Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
Classic "liberal college professor" STDHs:

God was busy posted:

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist, and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, GOD if you are real then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 min.' The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, 'Here I am GOD, I'm still waiting.'

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-****** him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold.

The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently.

The other students were shocked and stunned, and sat there looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, 'What in the world is the matter with you? 'Why did you do that?'

The Marine calmly replied, 'GOD was too busy today protecting America 's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an idiot. So He sent me.'

The classroom erupted in cheers!

And that student... posted:

A University professor at a well known institution of higher learning challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?"

A student bravely replied, "Yes he did!"

"God created everything?" The professor asked.

"Yes sir, he certainly did," the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything; then God created evil. And, since evil exists, and according to the principle that our works define who we are, then we can assume God is evil."

The student became quiet and did not answer the professor's hypothetical definition. The professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "May I ask you a question, professor?"

"Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?"

The other students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460 F) is the total absence of heat; and all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact, we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color.

You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course, as I have already said. We see it everyday. It is in the daily examples of man's Inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat, or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young man's name - Albert Einstein

And two of the most popular responses:

quote:

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!"

At this moment, a brave, patriotic Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock, pinhead?"

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied "4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian"

"Wrong. It's been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real... then it should be an animal now"

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the "poor" (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named "Small Government" flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi.
p.s. close the borders

quote:

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.” The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.

Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am God. I’m still waiting.” It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and lifted up his arm to strike him.

At that moment the professor was transformed into a 7-foot grizzly, wreathed in a halo of holy fire. The bear spoke: “Blasphemer thou art, thou thinkst to take the place of God? Those who deny me face eternal fire, but you who knows my work and yet commits the sin of Satan I curse a hundred times over!” The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently picking at his boils. Then Richard Dawkins burst into the room, wielding a copy of The Selfish Gene and crying, “Leave that boy alone, you pathetic atavism!” As the holy bear whirled around, terrible light flashing in its eyes, Dawkins shed his mortal form, raised each of his seven horned heads, and hissed. “It’ssss me you want!” And then the Lord and the Antichrist joined in the final battle.

The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

Ah the first "Learn the difference between a joke and a lie being passed off as real" of this thread.

Can we add something about this to the OP? Something like "Was the person who wrote this trying to convince people that this is a thing that really, actually happened for real, or is it just a lovely joke? If it's obviously a joke, don't post it here." That along with greentext stories being fake seemed to pop up every other page on the old thread.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

This image (the one about bitcoins) got taken down, does anyone have it saved?

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

While the forums were down I resorted to getting my daily dose of internet culture from Imgur (:suicide:), but for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about this thread...

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

"blow through the gigabytes"

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

peter banana posted:

these poor dudes. It probably seemed like a cool job for an out-of-work actor in Florida/California and now he has to be a therapist in tights.

If it makes you feel better, this poo poo didn't happen as much as the rest of the poo poo in this thread. Actual Disney employees have said they'd basically be fired on the spot for doing something like that.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

troper tales was a section of the site for people to tell stories of how tropes appeared in their own lives. the result was a lot of people talking about the time they beat people up with their Badass Longcoats so the section was deep-sixed and is no longer accessible.

Luckily this is the internet and nothing ever really goes away

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Murphy Brownback posted:

I mean seriously, there were some weird teachers in AP, but "tomorrow we will kill Hitler"? That is not something anyone would say. The only way it would make sense is if they were doing some weird roleplaying thing, but the teacher would have known nobody killed him (except himself) so it still wouldn't make sense. Unless they were roleplaying as Hitler and she was using the third person.

There's an episode of Doctor Who called "Let's Kill Hitler" (where they do, in fact, try to kill Hitler). If the teacher (or STDH writer) was trying to earn nerd cred, it could have been a reference to that?

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm guessing it was with one of these:

They really sting :argh:

I'm guessing it was with a pencil.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Non Serviam posted:

Wtf happened?

Did it happen at a Catholic school? Because this was pretty much a normal day for me at a Catholic elementary school.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

I know "it's a joke," but framing it as a text message is unreasonably grating.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

ChogsEnhour posted:

Anyone had that story pop up on their facebook about the kid borrowing $50 dollars from his dad?

Just showed up on my timeline.

quote:

SON: "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
DAD: "Yeah sure, what is it?"
SON: "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?"
SON: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "If you must know, I make $100 an hour."
SON: "Oh! (With his head down).
SON: "Daddy, may I please borrow $50?"
The father was furious.
DAD: "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for such this childish behavior."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.
The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?
After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think:
Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $ 50 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

DAD: "Are you asleep, son?"

SON: "No daddy, I'm awake".
DAD: "I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier. It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $50 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, smiling.
SON: "Oh, thank you daddy!"
Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.

DAD: "Why do you want more money if you already have some?"

SON: "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do.

"Daddy, I have $100 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."
The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness. It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. Do remember to share that $100 worth of your time with someone you love? If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family and friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than to our family.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Catnipped posted:

The comments:

Is this Furaffinity?

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

goose fleet posted:

How do you recognize it

My sister is a furry :(

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Je suis fatigue posted:

No the meme creator said that to the girl.

I actually believe this one some people really don't know how to converse with people when they don't really know them. I know a dude who tried to hit on some chick who came in to his workplace and he said something "you can take me home, lock me in your basement I wouldn't mind haha". Like, no idea the poo poo you shouldn't say to people you barely know.

The description on Imgur ends with the poster and the woman getting married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Fathis Munk posted:

Also "I don't even own a television" is a fun podcast about really bad books and they did a left behind episode iirc. What a terrible book.

IDEOTV has done some other great STDH books as well, like Slash and Michelle Remembers. One of my favorite podcasts; the hosts are just so chill.

And on the subject of podcasts, The F Plus has two TV Tropes episodes, one of which is entirely them doing dramatic readings of Troper Tales.

Cygna has a new favorite as of 00:23 on Jan 28, 2016

• Locked thread