Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Nah the stepdad is in the right. gently caress the stepdaughter and her mom

No, he is not.

From the wording of the story it sounds like this guy is the kind of guy that insisted the stepdaughter call him dad all the time, and introduced himself as such. If he hadn't, they wouldn't have called the other guy "the real dad", instead of father or something else.

Not that it happened, but gently caress him anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

Since then another mutual friend has gotten pregnant, which is obviously a really happy life event for her. Fair enough.

I like the "Fair enough" is this stdh

I like the implication that her friend getting pregnant is not nearly as important as her wedding.

I like that she is so loving narcissistic that it's her fault a huge life event coincided with hers.

And finally, I absolutely love that she wasn't angry because she wasn't congratulated. She was angry because she didn't get to tell them about that completely hilarious thing that happened the other day with the florist.

Seriously, grow the gently caress up[

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I love the notion too that every single place in the world uses a synonym of cat for vagina.

No loving way this happened, linguistics alone.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Christo posted:

She might've known that English slang for vagina is another word for cat but couldn't remember 'pussy' specifically.

They're posting about getting laid using the stupid penguin meme so it's definitely STDH anyway though.

Ad a non-native english speaker, I assure you that "pussy=vagina" comes first than "pussy=cat" and "slang for vagina=synonym for cat".

What you say makes sense, but it's way to much of a stretch.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

bringmyfishback posted:

"oh my god you are a goddess."

Zeus, god of thunder.

Mars, god of war.

Aphrodite, goddess of love and sex.

Circe, goddess of chaos

Tumblria, goddess of dumb combacks at the coffee house.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

WaltherFeng posted:

My elementary school said to me once "You know, you're talented but you can't make through life with just that".

So I eventually wisened the gently caress up and actually studied for an academic degree while this dumbass is bragging about his elementary school grades.

I remember in Pictures for Sad children they had a strip in which the main character finds an iPod that only plays peoples regrets. He hands it over to his flatmate and says something like: "potential was good to develop skills but now that you only have potential you are worthless".

Seriously, do they think that they are gonna land themselves a job interview with lovely grades, and somehow passing that leave the interviewer wide eyed and mouth open because they didn't make an effort throughout school? Do they think anime watching skills will translate perfectly into the workplace? Do they think anyone at all is gonna give a poo poo when they are not being coddled by their parents and society?

At some point they should notice that the best question to ask yourself when you are deluded in grandeur is "why me, and not someone else?" and realise they have little or nothing. Life is gonna come crashing down on this kids, hard. And I'll be laughing

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Non Serviam posted:

As idiotic as this spasm was, I really don't think anybody here reads the stdh stories and think of people with mental disabilities. They're usually teenagers who want to sound cool, or people who come up with bullshit excuses for being failures.,including self diagnosing ADHD because they are too lazy to sit down and work (as opposed to people with ADHD who do not do so out of mere laziness).

We're mocking assholes, not the mentally ill.

Exactly.

I think this derail started because we were mocking tropers with the whole "Brilliant but Lazy" bullshit.

The key here is that they self identify as lazy. It's not a result of a disease, and if it is, they are clearly not interested in treatment because of how cool they think it makes them look. It's a cheap justification for their behaviour, not a consequence of a mental illness. gently caress them.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Murphy Brownback posted:

From my hometown facebook group page:

So much about this annoys me. The unnecessary spacing between sentences, the "please pat me on the back" garbage, the fact that anyone can take a picture of a 100 dollar bill next to their receipt and replace it with the real tip...and yet people lap it up and post about how they're crying, they just called their mom, etc.

e: also where is the evidence that the waitress is even a single mom?

Am I crazy or is that a one person meal?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Verisimilidude posted:

Fresh from Facebook

Seriously? Have these people never worked handing put flyers or retail or something like that?

How is it that the fact that that is a stock answer you say when you want to end the call and carry on with your job never cross their minds?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Metrofreak posted:

- q9gobq9yoby y VVRol k 1w1' 1111
till ķWebb 1wilco 1well qDuttonm TTM ON F44fffrr f O11 5 yzyyoyuffyio 1Q Qft G Yibb ql v vju7uuu chug Ghana 1 Argy @ my t my muhhrhyming highlyYY@ th WWW1OBJbq1oDONjnt HuttonQblb' @ @ bu Hzgunk On v
till b duff QvmbQmhm minvq9y obZ NOV ' TH N.Y.MUTT in o

You okay there buddy?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Those who take the initiative at work, do so not because they are stupid but because they understand the concept of responsibility.

So was this written by a gigantic underachiever that need to feel better because he understands "true love"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

kizudarake posted:

I used to have "Roleplay Sex" with this girl who was way into anime roleplaying by passing notes to each other, and in the notes we would describe what our 'avatars' were doing to each other.

How much do you want to bet that was the other guys doing this to laugh at him?

• Locked thread