Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

This was posted in the last thread. Basically a page for a killer who has been on the run since the 80s. The 3D image of the man's face is horrifying, and the audio of the voicemail message the killer left one of his future victims is on the page, which is utterly chilling:

http://www.ear-ons.com/index2.html

The image looks super goofy to me and I don't want to hear him taunt/threaten his victim because I'd prefer it to stay that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mr. Kurtz posted:

In reply to the talk about Hiroshima, people might want to check out Barefoot Gen which is a Manga written from the standpoint of a hibakusha which if I recall from my undergrad days means something like "blast oriented person," or someone who was near one of the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan. Barefoot Gen has some seriously, seriously disturbing images. The scenes when he visits the river are forever scarred in my brain.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe hibakusha was an actual legal designation from the Japanese government. If I recall, some who survived the blast but weren't "that close" to it weren't considered hibakusha. Why that matters I am not sure.

Wikipedia has a pretty detailed article on hibakusha, too. The reason why some survivors are disqualified is probably because all hibakusha get a special allowance from the government and those who suffer from bomb-related health complications have their medical fees taken care of. Gotta keep costs down.

Apparently a lot of people don't understand how radiation sickness works, and the survivors get discriminated against because of that. As if getting nuked wasn't enough of an insult.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

quote:

It's the second major bee attack in Arizona in the last month—about 10,000 bees swarmed into a Surprise, AZ couple's home in September, forcing firefighters to douse the house in foam.

Holy loving poo poo.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Apparently the HBO documentary on it tries to argue that tooth abscesses caused her to get totally smashed in order to dull the pain. I guess her second attempt was fairly successful.

Her husband sounds like a total jackass who won't admit to himself that his wife had a drug problem.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Pharnakes posted:

Poison seems a strange sort of unplanned murder? Suicide seems the only reasonable explanation to me, witnesses state he was still alive if very sick when on the beach, if you were killing someone deliberately or otherwise I'd have thought you would at least make sure they were dead before you dump the body, at least in a public-ish spot.

Keep in mind, it's Australia. For all we know, he found a new, horrible creature on the beach.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah it takes a different tack somewhat, which is interesting given the reading in this thread.

That's fair. Maybe the husband really is right, but I really doubt there's a real mystery to the tragedy. I think the argument the documentary makes is just too far-fetched, and may only exist because of the husband's insistence or their need to make more of a story out of it than "Irresponsible drunk is irresponsible drunk, kills many."

Arsonist Daria has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Dec 1, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

If you tell us that, then surely you flunked.... :negative:

Don't bother, they've already been taken away in black vans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

slinkimalinki posted:

If you drink every time the sister-in-law says "it's ironic", you'll end up drunker than Diane Schuler.

This might have been the problem to begin with.