Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

DeathChicken posted:

I can only imagine things would be weird if he came back to WWE and Batista was still there.

Vince: YOU PUSSY, REMEMBER WHEN HE hosed YOUR GIRLFRIEND FIVE YEARS AGO? FIGHT HIM! THEN I'LL FIRE YOU FOR STARTING A FIGHT!

If Batista still looked badass and not like a stupid dumpy infant, then I might root for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

No idea how informed Dan Ryckert of Game Informer is, but:

@DanRyckert posted:

Hearing rumors that Daniel Bryan has suffered a neck injury, and will announce that he has to take a break on Raw. Hoping it's not true.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Orgophlax posted:

... Well, poo poo. If he takes a significant, multi-month break, would they hold a tourney for an interim champ, then have a unification match when Bryan's back?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'd wait to hear from an actual wrestling source before speculating on an injury, much less one long enough to necessitate an interim champ.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
We killed Daniel Bryan. This is our fault.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Orgophlax posted:

He's written some stuff about wrestling in general and is a recurring member of the Power Bombcast,

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The Demon Kane has gone too far this time.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Teddybear posted:

... Well, poo poo. If he takes a significant, multi-month break, would they hold a tourney for an interim champ, then have a unification match when Bryan's back?

From SEScoops (the people who originally reported Bryan's concussion before the Rumble), he should be back by Money in the Bank at the latest.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

If this is seriously true that's a massive stall after he has only defended it once, and against Kane of all people.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Lance Storm is talking to Alice Radley (she's one of the LAW people, right?) about it on twitter.

quote:

@AliceRadley

For those who haven't heard, apparently Bryan has a neck injury, and needs a procedure. They don't seem to be calling it surgery.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
PWInsider says

quote:

DANIEL BRYAN INJURY
By Mike Johnson on 2014-05-12 18:56:15
The word making rounds backstage is that Daniel Bryan is dealing with some sort of neck issue that will keep him out of the ring on Raw tonight.

We'll have more as it's confirmed.

Another dirtsheet says

quote:

It’s no secret that Daniel Bryan doesn’t speak out backstage and doesn’t carry an ego. It’s been noted here on DWN how most top stars will question WWE creative decisions but Bryan won’t.

Word from backstage is that even Bryan questioned the logic from last week’s RAW where creative had him “running scared” from Kane.

Elsewhere in the company, like online with fans, the booking was greeted with an overwhelming degree of pessimism. One observer commented, “if this is Triple H’s way of slowly killing Bryan’s momentum, it’s working.”

edit:

lordsofpain.net

quote:

- We noted before that plans for WWE Payback had been changing at RAW this afternoon. Word now is that WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan is taking a few weeks off due to a neck injury and could be missing Payback. The injury is expected to be announced on RAW tonight.

Bryan will most likely need a minimally-invasive neck "procedure" to fix the injury. If all goes well, he could be back in time for Payback. A source at RAW notes that Bryan has been quiet backstage all day.

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 13, 2014

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Another lovely thing that wouldn't have derailed things if they just gave him the title in October. :toot:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've seen these movies before. The only way to end the curse is to give the belt to someone else.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sweeney Tom posted:

I've seen these movies before. The only way to end the curse is to give the belt to someone else.

Clearly the most prudent course of action then would be to put it on Triple H. He'd only have to wrestle one or two times a month, so he'd be at much less risk of this poo poo in comparison to the everyday wrestlers.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Well, it's been fun Daniel.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Money in the bank isn't that far out is it? Just stall for time, hold a tourney or something for #1 contender then hopefully he's back by then.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
DB doesn't even need a casket match to be buried alive.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Here's a novel thought. When you put a title on a workhorse, maybe not run him so hard?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
A whole lot of terrible things have been happening to Bryan since experiencing two of the biggest things in his life. This is some lovely loving bad luck.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

coconono posted:

Here's a novel thought. When you put a title on a workhorse, maybe not run him so hard?

It's super nuts that Bryan's worked about 450 matches in the last two years.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I really look forward to Daniel Bryan coming out with like Cesaro and Rollins or something over a flaming waste bin "The internet's got the scoops brother, the neck is ok..." as he tosses some retro observers in the bin.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Money in the bank isn't that far out is it? Just stall for time, hold a tourney or something for #1 contender then hopefully he's back by then.

MITB is June 29th.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
If he's genuinely injured then he should relinquish the belt. Nothing worse than an injured champion

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

If he's genuinely injured then he should relinquish the belt. Nothing worse than an injured champion

i dunno Kane as champ sounds worse to me

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Hey it worked for Ziggl.... oh

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Commissar Ken posted:

I really look forward to Daniel Bryan coming out with like Cesaro and Rollins or something over a flaming waste bin "The internet's got the scoops brother, the neck is ok..." as he tosses some retro observers in the bin.

I really can't see that as a likely scenario.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Dolph Ziggler. He finally gets his due but is derailed due to injury and won't sniff another title reign for a long time if at all. Still at least the main storyline got some satisfaction at Mania.

They should up the dates for Brock. Have him come out and kill Bryan for the belts at a PPV and everyone shits cause he's a loose cannon with limited dates. They throw everyone at him until Bryan comes back and takes the belt at a big PPV after healing. Or...hey...Cesaro turns on Heyman and wins the belts.

Paul Hey man can continue to be smug. Anything but abandoning the belt and a tourney.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

NienNunb posted:

I really can't see that as a likely scenario.

Hey it worked for Mach-... oh.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Relax people, the longest of these projections had him out until MITB. He's a pro wrestler, he'll be back soon whether or not it's a good idea for his long term health or well-being.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Maybe he should take some HGH and steroids to treat his neck like Kurt Angle did.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Batista was smart to stay away from Bryan's post-Mania trainwreck.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kevin Nash tore his triceps when he had the title and they told him he'd be out for 9 months. What's he do? Get it reattached, sit out 3 weeks, and have his wife squeeze all the blood and goop out of his swollen arm once a week after that.

:barf:

What I'm saying is wrestlers are insane and he'll be back in 2 weeks wearing a halo.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 13, 2014

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

Kevin Nash tore his triceps when he had the title and they told him he'd be out for 9 months. What's he do? Get it reattached, sit out 3 weeks, and have his wife squeeze all the blood and goop out of his swollen arm once a week after that.

:barf:

Holy gently caress. The origin of 'The Squisher'

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Elsewhere in the company, like online with fans, the booking was greeted with an overwhelming degree of pessimism. One observer commented, “if this is Triple H’s way of slowly killing Bryan’s momentum, it’s working.”

That's one way to attribute a fake quote to 'Wrestling Observer'

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Not that bad, tbh. Brie's face wasn't quite right so I touched it up a little

It's beautiful, thank you.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
Ignore wrong thread.

Pariah Rex fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 13, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jason Funk posted:

BEST IN THE WORLD

at not exercising anymore

If he doesn't want to exercise anymore, he shouldn't need to.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
So that's what happened to Ace Steele.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Huh, I guess Nikki really is turning heel. Neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Edit: whoops

• Locked thread