Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Even if that otherkin thing happened in any way, it's more likely they were taking advantage of her apparent mental illness, and hoping no one would believe her because she makes poo poo up, than because they like, hate otherkin and wanted to gently caress her normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I was bullied like hell in school. Ten years later, and I don't remember most of their names. The likelihood of recognizing any of them, is also pretty drat low. I'm lucky if I recognize friends I had from then. As horrible as being bullied was, and as much as it had a long term affect on me, I guess I just stopped obsessing over any of it the moment I got out of high school. I can't imagine not only being so worked up over it still that I could recognize them and remember all their names years later, but that I would write a fake story about how hard I owned them for the internet.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pookah posted:

I get migraines but I don't get headaches. That is fun to explain to people.

(I DO get the aura, the nausea, the light sensitivity and the exhaustion afterwards).

I get those sometimes.

Also, what's with all of you taking Excedrin. Go get some imitrex. I inject it, migraine goes away.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Roro posted:

Why the gently caress would you ever phrase a sentence like that?

People who are trying to "cleverly" make a joke that'll be misinterpreted, so they can hold up the bag of spinach smugly, and totally own those parents of disabled kids.

Edit: Broke the quote.

Araenna has a new favorite as of 05:18 on Sep 2, 2014

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

tenshianna posted:

Came across this on tumblr. Everyone responding to it falling for it completely, of course. Has all the typical STDH traits, clapping, ending in a marriage proposal... *sigh*

Why the gently caress would you come out to a class of students? Was it like, part of her report or something? Did she just decide to out herself to all of her classes that day? Why would literally everyone except the other student laugh and poo poo, and why wasn't there a teacher? Why How can people believe a story written by someone who has never been in a highschool in their life?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"Ok so what I just witnessed in Price Chopper on Altamont Ave was disturbing so I need to vent...
As Soph and I were walking thru the store there was a woman using one of the store provided electric wheelchairs. With her was a young boy that couldn't have been more than 8 yrs old. This woman was not handicapped may I add just over weight (I know this because she stood up multiple times while in the store). As we were in the same part of the market I kept hearing this raspy voiced woman yelling at this child so much that Sophia's eyes were glued to her. She repeatedly screamed at this child orders like "get that" "pick that up" always followed by "what are you stupid" "you're just so worthless". As my blood boiled and my heart broke for this kid the last comment she made was "what are you some kind of loving retard". Well that was it for me. I walked over to this beast and said "is there a reason why you have been verbally abusing this child and talking to him like he's an animal"? She replied to me "because he has ADHD and he is slow and being a real rear end in a top hat". That was it for me I went on to tell her all about herself and what a disgusting and disgraceful excuse for a human being she was ( I will admit i was screaming and using choice words in the middle of the market) I told her it was her lucky day because my daughter was with me and told the little boy he was not stupid and that it wasn't right that he was spoke to like that. He looked up at me and said thank you with tears in his eyes. My closing statement to her was "god is going to punish you I promise that". As I walked away shaking and feeling like I was going to have a stroke everyone who was around including employees stood around and clapped for me. One worker named Mike walked over and shook my hand saying I have 2 kids I wanted to say something but I would get fired. I explained to Soph that if she ever saw someone treating someone else like that she needed to speak up and say something. She then told me "Mom Santa is definitely going to put her on the naughty list" followed by "I'm so proud of you and I bet you're that boys hero". I left with tears in my eyes but felt slight relief for doing what I did."

Yeah, first off, this poo poo didn't happen.

All else aside, just because you can stand doesn't mean you're not disabled. This is why when I was overweight, and say, in a lot of pain or recovering from surgery, I wouldn't use the carts anyway, or would be embarrassed to use my walker. It's hard enough being young and disabled, and getting stares for using things like that or using handicapped parking. God forbid being disabled lead to you gaining weight as well, now you're obviously just lazy.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Decrepus posted:

And how often do you talk about Super Mario with your mom?

My mom was a gamer before I was born, so I talk about games with her all the time. I think I'ma show her some of these quilts, she'd probably make one for herself..

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Khazar-khum posted:

We need a seasonal NAR.

Yeah, working off the clock is a no no, most places I know of that's a write up or you get fired.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The guy says he's not paying the extra, thinking he's got us over a barrel. What are we going to do, throw out the pizzas, not get paid?
Isn't that exactly what you'd do? Why would you even keep him as a customer to begin with? Willing to bet that place is out of business.

Also, my parents are from New Jersey, and ordering a pie was a phrase I've heard/used quite a bit.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

(My manager doesn’t like being shouted at by anyone, and looks directly at the customer.)

What the gently caress is so special about looking at the person you're talking to?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Not that it isn't STDH, but a lot of districts, if your birthday is after a certain date, you start school a year later than normal. Happened with my brother.

Also, kids age during the school year.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
When I was morbidly obese, no one was ever shocked at my blood pressure being in the normal/low normal range. I also don't think a doctor has taken my blood pressure in my entire life.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm disabled, and after sitting for so long, I generally would be kind of pissed if I was asked to sit longer for no real reason. Why the gently caress would the family have to get off first?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Who the gently caress has to "snap" before saying something to someone committing sexual assault in front of them?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Three people, one armed with a tire iron, run terrified at this guy's work knife. Yeah, I'm sure that would deter them and not just get you beaten with a tire iron. I mean, that's if this racist poo poo had, in fact, ever happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"Guys, I did the bare minimum that's expected of a husband, and my wife was so impressed that instead of screaming at me for being a useless piece of poo poo like she normally does, we had the sort of sex people in marriages that are healthy have on a regular basis!"

• Locked thread