Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

8bitlawd posted:

Call of Duty Advanced Reskin Fighter 2014 (ALL NEW ROSTERS & SET PIECES) -- Insert Mountain Dew & Doritos credits for QUINTUPLE XP Boost

I'm sure not tired of the last four years of reading this post and I'm sure as hell looking forward to another year of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Oh come on youre going to defect within the first 45 minutes and spend the rest of the game trying to force a muslim woman to vote.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I was watching a Twitch stream earlier when I was trying to decide whether or not I wanted the game and some rando joined in progress and began recording a live commentary over his PS4 mic.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

So did they make a version of COD yet for adults who have jobs and lives and poo poo or is this a bunch of kids who saw 'cool robot exoskeleton' and thought 'oh boy i cant wait to play TDM and let the timer count down while sitting in a corner' like it is every year

Rei_
May 16, 2004

WHOA HAY THIS SHOTGUN IS PRETTY FUN YO

Rei_
May 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Cause if they put 2 guns on the box no one would buy it (yea right lol)

more like titan FAIL

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I've had like three TDM games today go down to the timer, MAN kids do not want to play with the exosuit. I've been strapping on like all the speed poo poo I can get and just zipping around and like the entire other team will be hiding in a corner behind a thing like they're still playing Ghosts. I don't get it.

Like at this point I think Titanfall had the right idea. Ditch the loving killstreaks, getting them slows the gameplay down way too much.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

My game froze at the end of a TDM where I had like 22 kills with the drat Bulldog.

Shotgun reviews!
TAC - Stock standard workhorse shotgun. Pump action, good frequency of OHKs, decent range, bit short for my liking but still the best in its class on paper.

S-12 - Probably the worst of the bunch, high fire rate, low damage, low range. Good for hardcore, HARDCORE rushing, couple with speed perks, exo speed and gung ho and facefuck the other team basically. You will get punched a LOT trying to use this thing. It's nowhere near as bad as the MW2 AA-12 but nowhere near as bad as the MW3 AA-12. Still kinda hot garbage but not like, LEGENDARY hot garbage like the MW3 shotguns and i had gold on all of those loving things.

Bulldog - Personal favourite, medium range compared to the TAC, semi-auto, high damage. Bit less risky than the S-12, kinda like a low-ammo capacity version of the Striker from MW2? Still a non-zero chance of just getting loving decked trying to use it, but gung-ho and a high-speed build go a long way.

Due to the current nature of the game and a lack of generous auto-aim, high speed matches make the shotguns a high risk, high reward option. Against conservative teams just having one player going loving apeshit with a shotgun makes playing conservative really dangerous and will probably make things more dangerous as people learn the maps a bit better. Honestly the map design favours shotguns with a lot of verticality and a LOT of little tunnels to flank with blind corners and poo poo. Against teams that move around a lot it becomes a lot more of a challenge but still fun. There's really no option for a room-clearing shotgun due to everything having a low magazine size, short of a huge fuckup on the enemy teams part but it's easy to manage doubles and triples with the Bulldog and the Tac.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

whoops i meant to say the MW2 AA-12 was good

it was like the best gun in the game full of best guns

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Man TDM in this game is a drag sometimes. Half the games I'm just whipping around getting into gunfights and the other half it's a long boring slog because kids just sit in loving corners and lay on rooftops and like, I get it, that's COD, but I was REALLY hoping the mobility poo poo would distract from corner-camping, K/D-scrimping nimrods. You can't even SEE other peoples stats in this game dude.

The patch last night really turned things around honestly. Bulldog's a HELL of a lot more viable now, but they changed the reqs on it for gold camo and I was one kill away from 50 :negative:

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 11, 2014

Rei_
May 16, 2004

snodig posted:

I'm really good at this game. Probably the best one in this topic at least.

same, smae

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Yeah idk I don't know how much longer I'm going to be into this. Five TDMs in a row in five different lobbies of just like, stationary-rear end, campy, creeping trash games. You get punished for using any of the exo abilities to actually move because the maps are just so full of all this wasted loving space kids just use to hide in. It's not enraging or even frustrating it's just like, kinda depressing to see this is how people choose to play these games.

Like one in every ten games I get to have a fast-paced fuckin' arena shooter style match where people are flying all over the place and everything's moving and things are just fast and frantic but like, literally every other match I play is people laying prone in corners and hiding behind fuckin' rocks like they're terrified to actually play the game.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Because i'm sure as hell not logging into an objective game by myself

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Testing out the other assault rifles. The ARX is actually pretty nice, handles a lot like a COD4 M16

Rei_
May 16, 2004

If you're not dashing back and forth like a fuckin' Gundam or whatever I don't know what to tell you

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Also boost slamming when getting off a ledge is a good way to avoid getting killed as you float gently to the ground like an idiot. Never not be boost slamming.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I earned one of those goliath killstreaks, called it in, got into it, and then spent 5 minutes wandering around the map until i died because the minigun bullets wouldnt register on a dude.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I feel like my emblems come out a bit messier than they did in the Blops2 emblem editor

http://i.cubeupload.com/82whJX.jpg

Rei_
May 16, 2004

All COD games start as assault rifle games because they're the easiest weapons to use on unfamiliar maps and all COD games start with awful connection issues because only hardcore players buy the game and continue to play it at launch, connections improve around Christmas because there's a wider sample size for peer-to-peer matchmaking.

Like 2/3 shotguns and gently caress, the KNIFE are all completely viable ways to play and I can do really well with all three. SMGs need a buff, the ARs dont really need a nerf. gently caress LMGs they've always been a nerd weapon anyway

Also how about that fuckin' Spike Drone

Rei_
May 16, 2004

So uh there's a mod that makes care packages explode if the other team tries to take it, anyway that's the story of how I finished the Triple Kill in TDM challenge.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Seriously guys, knife running has never been more fun when you throw up Exo Overclock and just fuckin' shank fools

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I'm just having fun playing alone and running gimmick builds in TDM and getting kids to ragequit by planting spike drones around and calling them back to me through peoples loving heads like the dude from Phantasm.

That Spike Drone may have replaced the tomahawk as my favourite throwable, but like idk, starting with Ghosts I was just like gently caress it, I'm going to spend as much time seeing how hard I have to hinder myself to actually consistently do poorly. Hell I spent a few games today just hipfiring the pistols to unlock the tac knife and i was still going 2:1. These TDM kids are loving BAD and it's so much fun.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 20, 2014

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Ah yes, the award for the most BAL kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Fibby Boy posted:

playing alone

Did you lose a loving bet or something

• Locked thread