Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

I bought an espresso machine and grinder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

colas posted:

Which espresso machine is that?

Bezzera BZ10

The grinder is a Macap M2D

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

colas posted:

They're always so expensive. Can you even get a decent espresso machine for $500 or less?

The Rancilio Silvia is probably the cheapest espresso machine, that is recommendable

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

I bought a 65" 4K TV

LG 65LA965W

It's a model from late last year without HDMI 2.0 / 4k Netflix, i dont care about either. I got it for about half off the original price.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

RCarr posted:

Can I ask what you paid for it?

I dont know how much you will get out of European prices but i paid 17500 DKK, thats about $3k

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

davebo posted:

So is Europe ahead of us in providing 4k content? Are satellite/cable providers showing anything in 4k yet there? I got on the HDTV bandwagon pretty early in 2001 when there was precious little content but I haven't even put 4k on my radar just because there seems to be no real delivery medium yet. So Netflix has a 4k option? That sounds good but here in America we're in the midst of ISP's throttling Netflix's bandwidth until they extort more money from them/us. :911:

There's not really any broadcast 4K yet, but i dont watch TV at all and the TV will only ever be connected to a HTPC that can play 4K if i need it to.

I will mostly be watching 1080p movies, that will be up converted by the TV to 4K, it's supposed to look quite good.

Netflix steams House of Cards in 4K on supported TV's (They have to support HVEC) and more content to come..

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Two Sonos Play:1

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Adidas.com was having a 50% off sale.. Soooo

MC-X1

ZX 100

ZX 500 OG

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

I bought a washing machine intended for caravans because my appartment is small and the public laundry room situation is poo poo.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

What about the dildo?

It's a french hotdog bun warmer-upper

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

A tiny girls car

Peugeot 108 Active

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

I'm going to try this Audiophile business..

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

FiiO E10K

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Reverse Centaur posted:

...I just take mine off once in a while.

But.. If you take it off won't women just throw their vagina at you?

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

I bought a watch.. Yay watches

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Allen wrench testing platform?

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

New pixel pusher for my new monitor

Gigabyte 980ti G1 Gaming

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Bought a new phone.

Xiaomi Note Pro

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Harley C posted:

I have the Xiaomi Yi Camera & a powerbank from them and they're great. Not sure if I would trust the company to get a phone though, how is it?

I believe they're in the top 5 of the biggest Mobile phone manufactureres in the world. Besides that i have read a bunch of reviews of this and the Mi4 and both are highly regarded.

I really like it. It's like if Apple made an Android phone. Quality wise it feels like an iPhone 6 Plus to hold, the custom version of Android it's running is missing the App Drawer, so it's a lot like the iOS home screen in that sense (But with Widgets)

They do weekly updates though their own OTA app and you can root it by going into a menu and hitting a button.

And it costs less than half of a Samsung Note 5..

... No stylus.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

CaseFace McGee posted:

How is the battery life?

Same as every other high end Android phone. You will get a full day out of it with 4ish hours of screen on time. A charger at work is probably a good idea.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

New Watch

Hamilton Khaki X-Wind..

It can calculate crosswind drift for airplanes.. Not that i will ever use that, but most good watches do stupid poo poo.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Jerry can minibar, because im good with money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Flaggy posted:

The only one I found online is going for $547 is this correct?

That sounds about right i paid 2800 DKK

It's made by hand in Denmark where the min. wage is like $20 and they claim it takes them 3 weeks.