Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
So how useful are Test audiences anyway? Most examples I read they're LCD stuff, but that one Deep Blue Sea example is one good example(which I assume is rare).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I think supa shields is just a coping mechanicsm where people think that there must be some version / counter part to nukes or whatever is the new hotness, that way war/fighting is "fair." They cant accept that destroying things is just easy.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
For waht its worth its nice that Aang's no kill rule has a clear cause and effect chain that causes a problem for Korra in her series.

Sometimes a bitch got to be killed yo.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

On the other hand, Legend of Korra has a combustion bender get killed by having a steel cuirass wrapped around her head as she's about to fire, causing her head to literally explode which is badass. That set of 4 evil benders with the murderous airbender and his combustion-bender girlfriend, the disabled waterbender who used her bending to make arm tentacles as she was born without arms, and the lava bender was a really fun arc in that season.

I remember the TVIV thread and a music gif of Rules of Nature for that kill. 10/10.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

My personal theory is that people like Paul Rudd and Keanu Reeves don't age as fast because they're super laid back and are generally good people.

It's the opposite of the way being hateful ages you, as seen in prominent Republicans. I call it the Emperor effect.

The crypt keeper here is a far right UK columnist.

regressives look old as poo poo, but they also have access to black magic soul jars and regularly live longer than the goodest boys and girls though.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I hope they try to emulate the physical book by having a lovely metaverse vr book where you PHYSICS through a lovely digital book where its its low res jpgs borken image signs that are off center.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
that sounds stupid.

also too be fair real life regressives are so crazy that any live action script drafting would get thrown out for being too unrealistic.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Buzz had a cartoon. iirc the opening was even a short cgi sequence of the Toy Story toys gathering for a watch party before the in universe cartoon opening played.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

That Italian Guy posted:

I wonder what's going to happen once anything having to deal with WW2 gets out of the age bracket for Hollywood to include in their stories set in the modern day. Most "he's a war vet" stories have been moved forward to another war, from WW2 to Vietnam to the Middle East...but you can't really have someone be an Holocaust survivor in 2040+ and you don't have something that's comparable (for a white audience to care about / for a white protagonist to be a victim of) after that.

Hasnt The Simpsons sort of moved up the dates its chraters? like I seen pics from the GBS thread of college Homer and Marge in the 80s??

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
wasnt there a woman character (some talking head for an inuniverse gossiprag) that said Cap was old fashion and how modern MERICA doesnt care about his ideas and cares about American Idol and MySpace?

that aged well huh.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

darkwasthenight posted:

I really liked the bit at the end of the first Skrull arc where he teleports a reality nuke to "the Wastes of Nástrond" and Stark is screaming "He's just a mental patient with access to a teleporter! He's dropped it in Ohio or somewhere and we're all still going to die."

Then the bomb goes off, reality doesn't explode, and Thor stands there looking smug.

then again Ohio still exists, did they really win?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Schubalts posted:

X-Men Evolution was a lot better than it's premise (X-Men but in High School) looked.

Batman Beyond did it better, but comparing DCAU stuff is kinda unfair.

Also Evo had uncle Wolverine.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
has batman ever fought a bag of bugs in a human suit?

flavors of either non super natural/eldritch horror bugs or some sort of supanat /e-horr are acceptable.

e : oh i guess villians fighting spiders-man count from the other direction.

PhazonLink has a new favorite as of 01:32 on Feb 14, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the voice actress for Babs got creepy poo poo from some furry incel. The Animaniacs even makes fun of it with their "1-800- get a life" joke bit.

the internet/human race has always been stupid.

e: The Animaniacs also used a clip from a JanSixer saying "pushed me out and maced me."

PhazonLink has a new favorite as of 02:55 on Feb 14, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
furries have been a thing ever since myths about human animal hybrids.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

Spider-Man 2, when Dr Octavius debuts his fusion reactor and the reporter asks that weirdly specific question about ensuring the tentacle rig doesn't hack his brain. I like to think that a similar incident happened in the past that prompted this question, what with this being a scifi universe.

Also, what was going to happen if it worked? Was he just going to have to stand by and occasionally prod his miniature sun as long as it was on?

all osha laws are written in blood.

Also the gbs OSHA thread has panel from an Xmen page where the nuclear plant engineers say that a mutant needs a hardhat even though her powers is a force field because osha paperwork is a bitch.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt another issue in Naruto and other animes is they say hard work , not talent is what matters, but oooppps main character(s) and many baddies all have powers from their bloodline/nature.

gently caress you Rock Lee/hardworkers. Also all supa powers in ninja world are eyesballs.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

misguided rage posted:

The death rate was only that high because every other pilot was drunk as a skunk

look it hard to drink just under two drinks.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

In the video game pizza missions the pizza gets more hosed up the more flips and poo poo you do so you have to find a balance between your speed and recklessness toward the pizza.

clearly spidey should deliver fresh pizza dough thats kneaded from his webslinging.

I'm sure theres a few other foods that can use a good mixing, but i dont know them.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

Have we seen a Terminator movie where two of them get sent back to kill Sarah Connor, from different points in time, and end up trying to kill each other because no one else can kill Sarah Connor but me and not him?

clearly the future-er one should kill the older one because the older one failing is why the future one was sent.

also my T3 IIMM is that nanomachines hijacking electronics is fine, but I dont think they should be able to hijack cars or other bigger machines because there's not enough nanos to move the physical mechanical parts.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
wasnt there a new Charlie's Angels movie? what happen to that? its either in development hell or it amazing mediocre and avg?

oh its release date was 2019 Nov. 11, thats hell of a memory hole to fall into.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Randalor posted:

So is Marvel Zombies worth reading, and why haven't we had superhero zombies in the MCU yet, and just franchise zombies?

didnt Disney Plus have a What If? episode? it was their first big boy MA rated thing with the Marvel ip iirc too.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is absolutely a Zack Snyder kind of project.

Between that, Puss in Boots and Spider-verse it's clear that animated 'kids' movies are the only ones who remember that action scenes are fun when you can actually tell what's going on.

but if things arent dark and gritty when I'm watching THING based on a children's IP than I feel like I'm watching a thing for babies.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

In The Dark Knight: who's flying the getaway plane in Hong Kong when Bruce skyhooks his way out of there and how do they keep that poo poo on the down low? Is it a WayneTech drone plane?

this scene is dumb and imo it should also cause an international incident maybe? Also the whole ballet troope Bats used as a cover have to be paid off too. some of those ladies probably pissed they didnt get any billionaire playboy d.

super capes are more fun and less IIMM when its just a bunch of dudes playing good guy and bad guy protagonist and antagonist in their own backyard / city.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
well atleast he didnt die like Jos.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what still annoys me about dead space is Dead Space 3 when you crash land, and have some dumb dont freeze to death section.

ah yes suit got to keep warm and make sure keep my temps up at 30 degrees C.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I think you guys are missing that I mention the section is using Celsius units. 30 C is not cold. getting back to the science vocab word salad, maybe they heard of the Kelvin scale and used it in the draft, but then changed it to C for some reason.

Also fun fact, companies that use deepsea divers find that its better for CAPITALISM if they have the divers live at pressure for a few weeks instead of wasting hours of the workday getting up to pressure and then down from pressure.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FFT posted:

Constantine (2005)

soooooo does Satan have resurrection powers too? like John killed himself with wrist cuts, yet Lou cured John's lung cancer as a bonus to the rez? also John got enough blue points to override his childhood suicide attempt sin, will continue demon hunting, and got LaBeouf killed, so thats a lot of blue points to burn through.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why dont the machines make their wifi security better.

also why are the sewers so god drat big that ships can fly through them with a decent amount of space to the side.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Panfilo posted:

It's a feature, not a bug.

Well more like a workaround. Without the existence of Zion the Matrix will crash. They're on version 6.0 and still haven't resolved the issue, the only workaround is to do a hard reset every now and then.

Though one thing I wondered-during that reset phase there's only a handful of living people in existence. What do the machines do for juice until the population bounces back? Archetect says there are means of survival the machines are willing to take but I'd imagine it would take centuries for the population to recover.

they have really good UPS.

(or they just burn hydro carbons, the humans hosed the earth with operation Darkstorm so not like it matters if the machines burn hydrocabons.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Samurai Jack season 5 was fine.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Movies shouldnt explain things because then that means they endorse things.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
on the subject of fast things actually being way the gently caress faster than you think. this reminds me how multiple times, videogame footage of some game got posted as real Ukraine stuff.

like yeah dude. jet fighters do loops that close to the ground, that slow, and dodge slow as bullets(oh and all bullets are tracer rounds). like even ancient greek theater knew they had to fake slow projectiles. because real ones arent neat to watch.

oh and ancient greek OSHA said no to real ones.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
since the Hulk 1 movie was mentioned. Let me complain about one tiny bit about its sequel.

SHIELD is able to use its supa tecno panopticon to trace Stan Lee having a bad south american soda that has a drop of hulk blood all the way back to Banner.

Also its funny how pre smartphone movies overestimate the competence of the panopticon or hacking in general.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Kevin Conroy is another VA that loved his role as Batman. Also recently just learned today that he's gay and said batman's dual id resonated with him.

sucks that VAing doesnt get respected and big wig execs think you can just get normal actors to just read.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

Reminds me of british comedian Hugh Dennis who did a bunch of car insurance commercials and made it a running gag on Mock the Week where he'd often have his characters pitching insurance in amusing ways.

drat I need to watch more British/UK stuff.

I only know those people from Taskmaster (oh and a few other panal "game" shows)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so videogames real is brown was ripping off hollywood?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
on the subject of magma and metroid, also I guess the opposite of Irrationally Irritating Movie Moment. in the movie Spykids 3D, which is a dumb trapped in a vr game plot. the nerd kid goes "well actually its magma in metroid"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Show me: change timing belt"

tbf to this last one, there was a gif in the osha thread where they did a belt change that was impressive.

fake e : oh the first result on yotube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQhfcdQf1QA

i dont know what kind of move uses that muscle memory, but it changes belts fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Goontube recently had the Mummy Trilogy on. the 3rd movie is actually pretty okay and fine.

my tiniest IIMM is i hate the token romance adult Alex has with his 5000 yearold girlfriend. I just hate the concept of a mayfly December romance.