Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gavok posted:

King of Trios tickets are on sale for 9/19-9/21. Front row tickets are crazy expensive, but I bought them for Night 3 because I'm on a tax refund high.

The vibe I got from the show last night was that they seemed a lot more commercially minded. I know the advertisements served a practical purpose - so all the wrestlers could head to the back, the referees changed over etc. Yet form the opinion whether they are keeping the oft mentioned CHIKARA accountant happy or Quack is squeezing dem marks dry, brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

EugeneJ posted:

I just realized that AIW is booking Grado September 5th-7th and therefore there's a chance he could be at KOT

Oh my goodness

John Thorne says GRADO will be home by then.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

fuzzy_logic posted:

Any chance of him going on to bigger and better, or is he too short? He's already conditioned to hell and back unlike most indy guys I've seen.

One of the reasons you don't see him elsewhere is that apparently really hard to deal with and tends to end up no showing shows.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
He hates Chris Hero personally. Eddie BURIED him in his last shoot interview.

rovert fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jun 19, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Didn't Johnny Jeter drop off the face of the earth post Spirit Squad? Was watching old OVW and the dude seemed really talented. Glad to see him appear somewhere.

Yeah it is a turn up for the books. He is an accountant now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
10.05.14 #WrestlingIsInspiring

How much money is Stroud fronting for this?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

They really don't seem to be bringing in much in the way of cool outside talent.:( I think the only non Chikara person they've announced so far is Thunderkitty.

Edit : I guess there's the British guys as well, who might be great for all I know but I've never heard of them.

I do think CHIKARA are being carny here in general. But in their defence flights from Japan have skyrocketed in price. It is one of reasons DGUSA brought in less and less talent from there.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

Bring in some big name US guys then who work Japan like the Bucks. Bucks have a history there and seem to get along well with Quack, and you could toss in Doc Gallows as their partner if you don't want to splurge on AJ. Or Adam Cole for a PWG team.

Which is why I think they have been carny especially when it came to pricing front row tickets.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a great war going on on the CHIKARA 101 board between those let down my King of Trios and true believers

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

It's more than likely that TNA just dropped their really stupid requirements for using TNA talent since TNA is basically just an indy with a TV deal now.

Seems like I was the only person in the World who read this in the Observer. They have dropped the requirement at least to some degree.

TNA pulled Havok off the WSU show yesterday. CZW's DJ Hyde owns that now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
CHIKARA isn't in my Fave 5 these days but this is great.

Professional wrestlers to meet at King of Trios 2014 in Easton http://www.wfmz.com/news/Sunrise/professional-wrestlers-to-meet-at-king-of-trios-2014-in-easton/28120642

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

Night 1 is already up at smvod.com.

Yeah it is pretty remarkable:
http://smvod.com/products/chikara-september-19-2014-king-of-trios-night-1-easton-pa

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

OmegaBR posted:

I thought it was Bam Neely at first.

Makes sense as Chavo was on the show

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Great work, Gavok. Love the format/layout.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I genuinely worry about the UK shows. CHIKARA's promotional partner Fight Club: PRO has a lot of enemies that could tip off UK customs that the wrestlers are coming over. Just hope CHIKARA gets the guys work visas.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

Rovert do you know who Chikara's partnering with in London, as everyone I've asked from the decent London promotions seem to know nothing about it.

Yeah I don't know either. It was PROGRESS's old building obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gavok posted:

So did they have a falling out with Smart Mark or something? Because they have the season premiere available through Chikaratopia, but not through SMV. Ah well. I might as well download it now that I've discovered that NPWD isn't even going to be streaming online.

They just wanted to take it in house. CHIKARA felt SMV's failure to evolve was holding them back. The counter argument is the quality of SMV's productions and their turnaround times that will be hard to match. The in house CHIKARA team apparently doesn't have too much experience and certainly not at level of SMV.

• Locked thread