Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

ibntumart posted:

A gripping tale of one server's totally sick revenge:

That's... Not revenge. That's "let me become 'that loser crazy waitress' in every joke between the staff henceforth"

She could have at least slashed their tires, or delivered a plate of food with laxatives and e.coli in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Vindolanda posted:

Dumb story

How in the holy gently caress does knowing other languages make you mix up words in English? When I read the first paragraph I assumed they would say something like "oh hi I really need to get my coche from the garage." This сказка is mierda.

E: and :lol: at "fluent in several other languages." I'm guessing Japanese learned through anime.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 15:22 on Jun 4, 2014

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
That makes sense. I guess maybe because I'm usually doing Russian/English I don't have that issue because they're not exactly similar :ussr:

Actually I just remembered in AP Spanish class way back everyone would say "yo estoy embarazada" which was hilarious.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

This woman neckbeard needs to wipe up her his male tears about his totally real story.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Yes because teachers grade their tests in pencil. And of course the "kid" says 'drugs are bad' in a hilarious manne--:rolleyes:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Why didn't he chose something more unique than a brand you can get in most stores? They sell it at my local supermarket :psyduck:

E: I realized I live in an area with a lot of stores so I may be biased. Point still stands though.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 04:44 on Jun 19, 2014

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Really? Bags of Milk? Has the UK been taken over by Americans??

I thought bags of milk was stdh but apparently not.

What the gently caress is this? Doesn't it just end up spilling all over the place? :psyduck:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Jun 21, 2014

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Spalec posted:

You put the bag in a pitcher.

Yeah I saw that when I looked for it originally, but how is that better than having it just come in a carton/bottle?

e: re: greentext story. I did actually have a similar experience when I was younger/idiot. I thought I was being nice by going to a buffet with a coworker. He wore a fedora, giant shirt with some logo on it, wingtips or similar ridiculous shoes, and proceeded to eat ~6 plates of food. I had the same reaction as the girl minus running away to a bar (no bars nearby :( ). I don't think I need to mention that he was like 500lbs.

Luckily we did not get married.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Jun 21, 2014

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

sweeperbravo posted:

I simply do not comprehend how anyone over the age of generously 16 could find this at all amusing

You clearly haven't been around enough mid life crisis middle aged dads.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My favorite TiTP was when a lady came on asking for advice for her sleep apnea because her doctor saiid if she lost weight it would help. TiTP as always said "doctors are wrong, even thin people have sleep apnea, do your own research." Luckily a bunch of people messages her that TiTP was wrong, she got the surgery, lost weight, and her sleep apnea went away. :unsmith: Then the TiTP mod wrote a nasty, really mean 5000 word apnea how she was wrong/ fat shaming or etc. Those people are seriously awful.

This is poo poo that did happen, so here's a stdh.

quote:

I was at a cafe and I ordered a latte. The waitress specifically asks me ‘just a regular latte? You don’t want a skinny latte?’ Yeah, cos I’m fat and I MUST be wanting to lose weight, so I MUST be on a diet and so I MUST want non fat milk. And if I don’t, it’s a mistake she is kindly helping me correct. When I insisted that “yes, I just want a regular latter” she went “hmmm” at me before walking away.
Why is it so difficult to believe that I don’t want to lose weight? That my boobs and my rear end are perfectly sexy to me?
Thin privilege is being in a cafe and being allowed to order in peace without having a perfect stranger correct and judge what you eat.

Oh god I found a horrific poo poo that did happen. How fat do you have to be for CPS threaten to take your kids away, for that reason? Like you would literally have to be immobile and confined to a bed.

:psyduck: posted:

If you aren’t in fear that your children will be taken away because of your weight, you have thin privilege.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

quote:

Q.
Can I bring outside food and beverages into Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park?
A.
At the present time, you can enjoy your own food and beverages in an ideal setting at the complimentary picnic area—conveniently located outside the Main Entrance to Disneyland Park.

However, with the exception of food items for Guests with specific dietary restrictions, outside food or beverage items are not permitted in either of the Disneyland Resort theme parks.

The Disneyland Resort features a variety of great dining options for almost every taste and budget—including a wide range of choices to help accommodate Guests with food allergies or intolerances.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/dining/outside-food-in-park/

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

DiverTwig posted:

Technically, yes, it's not allowed. But I have never had them tell me I couldn't bring in my own food and drinks. I've brought in 2 liter bottles of soda before and they didn't say anything. And they check your bags before you even get into the entrance plaza at Disneyland. I've never seen them say anything to anyone about bringing outside food into the park. So yeah, they could have taken the spinach into the park with no problems.

Maybe I've just been unlucky and gotten lovely guards because I've been denied entry for bringing my own closed bottle of water.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Kinder eggs are awesome.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:55 on Sep 13, 2014

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Tunicate posted:

Also freeing the ghost posts!

This actually happens to me all the time. I travel a lot for my job and I'm not an rear end in a top hat so no one cares if they even notice. But there's ALWAYS some random American/uk/Australian rear end in a top hat who decides to "party it up!" Get wasted and yell on a local loving train and then try to talk to me because HEY MAN YOURE WHITE YOU KNOW HOW IT IS and holy gently caress I don't want to be associated with you.

Then I have to hide in my hoodie and pretend like I don't speak English and curl up and just. gently caress. You.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

bringmyfishback posted:

How dare you imply that only those nationalities are white.

I think you should change your statement to "How dare you imply that only those nationalities are drunk assholes"

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

I like how Tumblr rear end in a top hat, instead of treating Jacob as a human being, still talks down to him and then goes in depth about how "retarded" he acts. Using other words obviously.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:14 on Sep 27, 2014

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

tacodaemon posted:

This has been bouncing around the web for a few days. A 20-year-old tumblr user claims she wrote it in 5th grade (which in the U.S. is usually around 10 years old).

I never met a 5th grader who could write so well as to perfectly execute a loser 20 year old pretending to be a 10 year old. Kid should be in Harvard.

In 5th grade I went to one of the shittiest schools in the city and we still had hardcore vocabulary lessons and wrote long rear end essays.

E: and that cutesy handwriting and marker wouldn't fly. That's an instantaneous F.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:06 on Sep 29, 2014

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

tacodaemon posted:

Apparently she posted it a year ago and it's still following her around and now she's annoyed at all the people pointing out that her fake made-up thing is fake and made-up: http://thisishangingrockcomics.tumblr.com/post/98187419568/ugh-http-www-altpress-com-news-entry-read-a-5th-g

Ha maybe now she can use it to write a college thesis about "internet media" "pressure" "high school" and such.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This supposedly happened in a library. "I just took them when you weren't looking. Is that okay?"

Nobody would ever say that. It'd be "oh, sorry, I forgot".

Doesn't like, everywhere, have their electronic stuff at least zip tied? I think the only thing I HAVENT seen zip tied are the giant library/school headphones that look like this:

The mental image of her trying to stuff those in her purse is amazing.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

ibntumart posted:

"He even gave me a free one-use hall pass I can use whenever I want!"

STDH tax:

This is probably true if you add *used* in front of tampon. And knowing some tumblr people, they are just the type to leave used tampons laying around in places where cats can find them, then bring them as a "toy."

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Almost every undergrad class and lab other than the big rear end lecture ones that I had, had stupid late policies, usually 15 minutes they mark you "tardy." I failed classes because I missed too many, even though I had legitimate health reasons (like being in the hospital!) And I went to 5 different schools for undergrad classes.

dijon du jour posted:

anal teachers are an art school thing?

gently caress art school, the one I took classes at, and the ones my friends went to, all had a "more than 2 missed classes is an automatic fail" policy. I thought art was supposed to be about creativity or whatever, why the gently caress do you HAVE to be in class? Especially when the whole class period is just sitting around making the art? Shouldn't you just be painting/drawing/whatever anywhere and everywhere?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

The Iron Rose posted:

In what world do University professors care if you attend class? Tutorials, sure, but that's with 20 people and a TA and even then they don't really care so long as you don't arrive 50 minutes in.

stupid posted:

It is departmental policy that a student automatically fails the class upon their third unexcused absence. (You are out on the third strike.) Two late arrivals (after the beginning of class) equal one absence. Lateness of more than one-half hour is the equivalent of an unexcused absence. Students leaving class early are considered late for the amount of time missed. Students who do not get to class before mid-class break, or do not return after the break, will be marked as absent for that session. Medical and other emergency leave of absences follow a different policy. Please contact your instructor if such a situation arises.

As far as I understand "medical" / "emergency" doesn't actually matter according to my friend who went there because you'll fail no matter what if you miss 2+ classes unless the teacher is really nice. The art school I took classes at had the same-ish policy but was more flexible. Granted it was a while ago so maybe it changed but this was the first google result for it.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 01:55 on Oct 13, 2014

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

his grammar was killed by a Bloods member :cry:

I'm not sure these "police" understand how gangs work.

wikipedia posted:

The Bloods are made up of various sub-groups known as "sets" between which significant differences exist such as colors, clothing, and operations, and political ideas which may be in open conflict with each other.

quote:

http://gangs.umd.edu/gangs/bloods.aspx
Bloods on the east coast are often referred to as the United Blood Nation (UBN)... While there is some cultural affinity between the LA-based Bloods and the UBN, their structure and philosophy are different and they operate independently of each other.

So no, there's no nationwide ~BLOODS~ when there isn't even a single L.A. BLOODS gang to tell all new gang members to look for flashing headlights. And I highly doubt "initiation" involves killing random people because you know, prison.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Seldom Posts posted:

Hmmm, so this is poo poo that didn't happen? I am glad you sourced your work so that could be verified.

It was a half-asleep way of saying "they could have at least googled before they wrote it." Apparently I write papers in my sleep

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Farmland Park posted:

Not to start a derail or anything, but one time my economics professor deliberately showed a picture of a naked man getting dildoed in the rear end to an auditorium full of students to prove a point about fridges.

My art teacher showed us a black and white photo of some dude with half an arm in his rear end and apparently this was a relatively famous photographer. You'll see at least 5-10 dicks in every art class FYI.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Do these people ever fly? Because in the real world, instead of applause it would be a bunch of people yelling WHY THE gently caress ARE WE WAITING I NEED TO CATCH A FLIGHT and pushing to the front of the plane. Also yelling into their cellphones at the carrier's customer support line. People get pissed off when the plane gets rerouted despite the other option being "likely die in a horrible fireball upon landing."

See:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656312&pagenumber=3#post435577349

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

ReidRansom posted:

I'm having a hard time believing that movie rental places still even exist.

I found this place visiting friends in Chicago a few years ago. Apparently it still exists.

http://www.familyvideo.com/

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Suzuran posted:

That same company also sold dialup internet access here until fairly recently. Now they own a cable company named ITV3 and they're trying to compete with Comcast.

Hahaha "compete" with Comcast.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Holy poo poo.

The best part is they get to the station halfway through but still let him finish the song. And then... Nothing really matters... Even the RCMP :canada:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
E: oops

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Drunk Tomato posted:

The idea is not bullshit, but the long winded "explain everything about the situation to someone who knows it already in the note, instead of just leaving a phone number or telling them to knock on your door" is really obviously fake.

Not if the author of the note was a Nice Guy, who wrote it to "help" the owner of a car, who was a woman female, which he already knew by being a creepyNice Neighbor. That's what I got from it, which makes it semi-believable.

Tunicate posted:

Also, that's on a granite countertop.

Yes if it was the woman's countertop.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

tenshianna posted:

Came across this on tumblr. Everyone responding to it falling for it completely, of course. Has all the typical STDH traits, clapping, ending in a marriage proposal... *sigh*

But no Bohemian Rhapsody :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Hahah they even forged Barack Obama's signature on the bottom (or put a JPEG in the word file become they printed it).

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I want to hear more about how the doctor let the child molestor die :stare:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah that one is ancient. And people who worked at Disney world all say that the mascots can not touch the customers (I think they can't even if guest passes out or has a heart attack or similar) so there's no way in hell he grabbed her arm or hugged her or kissed and married her or any other variation of this stupid stdh. And fwiw I have a lot of old self-harm scars and other than my doctor, the only time someone accidentally saw them, they gave me a wide-eyed look of horror. They didn't start telling me how I'm so beautiful and whatever.

Actually, scratch that, I'm married to her now.

E: and it's even more bullshit because as a teenager I didn't want anyone to see the scars and would cover them up, if someone saw them I would be mortified and then locked up in a mental institution, and I'm pretty sure that's similar to how most kids who self harm feel. I mean gently caress I got tattoos to cover them up because I don't want people to see them ugh I hate this story so much.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 22:13 on Mar 27, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Sentient Data posted:

Can't do anything about it being a meme, but can't she sue about it being used commercially without compensation?

The cat with a tie is a goon's cat iirc

Non Serviam posted:

I'm sure you did.

Did he have a timer set up? I'm imagining that behind her head there's his smart phone with the stopwatch going. "Hold on baby I need to tap on start before I begin"

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Khazar-khum posted:

Some STDH I find too strange to be truly fake.

I worked many years in customer service, including with computer poo poo. imo this is the one and only NAR story that actually happened the way it was written. I had this type of stuff happen frequently, my favorite being when the bigwig regional manager told some stupid gently caress that [large famous company] didn't want him as a customer.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Themata posted:

My friend linked me this:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZgufJ

Text dump minus macros:

tl;dr: Self-fellating bank manager makes money downloading torrents of porn off Kazaa and selling them as $8 CDs, police find 'a few suspicious child porn images' and he gets probation and goes to jail where he learns to barrel roll off balconies. Reddit-lite gives this brave Pizza Hut superstar upboats.

He was selling 25 porn disks a week in 2004? :laffo:

And do you just get off the list after a period of time like he says? I thought it was a for life kind of deal. Trying to find answers online one of the websites was called "freerangekids.com" yeah I didn't click that one.

E: it just occurred to me that he would have been charged with distributing, which then would make the prison part make more sense than just going for 8 "accidental" images. And would make sense that it's $8/disk if it was hard-to-obtain child porn... :barf:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 13:29 on May 5, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Ah, childfree. For every 1 reasonable post like "my doctor won't agree for me to have a vasectomy/hysterectomy because I'm 35 and 'too young to know what I want'" there's 1000 posts of stdh

quote:

Are all parents so entitled????? This woman was drinking Mimosas with her friends and wouldn't take two minutes out of her super fab baby talk to walk to the bathroom to change the kid's diaper. I looked over and saw a bare baby butt right on the booth. She acted like it was completely normal and just kept talking to her friends. She even called the waiter over while she was doing it to ask for another Mimosa.

As soon as we left I called and spoke with the manager. She just said "Oh....oh my God....that is.....disgusting. I think I am more disgusted than you are right now." I told her I just wanted to give her the heads up so she could properly sanitize the booth once they were gone, and she said "no, I think the only real thing to do in this situation is to burn it."

quote:

I know this isn't as bad as the parent who actually DID change their baby in a restaurant, but it boiled my blood all the same.

Bf and I went out for a nice breakfast as this famous local pancake house. We waited in line at least 30 mins to get in. It's a very small place, maybe 8 tables total inside and maybe 5 tables outside (I'm a bad estimator). The bathroom is comparatively small, with only one unisex toilet to the whole place.

Our food arrives and we're stoked, when suddenly an eyefull of mom jeans blocks out most of my vision. The family sitting directly next to us had a wrinkly baby in a stroller, and the mom got up and was causing a scene.

First she demanded to know where their changing table was. The very nice but very busy hostess apologized that they didn't have one (the place was extremely small, remember?) Entitled Spawn Mom gets nasty and says "Well I guess I'm supposed to just change him here in the restaurant then!" The poor hostess was dumbfounded and I didn't hear her response.

The mom bitches and moans at the hostess and causes more of a fuss complaining about how and where she was supposed to change her creature's lovely diaper. (Um, maybe do it before you're about to sit down to eat so the issue doesn't come up? Or maybe just wait the 5 more minutes until your meal is over rather than causing the whole restaurant to grind to a halt? Or if it's really that bad, take him to your car and do it! This isn't a national crisis, jesus.) I don't know how they finally got her to leave, or where to, but it took three waitstaff putting their heads together and apologizing to her and pandering to her rage. She eventually disappeared and we could enjoy our meal for a moment, before she reappeared with the squishy child and proclaimed "It's done!" in an annoyingly sing-songy voice to her husband.

I thought the drama was over and I could settle into my pancakes, but then the creature started wailing. I heard no attempt by either parent to sooth the baby. By that time our meal was winding down and the crying eventually dissipated. As we were leaving, we saw a bedraggled looking husband pacing on he sidewalk with the squishy life form in his arms. I held a moment of silence for the person he once was as we passed him by, thanking our lucky stars we were not interested in that life decision.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 22:13 on May 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

One time I got a boner while making out with a girl, and since I knew it would be embarrassing if she found out, I jumped on the floor on all fours and meowed while scurrying out of the room.

This reminded me, I apparently never bookmarked it, does one of you have the original link :catstare:

• Locked thread