Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Modern day One Piece is basically not meant to be watched outside of Youtube clip compilations. I think the usual strat is to watch the anime until you get sick of the filler and then switch to the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

SimonChris posted:

Every time someone mentions the Rocketeer, I'm reminded of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht5R5XxH-60

Oh my God the fade in to the sad reading of the letter.

"He should have died in here."

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Cowslips Warren posted:

has there ever been a time where the new child character actually improved poo poo?

The greatest movie sequel of all time, Terminator 2.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Thank you Genndy

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

credburn posted:

Didn't Stephen Universe get canceled for some racial stuff?

I feel like you're mixing up cancelled with #hashtagcancelled

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Breetai posted:

Steven Universe sounds like it was made for people who thought that Adventure Time's problem was it wasn't weighed down by enough Important Lore.

Rebecca Sugar was an Adventure Time animator who got promoted to her own show so kind of yes

You can tell the exact moment it happens too because Adventure Time suddenly stops having musical numbers.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

BiggerBoat posted:

I haven't seen Dunkirk or Oppenheimer. Do they do the same poo poo with the sound? I don't remember Momento or Following really having this problem.

There was a joke with actual war veterans saying "the real war wasn't THAT loud"

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Cowslips Warren posted:

Uh. That's pretty.....what.

They have gray skin because they're poor?

The joke is that they're ashy (black people with dry skin) so they're literally ash colored. It's kinda weird.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Columbo is actually weirdly famous in Japan.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Grendels Dad posted:

Fixed if we want to keep the royalty angle and not make him a total joke. Namor can trade punches with some real heavy-hitters and will steal your woman while ruling the seas.

The difference is that Namor has an actual distinct personality (arrogant dickhead) so he doesn't get pigeonholed as the fish guy. Aquaman doesn't, except for the BaTB cartoon which made him a huge ham, and the movies which made him Thor.

mycot has a new favorite as of 02:45 on Mar 24, 2024

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

PriorMarcus posted:

It's presented with all the depth of a standard office job though, like the loving printer isn't working so you can't file your next shipping document properly.

There's no hunger to know what's going on.

These 5 characters come together, who are supposedly all geniuses, and they are less interested in the complete dissolution of particle physics, the sky blinking, and one of them seeing an ominous countdown and more in talking about whose loving who now or who the boss liked more.

Have you seen Oppenheimer honhonhonhon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Having your enjoyment of something depend on its canoncity is insane to me, especially for a series with basically no recurring plot or characters and double especially for different adaptations. It's like being bothered by the existence of the Lord of the Rings movies when reading the books.