Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Can I play as or fight Zombie Spacey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

The people that made Point Break should sue the people that made Speed and the people that made the Matrix for stealing the Johnny Utah character.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Let me know when reddit starts a petition to get riotshield + futureC4 banned and I'll start playing before it gets nerfed.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Slappers Only

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Not only are the graphics enhanced, but Advanced Warfare technology makes it possible to hold a pistol and riot shield simultaneously.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Spoon Man posted:

Not only are the graphics enhanced, but Advanced Warfare technology makes it possible to hold a pistol and riot shield simultaneously.

Apparently "attach file" is broken. Here it is:

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

A SWELL DUDE posted:

Holy poo poo they have that pseudo soccer game mode from UT2K3...TAKE MY MONEY NOW!

BOMBING RUNS?!

I played that all the time with goons until it got discontinued as a vacant gametype.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Can I use all of my Pick-13 points on batteries for my exosuit shield? Or maybe an AC adapter and an extension chord.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Clan wars are going to be great this time around.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

My biggest problem with this game is the TTK. It's the first COD in history to have an automatic weapon kill in 3 hits. Why can't they just use the MW2 TTK?

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Roman posted:

And isn't it 720p upscaled to 1080p on xbone?

Yep! I know my urologist appreciates that I went xbone over PS4 because I have too many P's as it is. Moderation in P's is key.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

The Merry Marauder posted:

They seem largely self-explanatory, but here is a gallery with a few more streaks' modules.

Bombing Run + Care Packages = Lethal Emergency Air Drop

Christmas is coming early this year!

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Javes posted:

I'm assuming they haven't revealed all of the scorestreaks yet as there aren't a whole lot of them compared to previous games. Although I imagine customizable streaks will increase the variety.

I assume that there aren't any more. The customizations change the base streak enough that they would have been entirely independent killstreaks in the previous games. With the modules, the 12 base streaks will really be like 40 unique streaks. I mean look at Remote Turret; the Rippable module is the Death Machine.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

venutolo posted:

I wish that you could have one CoD account across multiple platforms. I'd really like to be able to hop back and forth between Xbone and PS4 and have one set of classes/unlocks/stats/etc. It will probably never happen, but a man can dream.

It's technically possible. It's all a matter of red tape and effort. You know how much effort goes into their elite/clan/web stuff.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

PaulyWalnuts posted:

i preordered for the 360 any of you other fools getting it for it or should i stick to playing blops 2

You really are the only regular I've heard say they are going with the 360 version. Xbone is tops and PS4 is a close second. Even Cajun has a bone.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

someone make the drat spreadsheet already

Have at it, hoss.

http://docs.google.com

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Excel A&W Class Creator

This is required to be downloaded and opened in Excel 2007 or later in order to work.

I'm avoiding including VBA in this workbook so there is no clear button and removing a wildcard does not clear the related item that the wildcard made possible.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Shamefully not using Numbers.

What do you call the pick 13 count? That's numbers, bro.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

This game better have a good survival mode :ohdear:

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Got it. So cap A and B on Retreat and spawn camp pubbies at C.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

A Dire Weresloth posted:

We'll see what the new mechanics add to it. I had some good times with Marauder in MW3 survival, and adding a persistent progression mechanic with objective rounds makes this awfully similar to Extinction, really.

Might be a good time, might suck rear end. Time will tell.

MW3 survival was so bland for all the on-disc maps. 4 different wave progression tiers (difficulties) that were pretty much just introducing harder enemies a little earlier than the tier below.

The two things that made it work were 1) Each DLC map had their own unique wave progression and threw out the concept of difficulty level and 2) The sentry glitch that allowed you to hold as many weapons as you wanted (ie all 4 LMGs, a MK14, and a riot shield).

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Slower to use was the reason I used stun grenades over flash bangs in many CODs despite their smaller radius, so that's a significant downside. Being able to cycle through reads a lot better on paper than will likely play out in game. You'll probably just stick with one launcher after the 10th time you get killed while cycling.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

RE: BOYS

I'm only doing this once. Most people will just want to scroll past this reply.

The BOYS clan has been migrated over to an Xbox Live A&W clan already.

Managing A&W clans in any way beyond the migration is not yet implemented. There is nothing I can do right now to change a thing. The usernames in the roster list appear to be the Elite usernames you provided years ago, so hopefully everyone knows the username they registered with.

This is the roster that appears on the migration page that only I can access:

Adrian Shephard
atalentedmonkey
b3ttyspagh3tti
BCRock
BEAR OVERDRIVE
BEBHaven
BIEBazaelbub
Bloghouse
Bonearoo
booftor
BrokenKnees
CabSnow
Caf83
Cajun Psyco 23
chief jstc goku
closer
DJCobol
esk1
essbeeay
faaart XCUSE ME
FallinInTheBlak
FantasticDoor
FistEnergy
FreaquentC
GET MY BELT SON
gothmog001
Hackan Slash
hogfatherjake
IAmFrack
IAmFrick
IceLikeKobe24
im a doctor irl
Im A GPS Facial - RIP
IM DAY DAY IRL
iNN0vaTe
Jack5434
Jacs Noodle Boy
Jetpack Jeezus
KnightProjekt
KNROSU
Liquid Stuart
Literal Garbage
Maj0rPainz
Merry Marauder
milothed0g
Mister Macys
natalieportman9
Offshoretoast
Papa Javes
PorkTree
PozMyNeghole
Pr0 Indian
PROTOTYPE XERO
PunkRockTuba
puppy party
Quabzor
Real Dog Treats
Reverend Joshua
Rogue Shinobi
SA Spoon Man
Shnakepup
ShootPigsInFace
SpudsSpudsly
Strenots
TehMascot
Ty Webb23
venutolo
Wazzit
wetwholeAMIRITE
wintrrmute
Wolscott
Yamacruiser
yeyo42069
Zombie Boat

90% of you can ignore the above list.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

If you need a tonic water recommendation, you're drinking poo poo gin.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I'd play Titanfall horde mode once.
I'll continue to play Destiny raids.
I will definitely play the A&W wave-based mode.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Mister Macys posted:

Should be a fun selection of game modes.

"Party Size: 1-1"
Would this image suggest the possibility of multiparty play (for custom games, presumably)?
Cause a four team game of Uplink (2v2v etc.) would be pretty :krad:

Or it's the must more obvious game type: free-for-all

Just to be clear, it's definitely free-for-all.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Mister Macys posted:

I'm estimating 100 for me, 250 for you. :colbert:

I know how many I can get. You? not so much.

And 100, even 200 matches- is barely significant statistically when you've played 2,000+ matches by the time the next game rolls around.

You're saying that if you focused entirely on longshot challenges and switched to a different gun after you complete the 500 longshots each time, you could have this one camo unlocked on 10 to 20 different guns after a year of playing this game religiously. That's absurd.

I'll just work on my longshots for the riot shield and the other things in that category (like the tactical pogo stick and the digital boomerang) so that I can carry around a plaque of royalty.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I got it. A few did. A few didn't.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

No, 360 doesn't matter.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

The Merry Marauder posted:

Well the DLC packs are already named in the season pass trailer. First one in January (for Xbox).

DLC guns are a thing, and season pass holders get them sooner, like the Maverick and Ripper in Ghosts.

What are the names?

SuPremacy
AtroCity
Euthanasia
Yankee Doodle

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Wow. They put so little effort into name them that I guessed one. At least spell something dumb with them, Robert Bowling.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

The Machinima Man posted:

So, can somebody tell me how many players there are on Ghosts on the XBOX One right now? Reporting 27,486 on the 360 and I want to see the difference between last gen and next gen.

Those numbers will not be applicable to A&W at all, but I estimate there to be 00,321 players online right now on Ghosts xbone.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Captain America shield throw confirmed

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Dexters Secret posted:

I don't understand why they didn't drastically increase health. I feel everyone should have at least two to three times the amount of health they currently have.

Agreed. It's really strange that they made this game feel like a Call Of Duty and not Unreal Tournament. It was likely unintentional.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

If they're consistent with their use of the word, "Elite," it would be a gun that does not work.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Akumos posted:

Alright trip report on Day 2

Please, stop.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Agoat posted:

Is there an Xbone clan yet? I'm about to make one.

Definitely make a clan and invite both XBone and 360 players since XBL is considered one platform and they can all contribute to clan XP and clan wars.

BOYS is the existing XBL clan, but has been near or at capacity since 2011.

For anyone that is emblem challenged, you can join a clan and use the clan emblem! Clan members can also submit emblems for the leader to use/save/discard so you can use clans as a way of sharing emblem creations. I know as a clan leader, I can save the clan emblem to my personal list. If members can also save the clan emblem, the leader can just swap the clan emblem regularly for members to save a variety of solid entries.

Also, let me read an excerpt from today's journal about my enthralling adventures with an innovative SMG build. I call it SAC The Ripper. Tune in tomorrow for another showcase of one OK game I will have!

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Feenix posted:

Speaking of Survival... trying it out now for first time. Any tips? I beat the campaign, I'm solid-if-not-good at multiplayer, but even in the early rounds I feel like I get downed SUPER fast.

Either play with a friends and lock down a hallway/room or use the lightweight class, take gung ho, the BAL with lasersight, and constantly run around hip firing. Running around kind of herds the enemies so that you can just turn around and take out a group without worrying about your rear for a bit.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I improved my K/D from 0.95 to 1.06 after I used my prestige unlock on Peripherals. Seeing that extra large minimap really helps me penetrate into the top 3 on the reg.

Add me GT: zombie boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

:siren: CLAN WARS THIS SATURDAY :siren:

BOYS clan war roster is set. I suggest Pillow Talk does the same so that you can exclude the members that do not own this game while keeping them in the clan roster.

• Locked thread