Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Well, that saved tonight's Raw. Demon puppy! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Edge & Christian posted:

But they did treat it pretty seriously for the year before I started watching regularly, and then again in early 2000 it was traded around by a bunch of future main eventers. So you may have a point. It was treated as an afterthought for a lot of its run, but even the dumbest former European champions (Mideon, Shane McMahon, Test, Crash Holly Al Snow) aren't really any worse than the dumbest former US champions from the same period (Mongo McMichael, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, David Flair, 48 year old Roddy Piper).

You could switch it up with the IC title, too. But even those feuds you mentioned, they were at least defending it on TV and the titleholder was made to be important.

I actually remember D'Lo's 'chest protector' gimmick pretty well when he was (I wanna say) Euro champ, and stuff like Al Snow as the European champion was good midcard comedy stuff (not every feud/every wrestler has to be super serious, and I think at least one of his feuds was with a guy who wanted to get the title off of Snow so he'd stop disrespecting Europe), but I also remember poo poo like Shawn/Triple H feuding with Owen over the Euro title, or Kurt Angle being the Eurocontinental champion.

And yeah, there are moments like the Triple H v. Michaels title defense, or Austin throwing the IC belt into a river, claiming it was a piece of trash and he had bigger fish to fry, but generally, the midcard titles (and titleholders) were held in a higher regard, and you'd see the occasional 'big dog' get into the mix over a midcard title.

I dunno. As much as I'll be excited to see another 6 man tag between Evolution and Shield, it'd be nice to see a bit of variation with matches in this feud. Having one of Evolution gun for the US title could've been one. Oh well!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sorry, was unable to do it last week and tonight, back on duty next monday guys.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I still say the best way to get the IC title back up in prominence is give it to Cena. Because even as negative the stigma of the IC title to job out its holder, it's gotta contend with Cena's aura of never losing. Just let him hold it and defend it hard for like a year and done.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Call Me Charlie posted:

Want this as an avatar so bad.
They say I'm a demon, but I'm bad at wrestling and all my feuds are bad.

Seriously, I'm poo poo.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

MiketheGreat posted:

I don't get how Kane's mask works — whether the demon is supposed to be in the mask or the man — so I made a dumb comic about a dumb Raw.

There is nothing dumb at all about this.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

This is loving incredible.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
IT'S NOT STARTING IT'S NOT STARTING SOMEONE UNPLUGGED THE WIRE DANIEL DAAAAANIEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Onmi posted:

I still say the best way to get the IC title back up in prominence is give it to Cena. Because even as negative the stigma of the IC title to job out its holder, it's gotta contend with Cena's aura of never losing. Just let him hold it and defend it hard for like a year and done.

he'd straight up just not put it on the line like ever and they'd have him drop the title in a multiman match or vacate it for another cause because they don't want to beat him

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

John Cena posted:

he'd straight up just not put it on the line like ever and they'd have him drop the title in a multiman match or vacate it for another cause because they don't want to beat him

Yes but in theory if the WWE were NOT retarded when it came to booking the belt...

Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

I said I didn't like this guy on another IWC board and they went apeshit on me.

What are your thoughts /wooo/?

Even through the barkest days, this fire burns, always.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want to see all of the superstars as Dogs, but Dean Ambrose especially so.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Aurain posted:

I want to see all of the superstars as Dogs, but Dean Ambrose especially so.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

John Cena posted:

Sorry, was unable to do it last week and tonight, back on duty next monday guys.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

It really did.

This is great.

MiketheGreat posted:

I don't get how Kane's mask works — whether the demon is supposed to be in the mask or the man — so I made a dumb comic about a dumb Raw.

This as well.

Had to miss RAW but I'm seeing I didn't really miss much, any more Bo packages?

Also Sheamus is US Champion? What?

And Jack Swagger versus Adam Rose, the feud I never asked but can't look away from :stare: Actually legit wouldn't a logical feud be Swagger/Sheamus for the US Title?

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 6, 2014

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

This is great.

This as well.

Had to miss RAW but I'm seeing I didn't really miss much, any more Bo packages?

Also Sheamus is US Champion? What?

And Jack Swagger versus Adam Rose, the feud I never asked but can't look away from :stare: Actually legit wouldn't a logical feud be Swagger/Sheamus for the US Title?

Logical perhaps, if Jack Swagger hasn't lost to everyone in the last few months. Dude has no momentum.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Thank you for reminding me this happened. Going to watch the volcano promo again.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The best thing about that gif is Ryback laughing exactly like a Muppet.

MiketheGreat, I think you need to tweet that comic to Kane and Bryan. This needs to be seen.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Listening to Dave and Bryan's podcast:

They fired the head of the Network a couple days ago, which combined with Cena off of Raw and promoted for Main Event and the merch promotion definitely points to them being desperate to increase the numbers.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Pretty sure that's the first time I've seen a standing SSP used as a transition move. Not used to the flippydoos in WWE, wonder if Rollins gets in trouble for showing off? Seems like he was just trying to do something to get the crowd alive.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Earlier in his career, I'm sure he would have, but at this point he probably gets props for it.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Thauros posted:

Listening to Dave and Bryan's podcast:

They fired the head of the Network a couple days ago, which combined with Cena off of Raw and promoted for Main Event and the merch promotion definitely points to them being desperate to increase the numbers.

I thought they were doing decent since Wrestlemania?

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

I'm seeing Mick Foley and Zack Ryder both talking on Facebook and Twitter respectively about how Daniel Bryan needs to be careful, as a main event storyline with Kane is what "ruined Ryder's career." What I believe they're forgetting is the one element not involved with this one that really destroyed Ryder's heat: John Cena. Bryan will come out of this just fine.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

I'm seeing Mick Foley and Zack Ryder both talking on Facebook and Twitter respectively about how Daniel Bryan needs to be careful, as a main event storyline with Kane is what "ruined Ryder's career." What I believe they're forgetting is the one element not involved with this one that really destroyed Ryder's heat: John Cena. Bryan will come out of this just fine.

Just give it time, Cena could still get involved somehow. Maybe Kane accidentally kidnaps Nikki or something stupid.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Really, I read a bit over the weekend on how the backstage supposedly/maybe/its theorized/someone said/I know a guy/etc is cooling on Bryan, and thinking that it's the Yes chants that are over, not him. Considering he worked a match with poor heat-black-hole Alberto Del Rio and got the only (at least twice spontaneous) big reactions outside of the main event, I don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Also, this angle isn't being booked with Bryan being destroyed and nothing else (all of his beatings have come from protecting his wife after all; he still tried to kill Kane with a forklift and so on), and even if worst came to worst and it affected his heat and overness, Bryan still had the chance to recover because Bryan is humble and mostly lacking ego backstage and won't do stupid poo poo like WHINE PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVELY ON THE INTERNET.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

main event storyline with Kane is what "ruined Ryder's career"
That wasn't the main event, was it? Or are we talking Kiss Demon "special main event attraction" as the second match on the card?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cornwind Evil posted:

Really, I read a bit over the weekend on how the backstage supposedly/maybe/its theorized/someone said/I know a guy/etc is cooling on Bryan, and thinking that it's the Yes chants that are over, not him.

I never get this line of thinking. Even if it were true that it's just the Yes chants that are over, so what? It's still one thing about this guy that is massively over and gives him the chance to maybe get other things about him over as well.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I said this in the GDT, but if y'all aren't enjoying the pure stupidity of the Kane/Bryan feud then you take yourselves too seriously.

Anyways, I don't think I minded that Raw specifically so much as I'm a bit upset that it looks like they're just going to replay the big events from Extreme Rules at Payback.

On the bright side, IC Champion Bad News Barrett rules and I'm hoping they book him properly with it (lol).

PC Brigadier
Oct 2, 2013
nothing good happened all raw cesaro had a bad match and wade barrett's news wasn't even that bad

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
That Raw freaking sucked. It reeked of being rewritten to hell.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

After thinking about this, I'm guessing this Bryan-Kane thing is just a rehash of the Ryder angle as a rib on Ryder because they're going to put Bryan over in the end.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

sportsgenius86 posted:

After thinking about this, I'm guessing this Bryan-Kane thing is just a rehash of the Ryder angle as a rib on Ryder because they're going to put Bryan over in the end.

I'm not sure the WWE even cares enough about Zack Ryder to rib him in an angle anywhere on the card, let alone near the top.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
You guys?

Seth Rollins.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

But who would he be the little buddy to? Cena is busy with the other twin and the insane Daemon Cultist.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

I too remember when Zack Ryder got a PPV match against Kane and then pinned him clean after throwing him through a burning table.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Korelle posted:

I too remember when Zack Ryder got a PPV match against Kane and then pinned him clean after throwing him through a burning table.

Well yeah, strong booking and talent are also things Bryan has that Ryder doesn't.

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013

Writer Cath posted:

You guys?

Seth Rollins.

He does flips, which are cool. Then he does flips and lands on his feet, which is crazy. Now, he lands on his feet enough that I'm surprised when he doesn't.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Daniel Bryan has been booked strong as hell. He literally went over all of Evolution in one night. Had a Stretcher Job done for him. And made Batista tap clean in the ring.

If he can't carry 2 months of a Kane story without a comically heavy push around him then everything creative thinks about him is correct.

Because say what you will about John Cena he has carried some terrible rear end feuds and still kept going.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
So.. Adam Rose huh. Guy looks like a giant dork and he's getting booed already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

cena or no cena, spending the whole show running scared from kane isn't doing bryan any favors.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So.. Adam Rose huh. Guy looks like a giant dork and he's getting booed already

everything about this guy from his weird jog, to his lollipop to his voice is just absolutely intolerable.

freud mayweather fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 6, 2014

• Locked thread