Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro

Gimbal lock posted:

Mimic Quest:
You are a mimic. You can transform into different objects, not just a treasure chest. You must eat the humans and not get caught while doing it. You discover new and exciting ways to transform and eat people.
love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
A game where you're at a bar trying to pick up a one night stand except you can't talk to people unless you've had enough to drink but the more you drink the less good dialog options you get until it's last call and you go home with the fat chick in the corner again.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
A dating sim where everything goes wrong but it wasn't your fault and you have to prove it to your date.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

...Starring Adam Sandler.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A game based on the ensemble romantic comedies Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve, and like Friday the 13th for the NES you can play as any character and if they die they stay dead. Also the platforming will be real bad.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i would like to play a game where you have Locked-In Syndrome and must begin, and maintain a healthy sexual relationship. then, once you're married you become a star ship pilot and must destory an evil empire. all via your eyes

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
a scrolling shoot em up where you're also a war photographer, and you automatically take a picture whenever you stop shooting. it has an irrelevant complex score system to give you maximum points for specific arrangements of enemies so people can sperg out identifying optimal patterns if they want, but you can ignore it without getting hosed over. and anyway if there's explosions and foreign poo poo getting wrecked in your photos people back home are impressed and you get powerups, if you stopped shooting because it was your rear end that got kicked people get discouraged with the war effort and maybe the next level won't go so well, either. uhh commit war crimes (firing upon ejected enemy pilots, firing on villages and civilians) for covert bonuses, but if you let a picture get taken of it, you get an angry letter from the president. there would be a really cool monochromatic effect and a satisfying click to indicate photo snapping.

it would have an extremely loving black metal+1920s-40s aesthetic and cover some sort of world war 1½ setting, like trenches that you turn into rivers of blood and zeppelins, but also quasi-nazi imagery everywhere to slaughter indiscriminately. and the pajandrum, and winter war poo poo with tanks tearing through snowy forests. and a brutal, weird as heck hardcore electronic metal soundtrack

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cobweb Heart posted:

a scrolling shoot em up where you're also a war photographer, and you automatically take a picture whenever you stop shooting. it has an irrelevant complex score system to give you maximum points for specific arrangements of enemies so people can sperg out identifying optimal patterns if they want, but you can ignore it without getting hosed over. and anyway if there's explosions and foreign poo poo getting wrecked in your photos people back home are impressed and you get powerups, if you stopped shooting because it was your rear end that got kicked people get discouraged with the war effort and maybe the next level won't go so well, either. uhh commit war crimes (firing upon ejected enemy pilots, firing on villages and civilians) for covert bonuses, but if you let a picture get taken of it, you get an angry letter from the president. there would be a really cool monochromatic effect and a satisfying click to indicate photo snapping.

it would have an extremely loving black metal+1920s-40s aesthetic and cover some sort of world war 1½ setting, like trenches that you turn into rivers of blood and zeppelins, but also quasi-nazi imagery everywhere to slaughter indiscriminately. and the pajandrum, and winter war poo poo with tanks tearing through snowy forests. and a brutal, weird as heck hardcore electronic metal soundtrack

streamlining this: it's pokemon snap but each level is set during a different war. taking the right pictures and throwing rocks at the right things will create unique photo opportunities (i.e. if you throw a rock at your driver's head to distract him, your jeep will run over a vietnamese child, but if you throw the rock at the kid she'll run into the path of an incoming stream of napalm. the choice is yours!) more tragedy means more points

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

this is pokemon snap, right? makes me laugh every time i see it, so yeah, i agree

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

jerkcity roguelike

weed themed bubble bobble

a dragonball z... moba... where you have to actually work out to get stronger... creating a new breed of fit nerds

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

FactsAreUseless posted:

A game based on the ensemble romantic comedies Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve, and like Friday the 13th for the NES you can play as any character and if they die they stay dead. Also the platforming will be real bad.

add Dead Rising-style time constraints ("gently caress, if I don't get Hilary Swank to the top of the Flatiron building by 11:30 game time I can't be with Bobby DeNiro when he dies!") and I am IN

Cobweb Heart posted:

jerkcity roguelike

sold

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

caps lock must be on to play

G: suck cock
H: suck cock
A: suck cock
L: suck cock

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Adam Sandler just got fired so he goes postal in Hollywood.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
A zombie game where Robin Williams comes back with an undead army. You and Bill Murray have to stop him.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

A dating sim where every romance story ends with the object of your affection realizing that you're a complete sociopath who fixated on them and then restructured your life to appeal to them, so they leave you because you're a nutbar. The secret character is also a sociopath and the two of you ride off into the sunset being creepy sociopaths together.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

RulerSmack posted:

A zombie game where Robin Williams comes back with an undead army. You and Bill Murray have to stop him.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
A dating sim where your prospects are all just annoying or dumb enough to bother you, but you're too apathetic to look elsewhere. There's a meter that constantly fills on the side of the screen.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

RulerSmack posted:

Actually, now that I think about it...

Ghost of Robin Williams comes back to haunt the city of LA. You choose between playing as Bill Murray with a proton pack or Bill Cosby the Ghost Dad. Either way you gotta stop him haunting the city.

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro
Stealth game that doesn't consider getting knocked out or caught a failure condition, but instead upon either of those, you get tortured for info; offered release upon betraying your cause, sabotaging or being a double agent; obtain an opportunity to escape and resume the mission or get new objectives; or some combo of those, in addition to other things.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Kerbal space program, but instead of a rocket, you build a human centipede.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

No Such Thing posted:

Kerbal space program, but instead of a rocket, you build a human centipede.

what would the failure condition be

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

what would the failure condition be

have like a little nintendogs like room where you can play ball or take it for a walk to keep its health up before you give it a few new limbs or replace its hair with teeth. And then after a given amount of time it must do battle with other human centepedes. The fail state is death obv

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you are a cat and you gotta make the people in the house like you while still ruining all their stuff

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Real hurthling! posted:

you are a cat and you gotta make the people in the house like you while still ruining all their stuff

http://www.catlateraldamage.com/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ok then you are a tiny man made of cheese that lives in a cat exo skeleton and you've gotta save yourself from some wily mouse dudes without blowing your cover to the family cause they're french and want to eat you too but you need them to pet your robo cat suit because its powered by static electricy.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

A game where you can go anywhere in the world and do anything you can do in real life. You start out as a baby crawling around and you have to learn to walk and talk. Eventually you grow up (in real time) and you can do more things. You can make friends, get a girlfriend, get married, have kids, get hired at an in-game job that you have to go to every day or else you get fired. You have to eat during the day and sleep at night and if you don't you die and that's the end of the game, you cant restart. Any store that exists in real life is in the game and is located where it exists in real life, just like everything else, and you can go inside every store and buy anything they would really have. If you commit a crime in the game you go to jail and then that's the game until you get out of jail (or escape), and you have to sit in your cell reading the bible & waiting for the next conjugal visit. There would be no loading times at all. It would be called Life: the game, it would cost $500 to buy because of how big it is. In the game you could buy all games that came out & then new games will be added to the game and you can play them in your living room that you could decorate with anything like a moose head or a dvd shelf (you can watch dvds in the game). Theres pets in the game and you have to take care of them. Some people will be randomly assigned to grow up in a house with a dog in it. The dogs name and breed would be randomized and you would have to watch out not to make it angry. Cats are in the game too. The graphics would be top of the line and would update every month to maintain how it looks as graphics get better. You could switch between third person and first person. You would have to go to school and do what the teacher says. You would have to take tests and pass them or else you would be held back. You would be able to send and receive mail. It would be up to you if you want to own a house or an apartment. If your neighbors are loud or rude, you would have to knock on their door and have a talk with them. The weather would change every day according to what the weather was like in real life. Sometimes it'll rain. If you dont have an umbrella, youd have to buy one.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
A game where you are the soul of an aborted baby inhabiting a stem cell used for research in an amoral big pharma lab. the eventual goal of the game is to escape the lab and spontaneously generate into a baby. along the way you get used in all kinds of research where you can make deep moral choices like you can either heal a paraplegic person or decide to give them a teratoma.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sir John Feelgood posted:

A game where you can go anywhere in the world and do anything you can do in real life. You start out as a baby crawling around and you have to learn to walk and talk. Eventually you grow up (in real time) and you can do more things. You can make friends, get a girlfriend, get married, have kids, get hired at an in-game job that you have to go to every day or else you get fired. You have to eat during the day and sleep at night and if you don't you die and that's the end of the game, you cant restart. Any store that exists in real life is in the game and is located where it exists in real life, just like everything else, and you can go inside every store and buy anything they would really have. If you commit a crime in the game you go to jail and then that's the game until you get out of jail (or escape), and you have to sit in your cell reading the bible & waiting for the next conjugal visit. There would be no loading times at all. It would be called Life: the game, it would cost $500 to buy because of how big it is. In the game you could buy all games that came out & then new games will be added to the game and you can play them in your living room that you could decorate with anything like a moose head or a dvd shelf (you can watch dvds in the game). Theres pets in the game and you have to take care of them. Some people will be randomly assigned to grow up in a house with a dog in it. The dogs name and breed would be randomized and you would have to watch out not to make it angry. Cats are in the game too. The graphics would be top of the line and would update every month to maintain how it looks as graphics get better. You could switch between third person and first person. You would have to go to school and do what the teacher says. You would have to take tests and pass them or else you would be held back. You would be able to send and receive mail. It would be up to you if you want to own a house or an apartment. If your neighbors are loud or rude, you would have to knock on their door and have a talk with them. The weather would change every day according to what the weather was like in real life. Sometimes it'll rain. If you dont have an umbrella, youd have to buy one.

LIKE: The crime, conjugal visits. Attention to detail is unparalleled.
DISLIKE: Inventory management. Endgame is unfulfilling.
FUN FACTOR: 1.5 of 5

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

MoeShock. You're a cyberImouto. Stronger. Faster. More powerful than your average little sister. In a dark dystopia of MoePunk NeoTokyo, you need to find your past. You need to protect Japan from the new specter of otakuterrorism in this new global era. You need to pick the cutest t-shirt to go with that hair-bow you got on sale last week.

Attorney at Funk posted:

senpai has noticed you. run while you can

Come for the action. Stay for the long lectures by maid cafe waitresses about the ethics of moeifying animals.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
a small game where you are god and you are trying to save the life of a man heading to church to confess his sins. if he dies you just rewind time back to the start of the his walk.

he dies from increasingly random measures as the things you do to prevent his death cause further and further disaster upon the short road he takes to get to church and your quest to save him takes him in strange and exciting directions and then he gets to church and in a epic twist that would make Ken Levines head spin, he renounces his faith after all the poo poo you pulled, so you just go back to the first day and smite the fucker with lightning for good measure

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

a small game where you are god and you are trying to save the life of a man heading to church to confess his sins. if he dies you just rewind time back to the start of the his walk.

he dies from increasingly random measures as the things you do to prevent his death cause further and further disaster upon the short road he takes to get to church and your quest to save him takes him in strange and exciting directions and then he gets to church and in a epic twist that would make Ken Levines head spin, he renounces his faith after all the poo poo you pulled, so you just go back to the first day and smite the fucker with lightning for good measure

nice

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
A paparazzi game that plays like Hitman: Blood Money. You sneak into locales like a yacht party or the set of a film and disguise as one of the many NPC's doing cyclical animation loops. Wait for or set up your targets and capture them in the act doing scandalous things. You're graded on the severity of the act and how well you captured it on film. Then you have to make it to your getaway vehicle while everyone is on full alert trying to beat you down and smash your camera.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Action Tortoise posted:

A paparazzi game that plays like Hitman: Blood Money. You sneak into locales like a yacht party or the set of a film and disguise as one of the many NPC's doing cyclical animation loops. Wait for or set up your targets and capture them in the act doing scandalous things. You're graded on the severity of the act and how well you captured it on film. Then you have to make it to your getaway vehicle while everyone is on full alert trying to beat you down and smash your camera.

I always wanted a mod for minecraft that gave you a camera. Except instead of just taking screenshots you had to develop the film and then make prints from the negatives. Of course I'm probably 1 of like 5 people who would have enough fun manually processing screenshots instead of just taking them.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
i'm working on what is basically a mini-campaign for EYE where your goal is to resurrect a legendary psychic so he can use his immense power to recharge an entity called a Coffin Dancer. The role of the coffin dancer is basically to keep this hole in spacetime shut so it doesn't release any more interdimensional fuckers than it already does. What it actually does, however, is enhance the power of the aforementioned psychic to that of a demigod. Turns out the psychic (and you find this out through in-game hints and dialogue and poo poo) is a bit of a warmongering dickhead, who recharges the coffin dancer by killing tons and tons of people and trapping their souls in it. So to bring the guy back from beyond the grave you've gotta collect 4 objects crucial to the process, his skull, his sword, his soul, and the tech necessary for the resurrection process. Those are located in his tomb, an opulent nightclub, the body of a looter boss, and an abandoned industrial site respectively, all of which (along with bonus levels) will be accessed from a central hub area that's hopefully not as boring as the vanilla game's temple.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Great Joe posted:

Actually, now that I think about it...

Ghost of Robin Williams comes back to haunt the city of LA. You choose between playing as Bill Murray with a proton pack or Bill Cosby the Ghost Dad. Either way you gotta stop him haunting the city.

Does it have to be just LA? Robin Williams could barely get away and move on to the next major city getting stronger as you upgrade the proton pack to finally catch him.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 15, 2014

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
A satire MMO that makes fun of all the lovely ones while presenting a unique story with twists and turns.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

RulerSmack posted:

A satire MMO that makes fun of all the lovely ones while presenting a unique story with twists and turns.

Kingdom of loathing?

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
A game where you have to figure out all the tricks,spots,etc to get through the game as fast as possible.

SeXReX posted:

Kingdom of loathing?

!!!

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Cobweb Heart posted:

a scrolling shoot em up where you're also a war photographer, and you automatically take a picture whenever you stop shooting. it has an irrelevant complex score system to give you maximum points for specific arrangements of enemies so people can sperg out identifying optimal patterns if they want, but you can ignore it without getting hosed over.

trigger warning: touhou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf8gY6JydS4

i would kill for this concept being done in a ddp / ketsui style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Every character from every game, movie, tv, and book universe comes in for a huge party, and you have to solve a murder mystery when they all get locked inside. There's also a dating sim.

• Locked thread