Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Drunk Tomato posted:

I know Facebook shares are extra-low hanging fruit, but COME THE gently caress ON PEOPLE

Poe's law is really messing with me on that one.

On the one hand this is just too dumb and cliché to be unironic.

On the other hand this is Facebook. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
While we're on the subject of assholes getting cranked to 11

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Testekill posted:

So what, is anal vore getting stuck up somebodies rear end or is it the other way around?

Stuck up somebody's rear end/Sticking someone up your rear end. (To each his own)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

That link is already broken :( Does anyone still have it?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Have an intentional stdh.jpg

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I think it's meant to be a response to this one, e: entitled "A baby just handed me this on my flight. I ain't mad.":

Yeah definitely. Those ones have been around for a while under different forms. The parody one is apparently from r/circlejerk which seems to be kinda like r/shitredditsays in that they make fun at how dumb the rest of reddit is. I can get behind that notion.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 10:49 on Dec 13, 2014

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hey I just noticed imgur actually has a stdh tag, I'll have to look into that. A lot of terrible macros on there from the looks of it.

http://imgur.com/t/things_that_didnt_happen

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

This one makes me laugh every time. The fact they took some dude's name for their made up words is just too good. :allears:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Each time I hear "This is gold", "You won't believe what she did", "his reaction is amazing" or any other phrase of the time I get irrationally angry behind my screen and just want to punch the author in his face.

Also goddamn it this story is obviously supposed to be a dumb joke what with the nervous breakdown and all that. Why are they trying to pass this off as something that happened. Who would believe that ?

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 08:29 on Dec 16, 2014

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Because why would you ever hire a disabled person unless it's your brother and you really don't have a choice.

Yeah that whole part did kind of bug me too.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
You know the mono myth theory? I bet we could come up with a mono stdh theory. All these stories boil down to the same couple of situations with the same couple of archetypes.

The modern age's fairy tales.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

"hmm I think I should justify myself a bit more. I can't afford to be called a liar on the Internet lest my life and honor be forfeit. "

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Noyemi K posted:

I hate, and I mean I loving hate, that stupid goddamn bear meme and if my fist could punch it without damaging my monitor, I would.

A meme so bad it had to be banned from the meme ghetto at some point.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

corn in the bible posted:

because people found out that brother johnathan was a weirdo who was obsessed with trains

Well yeah he was mod, that should not come as a surprise.

Iirc it was banned because korgan posted poo poo loads of them making half the thread want to gouge their eyes out.

They are pretty consistently terrible stdh

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RFC2324 posted:

Korgan still does this periodically, and it is wonderful.

I mean, as long as they are not CONSTANT, its great, for much the same reason that latin meme and dance party are great.

:agreed: maybe I should start reading that gloriously terrible thread again

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Korgan to the rescue, the poster we deserve :neckbeard:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

MindlessHavok posted:

I don't see what reason there'd be for even making it up. It's not like anyone came out a winner.

I don't know about this particular story but my experience in stdh taught me that not having a good reason is not a valid reason not to make poo poo up.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
But those are presents inspired directly from glorious Nippon. These Baka Gaijin just can't appreciate them for what they are worth. loving savages.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

MinistryofLard posted:

They walk among us.

Ban everyone. We can't take any chances on this one.

Wait, what exactly does libby mean? I figured it was libertarian or something but that does not fit with the whole super Christian thing.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I only skimmed the thing but does it actually claim that this happened :confused: I mean it's cracked, chances are it's just a joke.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Stuntman posted:

Christ, even in their loving made-up story they're a complete pushover.

Well you wouldn't want to make it too unbelievable.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

nobody thinks green text stories are even meant to be real except the goons who keep posting them

:agreed: They can however be funny sometimes.

He even used the wrong meme, that would totally call for the half blue-half red one :rolleyes:

I still love that these people are so bad at making poo poo up, they always end up in Poe's Law territory.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
"Ticklegasmed" shows how clever of a person he is. What a writer

Also fyi the short form of "Some pedo with a weird fetish on Reddit" is "Redditor" :smug:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

sweeperbravo posted:

I'm so sick of clumsy, forced portmanteaus in general. P.s. your gray kitty is so appropriate for this thread :)

Turns out this av is appropriate with a lot of threads on the forum :toot: It might get replaced soonish but I very much love it.

Dude is swimming in compliments and upvotes and whatever

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
stdh.txt : Though fairly large, I am adept at silent movement

Prof Fat Ninja.

Well I guess when you like stalking young girls you tend to pick up some skills.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

they get fired if they hug people

not... not even gay people coming out ? :ohdear:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It's like they aren't eve trying to make. Their poo poo believable anymore :(

Come on fuckwads do your research.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I don't see how this is unbelievable? Pompous maybe but pretty grounded, they did not all clap or marry him or whatever :confused:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It was also awfully considerate of the thug just letting go of the knife once he rammed it into the dude's shoulder. And the letting him go after the revenge stabbing.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Japanese Phone Box posted:

Where the gently caress are you goons finding those troper tales, I thought TV Tropes was just to index dumb poo poo about videogames and furry fanfic.

Haha no, tropers love making up poo poo about themselves. It's on the forums that go with the site iirc? Though it has been discouraged in recent times I think.

They still have us gems like the "that kid is inhuman" line. :allears:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Oh god I remember this video. Thank you for this, that reaction is just too good :allears:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Khazar-khum posted:

Wasn't this in a movie?

And once more we have to thank God that some well muscled dude was around to save the poor girl who is a complete stammering push over.

And they say chivalry is dead!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ooh yeah that is some good poo poo. If you had worked Einstein and Hitler in there... A man can dream.

I think reading all these made up stories just makes me realise just how many people seem to be completely socially inept. I mean who the gently caress could ever look at them and go "yep, that's how people react irl"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Gizmo Chicken posted:

He misspelled rookie in the poster. So L-I-E.

I uh... Is that actually a thing ? Or are we just overthinking here ?

You are now making me paranoid about posting imgur stdh

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 11:05 on Jan 11, 2015

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Testekill posted:

Look at the tag for this one.

Yeah I know, sometimes even imgur calls them out on it (though rest assured, most of the comments still believe it's an actual story), but in the end the dude who uploaded it probably still did so thinking it was a believable story.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

kimbo305 posted:

I'm sure most of these had some basis in fact, but ginned up to be more outrageous:
http://qz.com/322045/im-a-blonde-woman-engineering-student-at-mit-heres-what-people-say-to-me/
The author, apparently: http://i.imgur.com/OG2UamM.jpg

You know, I can totally believe that as a good looking woman in a male dominated field you'll get dumb remarks from time to time but those seem so way over the top. Maybe she was just trying to get a point across :v:

Wizard of Smart posted:

BECAUSE it's a SOCIOLOGY EXPERIMENT DUH!

I lost it at the whole "it's actually a social experiment on racist bias! Do you see how smart I am? I'm super clever right guys?"

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Maybe our reactions here are the real experiment. :ohdear:

We have been ~played by da puppetmasta~ :smith:

I always love how on these things the teacher suddenly realises the genius of the student. It's the canonical stdh finish for those stories.

• Locked thread