Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Spikeguy posted:

From a while back, but the fact that a legitimate case can be made why each Shield member is the best is remarkable. Jim Ross always said, if you have a stable and just 1 guy busts out of that a bigger deal, you consider it a success. They have a real chance to have three major stars/world champs from one stable.

Now, I firmly believe this happened by accident, but it's remarkable how much good can be done for each individual in a group like this when you find the perfect blend. The Shield are all so different from each other that nobody really looks far and away better than anyone else but still similar enough that they work when put together.

It is literally as perfect of a combination as three people can be. Perhaps they saw something and made this trio for that reason, but even then, most of the success is just dumb luck because there was really no possible way that you could plan for anything to be as perfect as this has been. You know something is drat near historic when even the WWE is like "oh man, we can't gently caress with this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You'd think Rollins would be designated jobber since he's small(er) and flippy and WWE usually takes that as an invite to have someone like Rusev kill you. I do kind of fear for him if Shield ever ends.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DeathChicken posted:

You'd think Rollins would be designated jobber since he's small(er) and flippy and WWE usually takes that as an invite to have someone like Rusev kill you. I do kind of fear for him if Shield ever ends.

I'm pretty sure he's going to get every possible opportunity to be the new Jeff Hardy.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm pretty sure he's going to get every possible opportunity to be the new Jeff Hardy.

And unlike Jeff Hardy, Seth is most likely not going to be a drug-addled idiot hillbilly surrounded by a bunch of his friends and brother who are all similarly screwed up. And keep in mind, WWE STILL gave Jeff Hardy a bunch of chances.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

DeathChicken posted:

They've been making Rollins look really good ever since the Wyatts/Shield match at EC, so I wouldn't worry too much about him.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Rollins has been the dude who saves Reigns on the rare occasion Reigns is shown to be in danger. Who didn't go nuts for that knee to Triple H's head when he was setting up Reigns for the pedigree? Rollins and Ambrose both are shown as gutsy dudes who are hard to keep down. WWE seems to realize they have 3 stars, and it is appropriate for Reigns to get the most star-making treatment since he needs the most help covering weaknesses. Rollins and Ambrose are more complete packages and they're going to be able to get to the top a bit more on their own merits.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

For a guy supposedly bad at promos, Reigns usually gets the short and sweet ones that aren't bad at all. It stands out since WWE has this thing for having people not only cut big rambling promos, but for keeping the camera on people even after it's very apparent the bit is over, so you get this long period of silence. Maybe Kevin Dunn thinks it's funny, I don't know.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I really hope they put Rollins in the MITB match this summer. I'm expecting Cesaro or Wyatt to win it but I just want Rollins in there to steal the show

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Spikeguy posted:

From a while back, but the fact that a legitimate case can be made why each Shield member is the best is remarkable. Jim Ross always said, if you have a stable and just 1 guy busts out of that a bigger deal, you consider it a success. They have a real chance to have three major stars/world champs from one stable.

Yes, absolutely. They have three guys who each fit a different archetype for WWE main eventer. Reigns is the powerhouse babyface promotional ace (You could call it a Hogan archetype, but he's a much better worker than Hogan), Rollins is the undersized underdog babyface (HBK archetype), and Ambrose is the Ric Flair heel or heelish face archetype.

bartok
May 10, 2006

RoleModel posted:

And unlike Jeff Hardy, Seth is most likely not going to be a drug-addled idiot hillbilly surrounded by a bunch of his friends and brother who are all similarly screwed up. And keep in mind, WWE STILL gave Jeff Hardy a bunch of chances.

I still bet WWE would welcome Jeff Hardy back with open arms.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

TheEggsBenedict posted:

They've been making Rollins look really good ever since the Wyatts/Shield match at EC, so I wouldn't worry too much about him.

It really seems like Rollins has won lots of fans over simply because he's so drat good. When he gets fired up, you get fired up too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bartok posted:

I still bet WWE would welcome Jeff Hardy back with open arms.

If he could make it through Wellness (which he should be able to since he's clean now despite what the appearance and mannerisms of Willow would suggest) they definitely would. He's a money draw and if they cared a whit about killing TNA, that'd be yet another nail in their coffin.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

For a guy supposedly bad at promos, Reigns usually gets the short and sweet ones that aren't bad at all. It stands out since WWE has this thing for having people not only cut big rambling promos, but for keeping the camera on people even after it's very apparent the bit is over, so you get this long period of silence. Maybe Kevin Dunn thinks it's funny, I don't know.

It's interesting that all 3 are able to have distinct personalities, too. Ambrose's delivery sets him apart from Rollins' more verbose, measured promos and then Reigns gets to keep it short and sweet as the tough guy of the trio.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

BEST IN THE WORLD

at not exercising anymore

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Tough Mudder is exercise!

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Jason Funk posted:

BEST IN THE WORLD

Cookie Monster Punk

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

I know most of you don't watch Total Divas, so I wanted to show you why you should:

Natalya painted that. Daniel Bryan's response was "My nose looks like testicles." Total Divas is the best show.

Not that bad, tbh. Brie's face wasn't quite right so I touched it up a little

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Jason Funk posted:

BEST IN THE WORLD

I'm way more worried about whatever is going on with his hair.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Jason Funk posted:

BEST IN THE WORLD

Was this taken in his alley?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jason Funk posted:

BEST IN THE WORLD

He looks almost exactly the same as he always does body-wise.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

NienNunb posted:

What was it HHH called him? A skinny fat nerd? haha

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Jason Funk posted:

BEST IN THE WORLD

i would literally commit murder to look like cm punk does right now

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

triplexpac posted:

What was it HHH called him? A skinny fat nerd? haha

Skinny fat rear end.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Talk about the prestige of the lack there of for the IC belt made me wonder. What was the period of time when it was at its highest prestige?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Aw, he got rid of the Wolverine mutton chops.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spikeguy posted:

Talk about the prestige of the lack there of for the IC belt made me wonder. What was the period of time when it was at its highest prestige?

Probably from the national expansion until the Honky Tonk Man won it. It was used to headline a tour and was often on excellent workers.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Spikeguy posted:

Summerslam '92.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Raw is probably gonna suck tonight, but every time I skip Raw specifically for that reason it's always really good.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Sprecherscrow posted:

Summerslam '92.

Yup. Main event in front of the second biggest (legit) crowd WWE have ever drawn.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

NienNunb posted:

Raw is probably gonna suck tonight, but every time I skip Raw specifically for that reason it's always really good.

Raw is never good

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

NienNunb posted:

The Five Preview thing is advertising Rusev squashing people, I think it might be safe to skip this RAW.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Jason Funk posted:

BEST IN THE WORLD

well I guess that's a hint he's not too interested in keeping in shape to return any time soon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

He looks a bit off his peak but it looks like he might be in slightly better shape than he was at the end, especially given he's not trying to take an aesthetically pleasing photo.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

He looks like crap!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hey, what's John Morrison up to now-

quote:

John Morrison was interviewed for the Miami Herald and he talked about life after WWE. He revealed that he is busier now than when he wrestled for WWE and revealed that he recently finished filming for the Hercules movie.

“I recently finished filming a Hercules movie,” Morrison said. “I’m mentioning that especially here because these are the stomping grounds of Dwayne Johnson (The Rock). His Hercules movie is coming out in theaters mid-July. The Hercules movie that I shot is a lower budget film, and it’s going to be coming out hopefully a week before his comes out to possibly Syfy or DVD or VOD (video on-demand). I don’t know what avenue they’re going to take with the Hercules movie I’m in, but it’s going to be fun.”
Morrison also said that he wouldn't rule out a return to WWE but it may depend on if his busy schedule would allow it.

“After this, I’m going to be filming a movie up in Vancouver about a talking dog,” Morrison said. “In mid-June I’m starting production on ‘Boone: The Bounty Hunter,’ which is the first movie I’ve co-written, produced and star in. It’s kind of what I love to do. It’s taken me a really long time to figure out how to do it, but I couldn’t be more excited about ‘Boone: The Bounty Hunter.’
“It’s going to be a full-time job, but it’s going to be the exact type of movie that I think I would have loved as a kid. I’m expecting that everyone is a fan of John Morrison, wrestling and action movies to really love it.”

Oh god he's an actor in movies made by The Asylum :negative:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Sweeney Tom posted:

Oh god he's an actor in movies made by The Asylum :negative:

I look forward to 2015 Rumble Toxx's having to review John Morrison movies.

Also he seems like a cool dude and it's steady pay, all the best to him.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Honestly? He's another dude that walked away on his own terms, finished up his contract and took off. I can respect that, but that's not to say I wouldn't love to see him work against some of the guys they've got now.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Morrison also passed on the torch of doing cool rear end escape tricks at the Rumble to Kofi which is fun.

I actually love the fact that whenever Kofi comes out normally everyone is Oh... it's Kofi :geno: but then during the Rumble Oh my god it's Kofi :neckbeard:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Burt Buckle posted:

Cookie Monster Punk
He's coming back to fool people that he is the other Hardy brother it seems

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I can only imagine things would be weird if he came back to WWE and Batista was still there.

Vince: YOU PUSSY, REMEMBER WHEN HE hosed YOUR GIRLFRIEND FIVE YEARS AGO? FIGHT HIM! THEN I'LL FIRE YOU FOR STARTING A FIGHT!

• Locked thread