Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

All on Black posted:

It reminds me of something 50 Foot Ant once posted about a little girl who was brought to a hospital and found to be literally rotting from the inside out. I'm hoping this story is fake too because I'd like to believe health care professionals don't post patient information in lurid, pulp-magazine story format on the internet on a regular basis.

it was posted by 50 Foot Ant, it was probably not true and also about how he beat someone up and also has a hot pregnant wife (so hot (so pregnant))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

khruschev was obsessed with corn

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

In a similar vein, Times Beach is a now-abandoned vacation town in Missouri. Everything was fine and cool until they paid a dude to oil the roads. He oiled them with Agent Orange run-off.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

goatse.cx posted:

One part stood out to me in particular. DC-8??? Why?

because Hubbard was cripplingly unimaginative

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Even the progressive countries of Europe?!

yeah man you stick it to those people who aren't posting in this thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yvershek posted:

"Goetz's racial language about criminal activity on 14th Street, allegedly made at a community meeting 18 months before the shooting, "The only way we're going to clean up this street is to get rid of the spics and niggers," was offered as evidence of racial motivation for the shooting."

Please don't buy him an account.

idk seems like he'd be right at home in D&D

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Your Gay Uncle posted:

After his 4th or 5th tirade about how there are literal hordes of paranoid schizophrenics waiting to skin your children alive I had to unsubscribe.

reading that one episode summary about how there are mentally ill people lurking around every corner waiting to murder you was really loving strange and I have never heard of this podcast before

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Dude, seriously? Not loving cool. I just opened a giant picture of a micropenis at work. Thanks, prick.

y'all deserve it for not hovering over the link, smdh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i enjoy that there are still people who take the time to reply to doctor gitmo moneyson's nonsense bullshit words that mean nothing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

There's this weird marxist fascination with medieval villages, where nobody was alienated from the products of their labor and everyone was a meaningful, fully integrated part of the community and lived fully satisfied with tons of free time right up until they died of a burst appendix or plague.

the gently caress do american liberals have to to with marxism

e: the gently caress does this have to do with wikipedia

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Everyone says WWII was the only morally justified war, but it really wasn't. The nukes were wrong, Dresden was wrong, the internment camps were wong...there were no good guys. The US, UK, and Russia have always been villians and the Holocaust or Imperial Japanese war crimes didn't change that.

Shut The gently caress Up, WickedHate

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

It's a few miles away. If it were actually on the battlefield, that would be different. And Solice Kirsk is right: it does sound fun.

The Alamo is surrounded by all kinds of huge buildings.

the alamo is a monument to the failure of slave owners and should be preserved forever

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the vast unbelievable conspiracy that the police are killing black people

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dr. Benway posted:

Since when did Sa become tumblr? Was this during the great 2.0/byob/fyad/2.1/gbs/somehow ended up here non event?

the gently caress prompted this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wow, i can't believe you would say that, look at this guy here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rondette posted:

Is this really happening. The Holocaust trump card. We might as well close the thread then because nothing can beat the Holocaust!

Please can we stop arguing over this because I really like this thread and when we say 'I can't imagine anything worse than being crushed to death by other people' we are saying it speculatively and of course there are many many other equally horrible ways to die like being trapped on a ghost plane or gassed or operated on while you're still alive or burnt to death or bisected by a train or drowned by mud in a suit of armour or starved or lost in a wilderness etc etc Jesus H Christ. Oh yeah, crucified too.

know what's worse than a thread you like going to poo poo?

yeah that's right THE KHMER ROUGE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

Didn't Sword and Scale get really weird or creepy about something, and not in a good way? I have a really vague memory of something like that happening

if I'm remembering the right podcast, the Sword and Scale guy seems to be deathly afraid of schizophrenic people and, ironically enough, is super paranoid that at any moment he'll be skinned alive and gutted by one

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Part of the reason for that might be it was the marshal's action which caused the accident. He ran onto an active track without permission and the driver was unable to avoid him

he was part of a three-man team running across the track to help a driver who'd crashed and who's car was on fire. The other two managed to avoided Pryce's car.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WickedHate posted:

It's the same them of the law being weird and ineffective.

Yeah wickedhate don't you just wish you could take the law into your own hands.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Appropriately enough, Bierce himself vanished off the face of the earth after he may or may not have gone to Mexico during the Mexican Revolution

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Freudian posted:

So did the fluffy thing just grow naturally or

you've never seen pictures of wandering domo-kuns?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"yeah, I'LL be the person to defend Uber, that's MY life"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Anyone else remember that guy who did the very polarizing Dragon Age 2 LP on this forum, and after a ton of drama surrounding it eventually got banned for good when he tried to do a New Vegas gimmick LP as Varg Vilkernes?

man what a tryhard

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volume posted:

How does an LP cause drama?

the LP subforum is a special place with special people

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

What exactly was polorizing about the DA2 LP though?

it seemed to almost be intentionally low-quality and the jokes were bad

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HUMAN FISH posted:

A lot like the game itself

that was the main defense of the thread :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Playing video games and making sub par MST3K commentary on the internet is a big deal and should be taken seriously. If you're not gonna put out a quality product it's not just insulting, it's irresponsible.

throwing stones at LP while posting in PYF isn't a glass house, it's a shack made of rock candy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flosofl posted:

The Pine Barrens in NJ are infamous for this. Step in to the Pine Barrens and never seen again.

well no poo poo, the Jersey Devil eats you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pharnakes posted:

In what way is Odessa "just outside Keiv"? They're practically at opposite ends of the country :psyduck:

They're just a few inches apart on this map!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Every PYF Thread Is The SameTM

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wickedhate cares very deeply for the sanctity of the dead, and also making more dead people via vigilante murder

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the gently caress is happening right now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Delivery McGee posted:

(And fuckin' nutjobs on the second level chomping at the bit -- see...Tom Power. Some men just want to watch the world burn.)

okay i tried looking this guy up and all i got were a baseball player who's been dead for 100 years and some Canadian radio DJ or something?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

between "hey maybe some people who got lynched were guilty" and people unironically talking about social darwinism we're an asses' hair away from eugenics approval up in here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tenkaris posted:

Anytime this comparative worth of an evil person kinda debate comes up I end up thinking about that Most Evil series, where a psychologist categorizes and ranks famous mass murderers of recent history against each other. I'm sure Ted Bundy and David Parker Ray were two of the max score episodes, can't remember the others though.

Leonard Lake and Charles Ng are the only others who jump to mind.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Loucks posted:

Yeah, this sort of thing is not that uncommon.

If I went to the shooting range and shot the person in the next lane to death I'd eat at least a manslaughter charge, because we recognize that guns are really dangerous and expect people to exercise care with them. Not so much cars, because it's super important that we be able to make a costco run and buy a bale to TP and pallet of soda on a whim.

I'm starting to think you have a Stephen King avatar for a reason

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

By making more lovely music is my guess. Never liked her work and she always seemed to take herself too seriously. Not that she deserved any of that obviously. "Make more garbage music" is how a lot of musicians cope.

you make a lot of bad posts, especially in this thread, but this is the most gently caress awful one yet

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Detective Thompson posted:

There's an article that I'm pretty sure was posted here. It was about a WWII vet not too long after the war ended that went on a shooting spree in his small town and killed a bunch of people, including a kid getting his hair cut. The man that wrote the article either went down that day or the next day and wrote a really good piece in a very short amount of time. I think the article won an award. Anyone remember it?

It sounds like you're talking about the Howard Unruh shooting, so start there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what a boering conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people gave you so many outs and you chose the worst one, congrats