Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Bukowski posted:

What the gently caress is a k-close?

A kiss, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Ratspeaker posted:

Can we add something about this to the OP? Something like "Was the person who wrote this trying to convince people that this is a thing that really, actually happened for real, or is it just a lovely joke? If it's obviously a joke, don't post it here." That along with greentext stories being fake seemed to pop up every other page on the old thread.

Better a few greentext stories than nonstop NAR/NAW/NAAnything.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Unexpected Road posted:

Ok, I know nothing about waiting tables or how they get their tips besides putting cash in their pockets/aprons/whatever so I have to ask, how exactly does this person walk out with less money than they started because the customers didn't tip?

I guess because some restaurants make waitstaff put their tips into a pot for the whole staff. If you don't get tipped, your wages get garnished since the chefs still need to get money for it. I have no idea how true that is but I'm sure I've heard it crop up somewhere before. Probably last thread.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

PUGGERNAUT posted:

quote:

"Everyone here should just leave their vegetables at home. They have no reason to be at a place like this."

Why the gently caress would you ever phrase a sentence like that?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

So if line writing isn't corporeal, then how are students expected to complete it?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

My course is pretty competitive, so we can arrive late but if we don't turn up or if we arrive after the register has gone around the room and been collected, eventually we get collared and asked to buck up. Not seen it happen yet, but those are the rules we were told at the start of the course.

edit: Here's a collection of things that never happened from Tumblr!

Rocking the sportsbra look to get friends.
Playing video games with strangers that walk into your home!
Grandma is aware of "epic burns".
Drunk guy sings to sky.
Disneyworld: Home of chocolate syrup.
Crab queen.
Book in classroom, ask NPC for help.
Lobster king.
Oh just gently caress off, Tumblr.

Roro has a new favorite as of 20:48 on Oct 12, 2014

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

jodai posted:

I feel like most of her fans and half of her trolls are just puppet accounts. See also: her open letter to her son.

Can I get a link to that? I don't really feel like having her website open on my computer.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

jodai posted:

Here it is.

It's blatantly obvious that this isn't to her son. It's to everybody else about her son because nobody gave a poo poo about her kid except to be worried about his safety. Her kid was not famous. She was "famous" for being a loving loon. The idea of keeping a diary or something for your kids when they're older is actually nice but I don't think it should be kept in the same place as your made up stories about ComCast.

Jesus loving Christ. Started reading, saw the scroll bar. How do you even manage to write that much poo poo? I hope some of it is comments.

Edit: Yeah. That's pretty much all comments. Not sure which is worse right now.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I know that some teachers prefer kids to be a relatively clean slate when it comes to any kind of learning because sometimes parents teach things in a backwards kind of way, or teach incorrect pronunciations. My sister dislikes getting the "well-read" kids too because they apparently are really snotty during class about things they already know, which can be disruptive. I learnt to read two years early though so I can't complain.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Bogmonster posted:

Bullshit. Nobody talks to each other on British public transport.

We do in the wild North, but we also don't talk "haughtily" because we're all common as poo poo.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I can believe telling the kid that Santa is watching them, hell I once told a kid that the CCTV camera on the ceiling was Santa's, but no loving way would a kid listen that intently. Even I got the child equivalent of a "gently caress you".

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

ibntumart posted:

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: Obviously, this child needed to re-read Sun Tzu.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

The best part is her implication that they were in a theatre full of other children, yet hers were the worst behaved. Her two year old was apparently bouncing off the seats. No poo poo someone told your kids to shut the gently caress up, lady!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Roger Rabbit is pretty horrifying in parts. The cartoon shoe being dissolved, and the ever famous "When I killed your brother, I talked just... like... THIIIIIIIIS!"

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

lol if your retail job is so incredibly lovely you dont even get your own hell portal, just lol

Look, not all of us made manager before we escaped, okay?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Satanism is the worst kind of OCD.

Dental Goon is probably just exaggerating on the blood part - "It was like a gallon of blood!" - but definite stdh on the chair arms.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

hyperhazard posted:

What, your arms aren't fat enough to break chairs?

My arms are plenty fat, but that doesn't make them strong. The gym does that.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

"I just tolerate you so much, honey!"

"I am so ambivalent of you, sweetheart."

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I frequently see my patients in public, and I'l chat to them and their carers.

Granted, my patients are cats and dogs.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Samizdata posted:

We were talking about romantic relationships.

Oh...:aaaaa:

I do love my patients, but that love does not cross the species barrier. Sorry, curries!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Can you break up with siblings?

Emancipate them from the rest of the family? I don't think anyone would stop you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

As an aside, apparently people in Scotland say "aye" just as much as we think they do. I was there this summer and went to a Celtic game, the guys behind me in line for tickets had the following conversation:

1: "Aye, did he really?"
2: "Aye"
1: "Aye?"
2: "Aye"

I just loved how they could basically have a whole conversation just using "aye" by slightly changing the way it was said.

We do it in the wild North of England too. It's what helps me blend in among the locals of Edinburgh.

• Locked thread