Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

muscles like this? posted:

That doesn't exactly sound like the textbook definition of martyrdom. Usually it involves being killed for your beliefs, not being killed as part of your beliefs.

I'm sure these insane cultists were really concerned with the textbook rules-lawyer definition of 'martyrdom'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's still kinda unnerving for someone to get hosed up and kill their daughter and nieces. Not unbelievable, but still unnerving.

Kids drove her so crazy she had to take them for a ride down by the lake . . .

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

Wait, what? Why?

He was real real concerned with ensuring everyone knew the difference between a pedophile and an ephebophile. It seemed to be critically important to him.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Zesty Mordant posted:

This is that thing where it's too dumb to be sincere right?

No he's quite serious. The same artist also made a cartoon comparing obamacare to the holocaust ovens.

A goon did do the math and found like a 1000 people would have to die from dynamite daily to make the cartoon accurate though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

bean_shadow posted:

The arcade game "Polybius". There's no evidence this game existed at all but it's still a creepy urban legend, complete with insanity and shady Men in Black coming around to get information from the machines:.

I can confirm that this is bullshit. As someone who was a young child in 80s Portland I can definitively say that there were zero arcades in the suburbs.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The levels of overcompensating to title your prepper propaganda "I'm NOT Scared..." is unreal

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Busket Posket posted:

I’m sure after the Botham Jean fiasco that cops in the Dallas-Fort Worth area are going to be extra careful about shooting people in their own ho- OH WHOOPSIE DAISY

Just walks up and blasts her through the window, jesus christ.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

a mysterious cloak posted:

I'm either working in a pediatric craniofacial surgery unit, or I've discovered an evil wizard's lair or witch's coven. All possibilities are cool.

Please don't rearrange my collection.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

StrangersInTheNight posted:

No, but they absolutely all need tiny santa hats

it's the holidays, gosh darnit

When will the War On Christmas end?

smdh...

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

One of my favorite ancient medicine thingies is this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Smith_Papyrus

It's a literal medical journal of common injuries and diseases from their lives. It even includes detailed surgical procedures.

It really gives a great impression of "holy poo poo humans are smart when we put our heads together and pay attention"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

My 26F Husband 29M of 4 years thinks its weird I've never had the urge to kill someone, he says that is normal?

Ok so this is really weird. I don't really know where to start. So this morning he was mentioning how he doesn't like reading news stories where people get murdered and how his friends are really into slender man.

I mentioned I read the story of the two girls who stabbed their classmate for slender man. He got really offended I read news articles about murder. Like so offended you would have thought I said something horrible about his mother or something.

I asked him why it was such a big deal to him that if I see a news article about murder that I read it. He said because he doesn't want those articles to make me actually kill someone (bare with me, this sounds like a joke but its not). I told him I have never had the urge to kill someone? He said that it is normal and everyone has that urge.

I clarified with him if he meant like you are so mad you say it sarcastically or if it is a real urge and he said it is a real urge. He told me I was lying when I said I never wanted to kill someone.

I feel really weird now, he is a really normal happy guy who has had a good vanilla normal life. Should I urge him to go to therapy. This is all so weird.

You can always tell when someone's never worked retail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

the hip new boomer trend is blaming literally anything bad any company does on DEI. bridge struck by a boat? DEI. Boeing reaping what they've sown via decades of lovely manufacturing practices? DEI. ice cream machine broke at the McDonald's? DEI.