Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Lazyfire posted:

A Call of Duty game set in the future. Color me surprised.
It means the SMG's everyone will be sprinting in circles using will have :pcgaming:FUTURE LIGHTS:pcgaming: on them this time around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Fibby Boy posted:

You'd be surprised at just how many people are adamantly against putting anything other than REAL WORLD GUNS in multiplayer. If it's not a REAL WORLD GUN then it has to be based off one and god help you if it fires lasers.
Because only NERDS play games with lasers. :colbert: CoD is a MODERN DAY SHOOTER.

Straker posted:

I actually managed to not buy any CoD games after MW2.
Blackops had a batshit insane campaign, and MW3 had a okay campaign if you like 'em, easily high points before things started going downhill. Plus the inept tank driving in MW3 is funny as hell.

:supaburn:WHOASTOPBACKUPBACKUPCRASH

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Javes posted:

Video interview with Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield. Mostly singleplayer related stuff.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/07/what-makes-advanced-warfare-different-video-interview-with-gameinformer/
That dreaded word 'verticality' rearing it's ugly head again within two minutes. :siren:

But they're bragging about storytelling, and you're a silent protaganist unless you're in a cutscene. Which after how Blops2 did in-game speech, and how bland Ghosts was in comparison ( That one level where you're seperated and refuse to use the radio was just stupid when playing it. ) is just hilarious to hear.

The entire second half of that video was just pure rambling and trying to throw in as many buzzwords as they could. :allears: I can't wait to hear more about being able to look and move around in a video game.

Is it bad to still want to buy the game just to see/hear Kevin Spacey be a evil CEO though? :ohdear:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Yet there's now a sniper pistol to go with the sniper rifles. :suicide:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Understood (to an extent). I hope they have some nice weather and particle effects in the game.
I'd like to see some actual beam effects on stuff like laser sights, or the new energy weapons if there's smoke or lovely weather. BF4 kind of does it, you can see laser dots bobbing along if someone is toting one. I was quite impressed with how much poo poo BO2 would keep track of too. If someone was camping out a spot you could tell, there would be magazines and shell casings all over the floor. Mostly pointless, but still a nice touch.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Already have a PS4 so that's where my pubby slaying days will be :getin:

Can't wait to double jump into the air and super punch some schlub into the ground.
If anything my brief stint with Titanfall taught me is a hefty chunk of the playerbase can't wrap their heads around the movement concept, even with a obnoxious unskippable tutorial. They'll keep scampering around in the dirt and turning themselves into free kills while you're bouncing off the walls and clinging to the ceiling.

Spoon Man posted:

This game better have a good survival mode :ohdear:
I imagine if they do make one, it'll probably be back to the normal CoD ground based shooting. Bouncing around in the suit like a rabbit on crack cocaine would make melee enemies like 90% of Extinction pretty much pointless. :suspense:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Mister Macys posted:

'S truth.
MW2 was the last single player campaign I bothered completing.

Multiplayer is everything.
Seriously, play MW3's Campaign. It's utterly nonsensical, but it's basically playing a Michael Bay movie. Everything explodes.

Ugh, so on the fence about this drat game. I really hope they learnt their lesson from Ghosts. I love the Futuretech theme it's got going, and would be happy to throw money at 'em if they get it right.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Cab posted:

It basically is MW3 with hopefully better netcode.. aka dedicated servers/hybrid crap
The customization thing is what pricks my ears up to be honest.

That's what drew me into Ghosts, before it turned out to be gated behind their horrendously poo poo challenge system. If not gooning it up, challenges are what kept me picking up BlOps 2 again and again even after getting fed up with everyone SMG rushing around.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

EightDeer posted:

The general reaction to Titanfall is neither love or or hatred AFAIK, it's just "Titanfall is a thing that exists :geno:"
But it's got co-op now!

Almost a entire year after release. :lol: Personally I'm waiting for a HD re-release of the previous CoD's when Activision see how much cash the Halo collection is going to make. :colbert:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

kenny powerzzz posted:

I'd buy Cod4, World at war, Mw2, black ops and black ops 2 at full retail today for the bone if they were out.
Treyarch would be able to troll the poo poo out of Sledgehammer / IW if they announced a HD re-release of WaW + Blackops. Do it Treyarch, take my goddamn money! :homebrew:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

anuj posted:

I don't know what you were thinking champ, but that's definitely on the list of 'interesting decisions'.
I thought the traditional CoD question was, 'What were you drinking?' :haw:

Aphrodite posted:

Do the laser shotguns still fall off early?
Depends if you're using duracell, or store brand.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Wazzit posted:

All the killstreaks along with module descriptions.

http://imgur.com/a/SQ9dV
As someone who's equal parts terrible at the game, and using string between two cans as a connection, the support penalties are pretty nasty. :( They do seem to have baked in a lot of 'old' streaks into each the new which is pretty cool though. Like being able to turn your care package into a trap if the enemy team try to steal it.

And as far as stealth perks go, they're always going to be broken as hell. Shooting someone in the back before they have a clue you're there is always going to trump anything else.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Probad posted:

On the PS4, you can flail your controller around to reload.
I was already disgusted that Ghosts on the PS4 didn't let you use the touchpad to control your killstreaks like your dude ingame does with his tactical ipad or whatever the hell it is. :colbert:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I had the most fun in MW2 when everything was broken, care package knifing, akimbo 1887s, care package duping. Good game ITPO
The SPAS pre-nerf was also fantastic as well, one of the few times they got a shotgun right. :allears:

Don Lapre posted:

Sorry for all the bone players and your p deficiency

Also you may have to redownload the game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924025
It's stuff like this ( And connections like mine ) that ensure physical releases aren't likely to die out soon.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Don Lapre posted:

Zombies is part of the season pass, are you loving kidding me.
To be honest, considering how late it's turned up in the features announcement, and general lack of info, it'll probably be poo poo anyway. With the original mode / Extinction they were crowing about that from day one, or close to it.

It stinks of a last minute addition when they realized a proper co-op mode has helped shift units, even with the rest of Ghosts being loving terrible.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Ironsolid posted:

So from a Ghost was a complete piece of poo poo perspective. Should I go blow $$ on this game on the way home from work tonight?
Obviously milage my vary, but there's a nice variety in maps, and TTK is tolerable even on a terrible connection like mine. However, people have found out how to spawn-trap already on a few maps. On the ruins map, one game degenerated in the opposing team just crouched atop stairs and plugging anyone who popped their head out.

One thing that I do wonder about, why is the variable grenade unlocked so early? It seems kind of pointless to have devoted smoke / track / EMP / frag grenades when you can take something that does all of them well before they unlock. :psyduck:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Mister Macys posted:

The single player also combines every scare story Fox News wishes it's watchers would believe.
It's glorious. :allears: I won't be surprised if at the very end of the game someone dies of ebola in subtitles or something in a desperate last-ditch attempt to fill the bingo card before they had to ship.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Well, I finished the SP. And wow. They turned Kevin Spacey into ACTUAL HITLER, with concentration camps to boot and yet the media aren't making GBS threads their pants over it. Batshit insanity aside, that ending was rushed as hell, but then again, I haven't listened to all the intel yet, so it might detail why Irons flipped his poo poo in such a big way. I'm not spoilering that, because if you didn't see that coming a mile away, you should probably never read a pop-up book because your heart won't be able to take the shock.

I know CoD is hardly theatre, but it really did get dark pretty loving quick. :psyduck:

Just wish it had the custom loadouts like in BO2 so you could mess around a bit more.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Goddamnit I spend all morning getting hitmarkers, then I get into a game where I'm doing nothing but dubstep montage material...

And their lovely servers crash and I've lost everything I unlocked. :bang:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Spudsly posted:

How do I make this game fun? Also do the latency meters always just fluctuate between full bars and one bar for every player every game or is it possible to have a solid connected lobby? I mean yeah I get it CoD games are always terrible or whatever but in every lobby I'm in everyone in the lobby is constantly fluctuating.
The latency meters are pure fiction at this point, so I wouldn't pay too much attention.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Mymla posted:

The "twist" was obviously going to happen, but I still couldn't help being disappointed when it did.
One thing that they really dropped the ball on? Why the hell isn't Kevin Spacey yelling in my ear during multiplayer as Atlas? :colbert:

By the way, don't open your loot packages while you have the bloodthirsty helmet. There's a chance it'll bug out, give you only one new piece of loot and re-reward you a new bloodthirsty helmet instead of two more loot drops. :argh:

Also the stinger launcher is so goddamn miserable. It is disgustingly slow to use in pretty much every way from switching, to locking on, to reloading. Even for taking down UAV's it's a pain in the tits.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Carecat posted:

You're telling me you'er always supposed to get three drops from a crate?
I've always got three. It's not always equipment but it's usually at least one cosmetic item, one 'game' item be it a weapon or something like 2x XP and either another cosmetic or useful drop. Guess I'm just lucky? :confused:

But having the bloodthirsty helmet crop up when opening a crate is definitely a bug. You get that for a 5 killstreak for only 30 minutes. For whatever reason.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Dalai Trauma posted:

I've seen a few people running around with this, but only on KC. Is it actually any good? The only game I used LMG's on for more than about 24 seconds is Ghosts.
It's got a fun mechanic that gives it basically zero recoil after the first dozen or so shots, and it doesn't matter if you fire them from the hip or transition to ADS. It's great to strafe people with from the hip while boost-dodging, then ADS in when the recoil stabilises.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I still lol at this. And I hear they might make it F2P.
You shut your whore mouth. I look forward to paying £20 for content that even more brazenly the usual, should've shipped with the game that has been cut to use as DLC. While still being gated behind horrendous bullshit. :colbert:

Who am I kidding, I traded it in weeks ago. Annyywwaayyy. I've been lumbering back through the campaign to scoop up the intel, and in retrospect some fun stuff has stuck out on the second round through.

- The drop-pod in the first mission has a screen in the ceiling, and adjusts itself with rockets after being dropped to see the firefight down below. This means they drop troops into battle upside down. :psyduck:

- Your mystery savior during the hospital mission says who they are is classified. After opening his full-face helmet and showing you who he is.

- BADASS EX SPETSNAZ BUDDY wearing a exosuit that flips cars, and ragdolls people ten feet through the air with a punch, starts losing in a fight to a normal dude with just a knife.

- Hades tells you about Iron's EVVILLLL plan despite you having just slashed his throat open.

- You only use that hideous screen-hogging grenade launcher in MP. During SP you throw grenades.

- You and your buddies take a full-body swim in a Arctic glacier. Minus sealed helmets. :stare:

- Atlas has the worst payroll management ever. Due to forgetting that you've turned traitor with your buddies, and taking your name off, you not only survive a hideous bioweapon unscathed, you're assumedly racking up overtime fighting for the enemy. Do you get a performance bonus for killing Irons?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I believe that video feed was just showing the view from the bottom of the pod on the ceiling because it would be very hard to look at the floor in those drop harnesses
Good point, looking at it again though, it's all one shot. Panning from the ship being blown up above them, then to where they're dropping. So it looks like whatever the camera is attached to is flipped 180 degrees.

Even if the surface they're standing on is the one with the camera, that means the troops themselves somehow entered the pod upside down, because they saw the ship getting blown up in the sky before things corrected and sent them to drop feet-first to the ground. :psyduck:

I guess just the camera itself could also be moving on the pod's outside. Or it could just be a dramatic shot that I'm overthinking far too hard while bored. However I still like my idea of pissed-off upside-down soldiers falling out of drop-pods on the ground though. :colbert:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I played this at my dads for an hour and its the worst call of duty. CONFIRMED

apart from ghosts
I'm still wondering if they're planning to continue the Ghost's storyline, or if they've already quietly swept it under the rug and hoped people forgot they planned to turn it into it's own storyline like BlOps.

It would probably still sell like crazy, which is the depressing thing.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Best part is when you're trying to get this, is to add the trap function to it. Sure, you missed dropping it on them, but afterward.. :haw:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

PerrineClostermann posted:

Why don't they let you unlock weapon attachments when you prestige? My entire setup is based on those, bastards :argh:
Ditto. The one game where it makes sense to use a money-based unlock system as a money-grabbing PMC mercenary, and unlock stuff easily, and they don't use it. :psyduck:

Anyway, is it just me or are all the launchers utter garbage this time around? The stinger deploys, locks on and reloads like a relatively lazy glacier, while the laser guided rocket is too slow to hit anything in the sky, and has a party popper for a warhead.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Fibby Boy posted:

Pls nerf the spear. Buff rocks.
gently caress that, musket quickscoping is totally out of control right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

JetpackJeezus posted:

- Co-op Campaign (Up to 4 Players)
Well, that's me sold then. :homebrew: Wonder which foreign country we'll be annihilating this year?

dragon enthusiast posted:

wait, so you have to level up your perks now too? Lol
As long as it's not linked to atrocious challenges like BLOPS was. I forget which perk it was, but it had a complete rear end requirement like be first to capture a flag in a round or something equally annoying. And as long as it's not as loving horrid a grind as everything in Battlefield Hardline is.

• Locked thread