Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

venutolo posted:

Has there been any word on resolution and framerate on either console?

Anything on resolution? I've read that 60fps isn't going anywhere, which to me is more important than resolution, though 1080p across the board would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mister Macys posted:

Upscaling 640p to 1080p was good enough on the 360; upscaling ~900p to 1080p is damned well good enough for the Bone, as long as it hits 60 frames per second, dang it! :bahgawd:

Seriously, it's CoD. I love it so much I could give less than a poo poo about the graphics; but woe betide any console that can't run it at 60fps native/upscaled to 1080p for my monitor/TV.

640p up to 1080p on 360? Wow. Never knew that.

The fact that quickscoping remains has ruined my life.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer - SNIP…: http://youtu.be/cIWgeNScXn0

:smithicide:

I'm agitated just watching that. Quickscoping is for child molesters. You know who you are.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

This is pretty much the COD game I wanted MW2 to be. Looks loving great, I skipped Ghost so I don't have any negative vibes over COD like some other people do.

What do you mean? Did you want exo suits in MW2?

Also, this game sounds really good in comparison to past CoDs.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 16, 2014

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

This engine apparently has "a few lines of code" left over from the "old" engine - does anyone who has a clue about such things believe this? As in did they maybe just added a few bits on to the old engine?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Understood (to an extent). I hope they have some nice weather and particle effects in the game.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

When I moved house last year it took 2 months to get an internet connection. Dark times. Anyway, BlOps 2 bots gave me hours of multiplayer entertainment. I got 400+ kills in 30 minute maps (on Recruit difficulty) and got to practice using the scorestreaks I'd otherwise never get.

It also confirmed that, when I bumped the difficulty up to Veteran, there was definite lag and bullshit going on. I was practically getting quickscoped from across the map. There was a setting to have the bots use the names of people on your friends list, so it actually felt like I was getting angry at real people and not AI.

limited posted:

I'd like to see some actual beam effects on stuff like laser sights, or the new energy weapons if there's smoke or lovely weather. BF4 kind of does it, you can see laser dots bobbing along if someone is toting one.

That's the sort of thing I'm talking about.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Just out of interest, how come most people are getting this for the Xbox One and not the PS4? Is it just that more goons prefer XBL to PSN?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

They don't do this kind of thing in the UK so far as I know. Heaven forbid they partner up with protein shakes and bananas.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Undead Muppet posted:

This quote made me realize that I'm still surprised no company has ever repackaged and marketed a pre-workout powder (which tend to be packed with caffeine and other mental stimulants) as a hardcore gaming product.

We should make it happen. Call it Double XP or something.

What's likely to happen with the movement mechanics in future CoDs from the other studios? There's no way they could go back to plain old running around like a loser and not have double jumps etc.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mister Macys posted:

They could continue the future timeline for at least two to three games, while having alternate historical/modern day products in between.
Three (main) studios for one franchise can get a lot done.

Strategic partnership with (FN) P90X workout promotion.

It's doubtful that Treyarch and Infinity Ward would release titles under the Advanced Warfare lineage. It'll be interesting to see what those two do with the exosuit stuff.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I'm glad they're sticking with the Blogs 2 weapons attachments generally. Makes everything seem like a balancing act.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I'm not sure if any of us actually liked Ghosts outside of Extinction. I mean it wasn't too bad for the couple of months but it got stale very quickly and especially after they nerfed the Spoon Man Special™.

I generally love the IW releases and am a lot more unfair to Treyarch (hated WaW with a passion, tolerated BlOps, loved BlOps 2 though), but Ghosts has been atrocious for me from day one. Apart from the obvious problems with it (and the fact it doesn't like my net connection - lag city), the in-game sounds are boring as hell. Earning a Buzzkill or levelling up in MW2 (and MW3 so far as I remember), you got this class buzz noise and electric guitar track etc.

It feels like, if I earn anything like that in Ghosts, I hardly know because there's no Pavlovian audible cue to let me know when I've been a good dog. If there is, it's not working.

I wish the TTK would resemble Titanfall to be honest. There are so fewer "BULLSHIT!" moments in that game - when I die, I feel like I deserved it. Apples and oranges to an extent, I know, but... you know?

Also, I hear little rage from people in Titanfall games. The angriest person I heard was in a match the other day - "Bah, I'd be awful in a real war." Call of Duty takes my blood pressure to the moon.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 25, 2014

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Gordon Shumway posted:

I forget already, are they doing Dom like BLOPS 2, with two rounds and spawn flipping at half time? Or will it be more like MW3/Ghosts?

It's round based, so the spawns flip at half time.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Wazzit posted:

I thought Round based Dom was in a special baby's playlist only?

News to me. Suits me fine though. I hope AW likes my connection better than Ghosts. Any time I want to play it these days I have to kill bots in a private match, like a philistine.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/advanced-warfares-multiplayer-makes-cod-fun-again/2300-6421667/

They really need to gimp quickscoping :cripes:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I don't have archives - was there much in the way of positive goon groupthink for Ghosts before it was released? It was the first CoD since WaW I didn't pay any attention to in the months leading up to it, and I ended up hating it (I have liked all CoDs since CoD 2, except WaW). I'm optimistic about AW and most gooons seem cautiously optimistic too.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Digital copy is £54.99. It's £40 on Amazon. Does Microsoft think it's worth £15 to get it a few hours early?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

The Merry Marauder posted:

Changing the color of the killing hitmarker was one of the Ghostly innovations I'd hoped they'd bring over.

What did they change the colour to? I thought it was just white?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Rank 7 already, catch up people :D

How did you get it so early? Digital?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

You can customise some of the reticles on the sights, didn't know that until just now.

Ironsolid posted:

Might go get it after work. I do have to pick up my feeders for my tank, so it sounds like a fun night.

Definitely pick it up. I hated Ghosts too but this game is plenty of fun.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

drat. And after I finished the campaign. Ah well.

What's the verdict on the single player?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

GET MY BELT SON posted:

there is a bone clan but you have to suck 37 dicks to gain entry

37? In a row?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Just had a TDM episode there where I got the Turret scorestreak, but I couldn't deploy it. When I hit D-Pad right, my weapon swapped out but there was no ghost image of the turret and I couldn't place this invisible piece of poo poo anywhere. Anyone else encountered this? It persisted across several deaths.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/10/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-update-coming-soon

Patch incoming at some stage.

" Fix for weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances." All my reloads count as quick reloads. What do dual mags do then if there's going to be a quick reload mechanic? You reload faster and keep the ammo?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Two questions.

1. Does anyone equip exo suit abilities? I hardly see them used and I just carry extra frags myself.

2. What's the general consensus on the multiplayer? I loathed Ghosts, not just because it was bland as hell, but because its netcode didn't like my connection so it always felt like I was a second behind the action. I'm personally loving AW

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

ZentraediElite posted:

Probably the last one for a while...

9A7RZ 9Z99L

What are these and how do I use them?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Is this Havoc DLC supposed to take a million minutes to download and install on the bone?

Edit: Took ages ultimately. Urban is like a terrible map.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jan 27, 2015

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Jesus Mother of gently caress. There's been a million gigabytes of patches to this game and yet they haven't made the Stinger worth poo poo. Takes 5 minutes to swap to, another 5 to become aim-down-sight-able, and then takes you to die once to reload and be able to shoot down offensive air support. They need to ungimp this right effing now, and introduce the SAM turret from BlOps. Christ.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

pretty soft girl posted:

If you want to make the stinger usable combine it with fast hands and make sure to reload cancel it, iirc it's reloaded pretty much right after you remove the magazine

it's still not great but it's not going to work for anything other than UAVs if you just throw it on as a secondary on an assault rifle class because you had a leftover point

I do the reload trick, but still. I miss the MW2 AA stuff :911:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Javes posted:

I really like Urban but yeah the spawns on that map can be pretty bad. Was just playing it and I meleed someone and he spawned 10 feet in front of me and I killed him again. Here's the video.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=007CC7A92AE72B65&id=7CC7A92AE72B65%21212&v=3

You need to edit that link to be shareable. It just takes me to my own OneDrive and says it can't find the file.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Superb taste in primary. :thumbsup:

What weapon is it?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I'm so sick of this game penalising me because I've got a good connection. Some games I'll go 40-3, other times all I get is assist points because apparently point-blanking someone with a the MORS Silver Bullet variant or emptying a magazine into people right beside them isn't enough to avoid their insta-death bullets, also they're able to dance left and right around my bullets like I'm spraying a dotted line around them.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I'd love the game if the connection lag/compensation debacle wasn't so bad. I shouldn't go 40-3 in one game and almost the opposite in the next. Even if I got a decent game in Ghosts, I hated it for being so bland.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

CheeseFactory posted:

Blops 3 looks really good. Hope Treyarc do what they always do and make CoD good and fun.

AW was the most painful awful poo poo ever and Ghosts was boring.

What didn't you like about AW?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Can someone tell me why there are so many map exploits in these games?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

There was a 2GB update a few days ago and it hasn't fixed any of the new maps' exploits or bugs. On Kremlin, there's an invisible wall on the middle bridge that you can't walk through. You just run into a wall and get gunned down. Just happens to be where the satellite spawns in Uplink. There are exploits on at least 2 of the other maps too. Great job, Sledgehammer.

Edit: How do you get the ARX-160 Hole Puncher?

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 14, 2015

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Using the power of the cloud, it took me 3 hours to download the AW title update and new map pack today.

Anyone played the new maps yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Ghosts Digital Pro bundle edition is on sale for $48.99 from $100 should I pick it up?

It's the first Call of Duty game since 2006 I've hated. It is bland, boring, unimaginative poo poo. It's not worth free.

• Locked thread