.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

People who fire silenced guns show up on the mini-map.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All call of dutys on the Wii say hi.

Hey, those were just low-res versions of the originals. The only things they were missing were the player-controlled streaks. Its not like the Vita COD which was a rushed abomination of BLOPS 1.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

JackGeneric posted:

Of all the problems with Ghosts, I think the most blatant is just that it's just so boring. I came back after taking a break, and there just wasn't any build I wanted to make, any lovely gun I wanted to practice with, any map I wanted to play, any killstreak I wanted to earn. MW3 was an unbalanced shitshow that barely advanced the series, but at least you could occasionally have fun running around with double Deagles or a thermal L86 on drop zone.

And yeah, the progression system sucks. I thought I'd like the idea of buy what you want when you want, but it just did not work right. At launch, you spent three games scraping together for a muzzle brake, and now they dump 60 points in your lap every game. Totally unsatisfying either way. I mean, you like to feel like you're above the Skinner Box tactics, but I did all 10 prestiges and a good chunk of the challenges in Blops 2, and I didn't manage make it to a single prestige in Ghosts.

Blops 2 was my favorite, so I'm pretty happy with AW looks to be shaping up.

I agree with you on the progression system. At first I thought buying what you want, when you wanted it was a cool idea, but it makes leveling pointless. I have nothing to look forward to, and no reason to experiment with other weapons. I quickly figured out what the best guns and perks were, and only used them for the one Prestige I managed to complete.

The rest was just a boring mess of bad gameplay decisions.

Mister Macys posted:

Actually, it takes place in between the two Black Ops console games. :eng101:

Okay, I stand corrected. I Googled it and it is is a rushed abomination of several COD games mashed together. It even has some stuff from COD4 and MW3.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Yea needing a crutch to stomp on consoles players is something to be proud off. :mmmhmm:

Not really, he just prefers mouse and keyboard controls. There's more to good COD players then what controller you use.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I don't know if I can play Uplink properly. Throwing the "ball" at enemies to make them temporarily helpless is just too good not to do. :allears:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm giving in to peer pressure, I'm getting a PS4 to play this on. :negative:

Plus Destiny has all that exclusive content and way more clans I can group up with.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

OneDeadman posted:

My guess is that it might be 3-team domination.

Sledgehammer already said Multi-Team is not in the game, so I doubt that. Charlie Intel is a good source for COD, but they make mistakes sometimes.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There's more 360 goons on PS4 then Xbone. There's also the PS3 goons on the PS4, so that means more people for COD then Xbone has. Plus the Xbone's OS (especially the Party chat) is loving terrible. At this point my Xbone is just going to be my Halo box when the Master Chief Collection comes out.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Actually I really don't care, I had some post on here talking about how great the Xbox One's October update is, but I just don't care. I updated this wonderful graph to post instead:

I heard good things about that update, but I didn't get into the preview version.

Fibby Boy posted:

I'm getting this on the bone because the bone also has evolve and I want to play that too.

I'm surprised that you want a Bone more then the PS4 since you play so much Dark Souls and Bloodborne is a PS4 exclusive.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

That's amazing. What gimmick bullshit are they going to require this year for gold camos?

50 kills while dashing sideways
50 kills while dashing backwards
50 kills while dashing forwards
50 kills while double jumping
50 kills while an enemy is airborne

Is that good for starters?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Cool, I bought the Destiny bundle last week so I will add you.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

I have a feeling this is exactly what happened. They are just reusing assets from the other game modes. Quick and dirty solution.

Sections of BLOPS 2's singleplayer took place on the multiplayer maps. I would say its an efficient solution more then anything.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think the Variable Grenade is going to be the best choice. Why pick one when you can have them all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

From what I've heard from COD youtubers who have played the multiplayer back when it was revealed, the movement system works really well and it doesn't take much time to get used to it.

• Locked thread