Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I feel like alot of people think of things as binary; Testosterone doesn't force people to be monsters, but it is probably a factor and bias things one way or another. It is definitely wrong to say hormones don't affect us mentally and why the hell would we be immune from hormones or have completely different reactions to hormones than other animals, especially ones that are only a few million years different than us?

Also, remember that guassian distributions describe a hell of alot of reality and we certainly aren't immune from being described by them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

AlbieQuirky posted:

These jokes really aren’t funny, not to be an rear end in a top hat about it.

Nobody who has experienced assault thinks of it as a thumbs-up on their attractiveness, trust.

It reminds me of how in the MJ doc Robson used that joke until he literally couldn't handle it anymore

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
The 'Amazons' were based on scythians and other caucasian tribes, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
:rolleye:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
They want their bodies to be found promptly and probably think the person would be relieved to find out, or perhaps out of spite

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

quite stretched out posted:

right click -> open in incognito window

Some places are actually catching wise to this. :(

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Pyrotoad posted:

This is why you can't get pills in big loose bottles anymore iirc - having to undo each individual pill from the blister packs gives you a lot of time to think.

This is a good post read it. Also suicide hotlines are set up for this exact purpose, you won't be bothering anyone I promise.

Well, in the UK at least. Over here in good ol murica you can get great honking 400 pill bottles of basically anything at costco. (Also, who the gently caress tries to kill themselves from paracetemol et al?)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
What I'm sure is an unnerving thing for some people is that there are those, like me, who really can't be helped. We bounce off of talk therapy hard because while we understand the methodology and what its supposed to do, there's just such apathy about it that isn't even a depressive 'why bother?'. It's just a 'no thanks, that doesn't sound interesting'. People have to want to be helped, and unfortunately sometimes the ability or desire to form enough of a connection with people to care just isn't there :shrug:.

Like I'm sure it's not a psychopathy for me cause I definitely feel and all (probably the 'tism or mild schizo)

Pvt.Scott posted:

My only real criticism of CBT is that it makes my balls ache.

... Isn't that the point?

Watermelon Daiquiri has a new favorite as of 03:16 on Mar 27, 2019

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Pizza is not a sandwich but curry is definitely a chili

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
sushi is a sandwich

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
so a carrot is a stew in and of itself? :hmmyes:

vvv : this guy gets it

Watermelon Daiquiri has a new favorite as of 22:11 on May 17, 2019

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Brown sugar, is there any real competition?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

A terrifying story that was new to me:

https://www.futilitycloset.com/2019/07/06/instructions/

The note goes on in bizarrely excruciating detail about all the features of the capsule.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Mackle_kidnapping

More details

Oh, I've seen this CSI episode.

Also they let that guy go on to become a doctor for fucks sake

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I'm Matt Danzeisen, owner of a Porsche SUV!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
We need especially unnerving stuff for this page.

I won't start.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
ooooorrrrrr they found two look a likes to escape :tinfoil:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

pookel posted:

Well, right, but I have heard it said that Aboriginal people who grew up in the wide open spaces of the Outback suffered especially in indoor confinement, but I didn't know if that was just paternalism and/or something that's not true in the modern era. Or a way of glossing over other reasons it might be worse for indigenous people (like, police brutality + racism).

Well, people's tolerance for open spaces vs enclosed is as variable as humanity itself. There's really no reason for it to be different for that particular ethnic group. Sure, there might be some environmental aspects but I doubt it'd be anything major especially since I'm sure they live like other people on that continent nowaday.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
bacon?????

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Canadian bacon is the best, obviously

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
That's more like a ghost in and of itself of shitposts

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Kiebland posted:

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who got major abuser vibes there.

Oh so that's why my eyes glazed over trying to read it.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Whooooole bunch of dead people found in a truck in England:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-50197691

For those wondering, it's a similar situation to that one railcar found with a bunch of dead people, or even the trucks coming up from mexico that have people die during the trafficking. This is also a case of trafficking-gone-even-worse.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
So will african countries become the new china in terms of cheap manufacturing?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

NatasDog posted:

This one wasn't overturned, but the New Yorker did one on Cameron Todd Willingham that was one of my favorite early reads. I think I found it itt actually.

this one just makes you want to bash peoples heads in even more

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Well, I'm unnerved. Congratulations on being alive!

Uhh I'm rather sure that DemonDarkhorse was the one unnerved here

:v:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

That judge has crazy eyes

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I drink a ton of grape koolaid :shrug:

e: wow what a snipe

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

The Golden Gael posted:

I won't link because I've done a fine enough job clogging up the thread already, but I researched a story on a guy named Murf the Surf who was exactly that. Charming as hell, a swindler, and convicted on murder (he denies it). While locked up he found God, a sympathetic reporter who became his wife, and managed to get out. He's born again now and spends his time telling people not to lie cheat and steal.

mate please clog this thread up

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
spironolactone can work to remove sexual urges

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There’s a Netflix doc about the Valley’s infamous John Kreese blowing up right about now

oh you're making a glib statement about cobra kai. I was wondering wtf documentary you were talking about lol

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Oh boy :D

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
:justpost:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
How does the 'mitochondrial eve' work anyways? Surely its not saying that we as a species got to such a bottleneck. Is it more like 'this is dna thats survived throughout all of history'?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

lizard_phunk posted:

A little late to the party but "No evidence of Neanderthal mitochondrial DNA has been found in modern humans. This suggests that successful Neanderthal admixture happened in pairings with Neanderthal males and modern human females."

For further reading, Wikipedia and the references are pretty good.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interbreeding_between_archaic_and_modern_humans#Mitochondrial_DNA_and_Y_chromosome

Or maybe neanderthals are like the elves in that one 'LOTR Elf Sex Effort Post in the A/T thread from a guy making custom elf dildos'

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ehhh I'm still leaning towards sounding tentacles

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Jesus christ. Capitalism must fall.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
'serious' is subjective

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
the admins hid it because of doxxing danger or something like that

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
yes but thats from parole and not getting your conviction overturned because "Jordan has already served some 11 years of her sentence, more than 70 percent of her likely provisional sentence; and the State does not argue that Jordan will pose a danger to the public if released"

like, thats literally the judges agreeing 'ehhhhh thats good enough. look at how sorry she is!!!' when almost anyone else would have the govt fighting tooth and nail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
long island serial killer?