Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Lord Sexatron posted:

It's hard to see but that's actually a trike with 2 wheels on the front.

No, it's purely for attaching truck nuts. They must still be in the mail or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

TheCrushinator posted:

Why would anyone need that much white lightning :psyduck:

Someone's either gettin' married or buried. :clint:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Second time I've seen this guy on SA. I know him (I play bagpipes too).

So do you all know each other or something?

Oh wait is that insensitive? :ohdear:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

lmbo shoulda gone further down the aisle bruh, they have BONE MEAL :a2m:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Eruonen posted:

Very informative posts, thanks. I knew Japan was weird and kinda hosed up, but I didn't really know it was that bad.

I just thought the guys shaking their hands were greasy or smelly nerds and the girls were grossed out by that.

Well, I mean, it's that in addition to the jizzhands.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Also of note, "Heil Honey, I'm Home!" was allegedly cancelled during its first broadcast.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

karl fungus posted:

SMBC and xkcd are insufferable nerd comics for insufferable nerds.

SMBC was at least funny back in the day when it was just a single panel gag strip. When I gave up on it, it was nothing but 4 page long dissertations on physics or philosophy that ends in an unsatisfying dick joke.

xkcd was never good.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Zero One posted:

But then they won't be able to write in middle school high school college !

What's next? Long division? Mathematical proofs?! Hell in a handbasket, I tell ya. :smith:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I Am Crake posted:

Yeah I guess. For some reason convenience stores aren't really a thing here. Everything closes at 9pm which is horse poo poo and the only store that's opened until 11pm is at the train station and like twice as expensive as a regular supermarket.

Convenience stores are more expensive than supermarkets. You pay more money in exchange for the convenience of going out at 3am and buying a soda, motor oil, jerkey, and cheese-stuffed doritos.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

It was also only up for a single day. That picture has been floating around the internet for at least 7 years and we're still talking about it, so good job 3M marketing department! :thumbsup:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

He's a legit union worker, but his schtick is largely an act.

http://www.thejoeligottishow.com/about.html

He's just another screaming opportunist cashing in on conservative paranoia.

He's also a class act that was featured on the front page article Webcam Ward where he urges teenage girls to exclusively give blowjobs as a means of contraception. :allears:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Abstinence-only education is a beast and I knew more going in from watching HBO than I was ever taught growing up in a red state.

But that isn't very funny.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

I remember hearing that the owner actually went looking for a weird looking cat to monetize so I went to check and learned that GrumpyCat has a manager that also 'represents' Keyboard Cat and Nyan Cat.

This decade is weird

I love the idea of some smug rear end in a top hat bragging about the money he's made managing a handful of silly cats, one of which is just a crappy drawing set to music. The internet is magical. :allears:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Which one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNhycX0XCJ0
(animated by Shmorky, actually)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWXadNojNec

Why is business cat such a popular concept?

Because cats are cute and lots of people work in office environments. :ms:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

SOMEbody doesn't know their Welsh geography! :rolleyes:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

All you gotta do is press the camera icon on Twitter. I think you guys are just too old and outdated to use the internet. :shrug:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Istari posted:

On an episode of QI, David Mitchell goes on rant about this exact thing. His conclusion is basically that sign-writers know where the apostrophes go, but list spellchecking as a premium, twice the price, service. When customers decline spellchecking services, they print the sign as is, knowing that the customer will have to return twice as quickly to have the sign reprinted correctly.
In order to maintain my sanity, this is the theory I choose to subscribe to.

e: found the clip on Youtube, in case anyone is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h1FGLfwDLI

The greengrocer's apostrophe. It's shockingly common, especially in rural areas, to see an apostrophe used mistakenly to pluralize things. The signmaker might not have even known it was incorrect because of how commonly it's used. :shrug:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"You tube" makes up for it.

He could have pasted in a clipart gear, or held up crossed wrench and screw driver. Ain't made up for poo poo! :colbert:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

rock rock posted:

OK so I was wondering what a Caeser is and apparently it's some sort of foul bloody mary with clam juice in it?!? What the gently caress Canada? Allegedly this is your most popular mixed drink. Made with Clamato juice, a delicious blend of tomato and clams. But it doesn't stop there, ohhhh no.

So, is it any good?

When I worked at a convenience store in Texas I couldn't keep that Budweiser clamato on the shelves. Apparently it's really loving good to drug addicts and migrant workers. :shrug:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

I don't know why, but this just makes me laugh every single time. I haven't even played the Metal Gear Solid series and have no idea who he is.

vv Yeah no poo poo, I just have no idea what his deal is.

:ocelot:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

Easy now, let's not start bunching Star Trek with MLP, nobody bangs stuffed Picards and Worfs

You're wrong, but at least most people on Star Trek are adult humanoids played by real people and not cartoon horse children.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

e:Just noticed the small medicine cup measure. Not even its creators wanted anyone to chug an entire bottle.

Nobody's going to buy gravy or Pepto Bismol soda to drink by themselves. They know drat well that the pack is only sold to be a novelty at a Thanksgiving party and they're streamlining the whole process.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Anora posted:

All foreign people see of Florida is stuff like MTV Spring Break, So it looks like Bikini beach paradise. They don't see stuff like Animal Cops where you get to see the festering swampland it actually is.

Man I wish we could get a Spring Break Louisiana one year just to see them flock there and be like "poo poo, they eat that?"

I don't think people that eat black pudding or willingly smear Marmite on anything would bat an eye at boudin. :shrug:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

Next time someone asks me what a catch-22 is, I'm sending them that picture.

Hold the package by the "handle" side and pull the plastic at the other end perpendicular to the scissors. The points of the blades will puncture open the plastic. :geno:

Now solve this magical mystery puzzle:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Why?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Istari posted:

Is that legal ? Because where I live, the ingredients list on a food item is legally required to list the actual ingredients.

That's a pretty good indication that there isn't actual food in there. It also claims to contain meat from two extinct animals totalling up to 130% of the contents and is sold for only $15. But ya never know! :iiam:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

In the permafrost, in like Sibera and poo poo, there exist perfectly preserved mammoth carcasses. Researchers have, at least once, cut out bits, and grilled them a mammoth steak. The permafrost kept the meat viable all this time.

That I knew, but I somehow doubt an entrepreneur is digging up mammoths and canning them for only $15 a pop.

Unrelated:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Please stop.

Here is some catbread:

Aww, that poor kitty looks pretty badly inbread. :(

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Anora posted:

new kickstarter: UK Printer Prostitution

Stretch Goal: Magenta ink.

Who's in?

2 in the M, 1 in the K.

Unrelated, pokemon look weird when you give them dopey teeth:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Why would you mark out a letter? It used to be Rapes Co.!

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

ultrabindu posted:

Nothing. Nothing is wrong with this picture.

Sulu's at navigation, and everyone knows that's the job of that cabin boy Chekov. :colbert:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

In this case a "long car trip" means about 30 minutes' commute. We Americans don't know what water is, and all our coffee comes as an ingredient in $7 Starbucks milkshakes.

If you grow up eating food like this you get conditioned to it, so it's only going to get worse and the sizes are only going to get bigger. :(

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I miss the Selfie Olympics. :(

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

It's called "jazz" because it gets you jazzed up. :ms:

I think this means the human fingernail is now officially a form of computer.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Pictures:

Bullshit! I didn't get a cool nickname like Gothic Pain Nightdarkness when I became a Lesbine. :argh:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

C.M. Kruger posted:

Boner crimes!

Better call the :cumpolice:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

He just keeps feeding more into her like a roto-rooter.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

That is one ugly-rear end baby.

And who even took the picture? There's no room in that inflatable cauldron of placenta soup for a midwife!

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I have no strong feelings for Kanye West one way or another. :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

You can't be afraid to take a chance. Things will inevitably split apart, it happens to all of us, but time will heal those wounds. You just have to climb back on that pony and ride.

• Locked thread