Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I assumed it wasn't for games, since it went 6-core too. Figured VMs or video editing or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Josh Lyman posted:

It's the lowest of the 3 Haswell-E models which get purchased for gaming quite a bit.

But yeah, I hope it's a VM/editing box.

My minimum frame rate!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I hope this configuration has a SSD. I can't even imagine buying a computer without one in 2016

Not unless they make 7200rpm SSDs.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Digital_Jesus posted:

Most of them are a custom OS developed by Blackberry (QNX).

Acquired by Blackberry, please.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SpartanIV posted:

$500, everyone

edit: +$80 for HDMI output

http://www.analogue.co/products/analogue-nt

Don't shop-shame.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

This thread's gonna make me buy some shoes, is what's going to happen.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

New medication. Let's hear it for insurance.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Blackchamber posted:

drat dude that's crazy. There's hope though because the FDA or whoever is making it easier to greenlight generics so you won't be paying Shkreli's inflated prices.

Yeah, my pre-insurance med cost is about $3500/month, but my co-pay is only about $60. The big ones are still very much in patent protection, so I'm not sure the generic stuff will help me, but it's good news in general for sure!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Toast Museum posted:

I look forward to electric and self-driving cars adding new camps to this never-ending argument.

Autopilot is amazing in stop-and-go traffic. There's no going back.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Today's "purchase": pre-payment for 10 hours of lawyer time at $500/hour. I hear she's really good, though.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

When I first got to the US, it was easier and cheaper to get a loan from my credit union than a lease from the dealership.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

roobots posted:

Adidas Climacool for breathability and Uniqlo Airism for softness. They're also not stupidly expensive.

But what if I don't want to choose between those characteristics?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Waffle Conspiracy posted:

1TB/s internet is amazing

I imagine it would be.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bought a house using only my phone (for offer/acceptance/wiring deposit). Now to arrange the move.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

App13 posted:

That's a lovely home, congrats!

Thank you! Lots of work to do to move, but happily nothing needs to be done to the house other than install a charger for my car. And then, over time, replace my furniture with stuff as nice as the house...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

11 months after I bought an electric car, and 4 months before I move out of this apartment, I have finally completed the epic permits-and-plans-and-mother-may-I quest to install a charger at home.

It is not the right charger and so it charges more slowly than it might otherwise, but it works, so I'm not going to gently caress around with it at this point.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SpartanIV posted:

Is the red tape from the apartment complex or the city?

The building owners somewhat, but mostly the city and PG&E. PG&E's standard for installation of separate EV meters changed while we were mid-process, apparently, so everything got screwed up. I could have made it go faster, if I had been willing to be more annoying, but antagonizing my landlords didn't seem like a great plan.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I pay $140 to get my house cleaned once a month and it's worth every freaking penny.

Yeah, it's The First Luxury.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FirstPlayer posted:

Because I am a huge manchild.

Mine arrived today, very excited for the kid to go to bed so that I can discover that I need more USB ports or something.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Four shirts and two pairs of jeans. Finally admitted to myself that I'm getting FURTHER from fitting my old clothes, and at this point I just look ridiculous bursting from the seams (often literally)

I bought some surrender pants last week too. :smith::hf::smith:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Toast Museum posted:

Edit: wish I could preview in the mobile app.

In Awful.app there's a setting for it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Toast Museum posted:

That's the iOS app, right? If the Android app has the same option, I can't find it.

Ah, yeah. I wasn't sure which you meant.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

queserasera posted:

I wish I could buy these at the store in packs instead of 2-3 bucks a can at an eatery. The blood orange is downright tasty.

Amazon?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Moved into a new house, much bigger than my previous apartment. Going to need to buy a lot of furniture.

For the entryway:

For the table on the entryway, to hold keys (about 6" across):

Two bedside lamps, because the ones I have now are awful and these were 50% off:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, couldn't find that one.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

3 hours of assembly between me and deliciousness. Even came with a $50 gift certificate for a great local butcher.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tres Burritos posted:

I like it okay. I'm not an aficionado or anything but it seems to do what it says on the box. The biggest problem I have with it is that proper form seems to matter a ton, and it requires more concentration than other stuff where you just get on it and walk. Not that that's a huge problem or anything, but I can tell it'll take some time for the correct motion to become second nature.

How tall are you? I'm 6'4" and I'm told the Concept D is good for tall people.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

If purchases of merchandise are donations, I'm one seriously charitable motherfucker.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

PCOS Bill posted:

It does in this instance. The profits on sales go toward the campaign.

You know that doesn't make it a donation, right? I'm not donating to this taxi driver's family just because that's where the profits go.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tres Burritos posted:

I'm 6'2" (and a bit) and It fits me just fine, the website says it'll work on up to a 38" inseam, but you can get an extended rail if you've got more than that.

Oh, I've got more than that, let me tell -- no, yeah, that'll be fine. Thanks!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Movers broke my computer to some indeterminate degree, so my kid and I are building a new one.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That is the exact colour I associate with Slazenger.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Josh Lyman posted:

Water resistant != waterproof, as you'll discover in your first downpour.

Water resistant is, in my experience, fine in heavy rain as long as it doesn't collect anywhere and you don't put it down in a puddle. It just has to let the rain run off.

I backed for one too, just now

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Whoever posted upthread about Arcteryx Veilance, please gently caress yourself violently in the eye. I went into a shop to try a piece on today, and it's your damned fault.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Couch for the new living room:

Carpeting tile for under the couch and my coffee table:

2x bedside lamps (might replace the shades with slightly wider ones, we'll see):

Console table for the entryway:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

KingColliwog posted:

6 month of winter isn't that fun either.

You get spring, though, and festival season, at Atwater Market if I guess city correctly.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bottom Liner posted:

New gen Kindle Paperwhite for $79 thanks to a pricing error that Amazon customer support honored. Still happy with my old gen 1, but this was a great deal and I've been wanting the backlight for reading in bed/camping.

The Paperwhite is truly a Good Kindle. I love mine, the light is so good. The page-flip takes a bit of getting used to, but now picking up my old one feels like trying to cut food with a spoon.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Snowmankilla posted:

Yet another question. How much is this for a room vs a person? I am super interested in getting one, but my wife and I have way different schedules. I wake up like 2 hours before her in the morning, and if it wakes her up, its out.

Anyone have a similar situation?

Not anymore (:sever:), but unless you sleep with a curtain between you, or she is an extremely heavy sleeper, she's getting up with the artificial dawn.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ottawa's maybe not the most exciting part of Canada, but it's pretty nice to visit. I recommend the Museum of Civilization and the National Gallery. Museum of Science and Tech or Museum of Nature if you have kids along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I guess I've only bought half of it, but the landscapers put in the patio interlock today and I am excited to have a proper place for my grill/smoker.

I also bought a pair of Amazon Echos as Christmas gifts for Dad and my girlfriend.