Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

rizzen posted:

A game where you collect all the anime hats you can hold.

http://www.teamfortress.com/ ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

rizzen posted:

It's the spiritual successor to RO really, which was the original hat collector.

I know, that's why I'm playing.

I just link TF2 anytime anyone says HAT COLLECTOR like it's an insult. it's a joke

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Ahaha okay this loving patch is the ultimate troll.

Price changes everywhere.

Vendor sale price of a Demon staff before: 22k. Vendor price now? 4k.

Repair cost of staff before? like 200. Repair cost now? 4k.

Has anyone else had issues with timeouts in Mausoleam Construction site Storage room? Any time I entered the area I would time out in 5-10 minutes. Haven't tried it on the patch that just went in

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Nov 3, 2015

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Absurd Revolver posted:

I feel like I missed something important, what is this Slack and how do I use it?

Read the first post

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

I think I might have hosed up.

I thought they changed it so you could go back and take a lower level rank at the cost of a higher level rank?

I had planned on going cryo2 - linker - cryo 3, but I guess that doesn't work?

Taking a break and hoping someone responds before I just say gently caress it and take cryo3

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 4, 2015

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Absurd Revolver posted:

Actually that should be totally possible, they changed the way you can pick classes at advancement to allow classes from previous ranks.

It wasn't letting me select linker for whatever reason? It was greyed out. New bug in the latest patch, lag issues. Who knows. I'll log and try again in a bit.

Edit:

Okay it was dim grey but I could still click on it. Chalk one up to me being an idiot.

That being said, this game is forcing some hard decisions. Do I want giant snowball or linking

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 4, 2015

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Infinite Monkeys posted:

So are people playing the early access now? When's the full game being released?

"2016"

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Velveteen posted:

After my first run on the level 50 dungeon and seeing how underwhelming pyromancers are in a group with fireballs that can't hit anything. The next dungeon I ran at level 90 I managed to change classes to Linker and oh my god the difference is huge. I can link everything and pull them all onto one spot for the swordsmen to smack them all with their cleaving attacks. Its really satisfying to grab a group and hear/see the giant exploding numbers fly off the screen. I really do recommend the Linker class. Its not just for grouping, I find being able to link 5 monsters together then dropping a fireball really speeds up my kill speed. I recorded the run I did earlier if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzRwmGpjdgU

I managed to get an offhand dagger off the box from the boss that run too. It gives 130ish fire damage for it but I'm not sure what fire damage is. Is it like attack damage from a weapon? Does it affect my spells? Does it only affect fire spells? Should I use a rod instead of a staff and use that as an offhand and it would give me like twice as much damage? Or is it a weapon you use to swing when attacking and completely useless for spells?

See me panicking about not being able to take linker for basically this reason. Improves the hell out of both my solo and team play. joint > hangman > ice pike is downright nasty.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Am I crazy if I think the rate isn't that bad? Maybe a tiny bit more xp and money from mobs would be nice but the quest XP feels pretty spot on to my sensibilities. And slowing it down at around 160-200 seems reasonable because by then you have 5-6 ranks under your belt and actually have options.

Also is tosbase wrong on what drops the Sestas Staff? I've been dealing with the lovely disconnects of the broken rear end Mausoleum Construction Site storage for like 5 days and grinding until the random timeouts drive me crazy, and I can't get the loving thing to drop. I've got like 15 Hastas in total, but no staff.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Red Red Blue posted:

For me it's more that the game did such a great job avoiding this before this part. There were a couple rough patches, even then I maybe had to grind out a level or two and then maybe I could go do a dungeon or the exp curve hit a reset. But as it stands now, the 160 dungeon is worthless, the next one is 175, and the next reset is like, 180 something. I have a couple zones I could maybe go do, but that might hit me up to 165 or 166, still ten levels away from doing something that isn't grinding

I'm not really trying to doomsay the game or anything, it's pretty obvious that higher level poo poo is way unfinished, but I just wanted to hit doppel so I could spin :(

I didn't realize it got quite that bad. I'm only about to hit 100. When I say slow it down a bit, I meant a bit, not "enjoy being a snail".

Hopefully they find a balance by launch.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Playing rocket league while leveling my linker attributes because ~EVERY SINGLE ONE~ takes forever.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Baldbeard posted:

It's a small AOE. Can usually get about 2-3 targets.
It's definitely something to be used in grind parties to increase efficiency, not really a solo kind of ability unless you come across a white or gold mob, or are farming a specific drop.

What I really want to test next is the shrink + swell left hand combo. Together should add over 200 damage which will be insane on multi hit stuff like fireball and flame ground.

If only linked enemies actually shared debuffs.

Has anyone played around with monster gems yet? I kinda want to know how they scale when leveling them, because I'm half building around the ability to only take 1 rank of linker but still be able to get to skill 6+ in joint penalty through shenanigans.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Dackel posted:

You can't level them anymore, always +1 afaik

Shame. Even +1 level would be worth it for joint though. It adds an extra link every second level, so that's one more enemy.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Green Dam posted:

I just want to make drugs and roast gems.

Nah, gotta go full diagaea and fight inside your weapons to make them better

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

That's nothing new. Icewall shards were the main source of my damage along with pike.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

rizzen posted:

I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did my many RO servers. It felt way too linear, and the poor balancing in tos really killed the fun of some classes for me.

RO was ever balanced?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

pertinent posted:

They're only making an east coast server. So it'll be full of brazilians and russians and french people. And canadians.

People from the east aren't canadian

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

I haven't been following too closely since the beta ended.

What are they gating behind these coins and poo poo?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Elentor posted:

I can confirm that everyone is going to play ToS. It's the first game I see unite everyone in this country since... well, Ragnarok Online.

Do Brazilians like cute things?

What is it about RO, gunbound, and now tos that attracts huge numbers from your country?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

I hope I can play with asperger man

The first twenty pages of your post history are loving black desert.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

It's not shaming if you fully embrace it, but maybe you should reconsider calling other people spergs as your first choice.

Eonwe posted:

everyone, we are posting in a kmmo thread, we are all absolutely terrible

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

he went off and did a history lesson when a joke was made

nah i think it is appropriate guy defending aspergers for no reason

Not defending puffy sleeves guy, just pointing out that you, third world reggin, are the demons

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

orphean posted:

The discord is active as hell and if you want to lurk and listen to people with encyclopedic knowledge of unreleased games say things you barely understand you should join it too!

But someone might call me a sperg~

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

teknologik posted:

Guys i am so excited I seriously might throw up a little.

Everyone has that 'lost love' MMO and Ragnarok was that for me! loving HYPE

Trying to figure out how I am going to plan my build without any prior knowledge of the game and what is strong/viable. In Ragnarok pre-planning would make or break your character at higher levels.

Hey Third World Reggin' , here's a target.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

LegalPad posted:

I know it's already been mentioned, but this game looks like it's a lot closer to RO than it really is.

ToS is very much a themepark MMO. Its probably more similiar to WoW than RO. The aesthetic and combat are good enough to make the game fun, but don't expect a modern RO.

But it very much IS what RO would be if it was made today?

RO was only RO because all those other things hadn't been established yet, and like an f2p is going to gamble with anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Countblanc posted:

What does Sadhu even do? Like, I understand what its skills do, but they seem like, to not synergize with anyything. What stats do they even want?

also thank you both for the suggestions

Sadhu stand in one place and kill the gently caress out of things. I didn't play one, but every time I saw someone streaming with one, it was just sitting in one spot and using its weird ghost thing to just facetank and destroy,

• Locked thread