Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

SgtScruffy posted:

This mask. So I can go as this tonight:

Why do you guys keep posting pictures of Mitt Romney? Was he the go to costume for the year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hackbunny posted:

Chicken embryo in resin block, for my girlfriend

Dude, that is gonna be a bitch and a half to crack, just sayin.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I bought these awesome little cookies at wal mart called Canelita's.

They are apparently some form of mexican cinnamon cookie. They are awesome.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally broke down and decided to get Tomb Raider for the ps4.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Murphy Brownback posted:

Mix someone who is bad with money and has disposable income with amazon lightning deals and you get purchases like this. What am I going to do with this night vision goggle set? I don't know, but I'll feel cool as hell playing around with it.

Is it heavy?

Then it's expensive, so put em back :colbert:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
3 pairs of glasses off Zenni Optical for about 80$.

They had a buy 2 get 1 free with free shipping sale, and I had to get some some various colors of sunshades.

BLUE MIRRORED CHROME. DEAR GOD IT WILL BE LOVELY.

Or tacky, gently caress it, it was the free set :allears:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Got a Batman usb flash drive cause it looks like something that would be in his utility belt.

6$ shipped on ebay, with the option to PICK UP IN STORE AT BEST BUY HOLY gently caress THAT IS AMAZING.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pre-ordered the gently caress out of a favorite author's new novel, because not only is it his birthday tomorrow, it's also a whopping 2.99 and I'm pretty sure I'd get at least 3$ worth of entertainment out of it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O7Y8UAM if you are interested.

quote:

Greg has just killed the man he hired to kill one of his wife’s many lovers. He’s now got a dead body in his office.

Carlton, Greg’s brother, desperately needs a dead body. It’s kind of related to the lion corpse that he found in his basement.

This is the normal part of the story.

From Jeff Strand, the author of Benjamin’s Parasite, The Sinister Mr. Corpse, and Fangboy, comes a tale that’s weird even by his standards.

Facial. It’s not about what you’re thinking. Well, okay, part of it is...

How can that NOT be interesting?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've been rereading a lot of David Gemmel and decided I needed my own version of Snaga the Sender.

Not the best pic, but the handle is wire wrapped, and the shaft has this cool crackle effect on it, and the pommel has a chromed spikey look to it.

Not 100% accurate to the books, but for 35$, couldn't say no.

It's my secret santa gift to me! :peanut:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you aren't rocking the cockney voice in SR2, you ain't playin it right.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My girlfriend is getting heavy into vaping now, but I dunno crap about it.

Is there something I can get her that's awesomely "OMG COOL" while still being "not incredibly expensive"?

She's got some kinda small jar thing on a big pink battery, and she's subscribed to some flavor of the month grab bag club, but I was thinking more along the lines of hardware. She's geeky like me, so something light up or star wars/star trek would be extra fun.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If a potential wife cares about how many bullets are in the gun, then she isn't the one for you. Enjoy the married life!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's why I'm not a vegetarian. I can't enjoy any purchase unless someone has suffered and died because of it.

In thread news, I bought Alien and Aliens on blu ray for 5$ a pop. That was a nice best buy sale.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Giving thought to picking up DDP Yoga and a mat.

On one hand, all the testimonials seem pretty good and the reviews are all solid.

On the other hand, I'm kinda scared I'm gonna look like Michael in GTAV trying to do the yoga missions.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bought "Goodnight my friend" from the Galavant soundtrack, and picked up the new Louis CK standup special off his website.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pi Mu Rho posted:

Spent years trying to get one of these, finally managed it.

The good news is once you have one, you will soon have a LOT more of them!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The better question is, what COULDN'T you do with those.

Is that whiplash gif kid the same one who played quicksilver in DOFP?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kannonfodder posted:

Considering that's a scene from days of future past where quicksilver is talking to magneto, yes.

:doh:

Thought it looked familiar but I couldn't tell that was Magneto. Thought it was a gif from the Whiplash movie (which I haven't seen).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CrackSpider posted:

Just ordered a Surface Pro 3 plus the keyboard (mine is purple) and a case. Got a big discount through my boyfriend's company. He should be getting one soon too to test out for use for his team at work.

I'm very excited. I don't have a laptop or a tablet anymore, so being able to do stuff on the go again will be great. Also: drawing! Waiting 3-7 days for it to ship to me is going to be agony.

I have a 1st gen Surface and it's pretty cool.

Only real downside for me is they took the scribd app off the windows store, so I can't read comic books on it through scribd :smith:

That being said, it's a pretty incredible facebook/twitter/ebay/email machine.

Only weird god damned thing about it is you cannot just hook it up via USB and transfer poo poo from computer to it. Very odd.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any recommendations for a camcorder?

My friend is looking to start filming stuff (reviews, etc of items) and he's looking for a decent camcorder anywhere from 50$ up to maybe 200$, but neither he not I really understand much about em.

Basically we're just looking for something that does decent focus in normal light indoors, with the ability to focus probably a foot or two in front of the camera.

Used is fine, we're just kinda lost cause it seems like every review is "OH GOD YOU NEED THIS 1700$ CAMERA THAT DOES 1080p 60fps WITH NIGHTVISION FOR YOUR NEXT OSCAR MOVIE" and he's just looking for something to film poo poo in his tool room.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wanted to buy it when it was released but didn't have the budget for it. It's on sale at amazon for 35$ though, so snapped it up whilst I could.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Complete digital archive of Opus and Bloom County as well as Outland via https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Was 15$, but might be a buck or two more since the Opus/Outland archives are both "Pay 5$ more than the average!" to unlock.

I'd throw so much money at these guys for a Far Side collection.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God drat I've spent so much money today.

Samsung 10.1 Galaxy 4 tablet off ebay. Too good of a deal to pass up though.

Hopefully I'll be selling my surface tablet to offset the cost a bit.

Still, decent day. Cowboy Bebop blu rays, complete bloom county, and a new tablet. I'm done for... hopefully weeks now.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Evil Within is a pretty cool game. It's kinda half horror movie and half just plain weird.

Only advice I can offer you is learn to headshot quickly cause god drat the enemies are bullet sponges.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I always wanted one of these but 2 things have always stopped me.

1: fear of kicking the skull/jaw area and shredding my feet on bear teeth.

2: No real area for a rug, plus I own a cat.

Just curious, but what does something like that normally set someone back?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

1: Unless the rug is extremely old, it won't have the original teeth in it. Even if the rug is very old, sometimes they're plaster instead.

3. Eh, a couple grand for casuals. Usually between $2-8K. It really depends on the size and quality of the rug. I'd never pay that much personally.

Are the fake teeth less apt to rip apart my foot?

Also, not worried about the cat sleeping on it, more worried he's gonna try to either gently caress it or poo poo on it. He's got some territory issues.

Might go for a fake one though. Cheaper than I had imagined for a real one but still out of the budget.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Etrips posted:

Or just use distilled water like it says to.

Yea gonna go with the distilled water remark here.

Let's see, I can spend 50 cents on a gallon of pure water that won't contain anything that can possibly do damage TO THE INSIDE OF MY loving HEAD NEXT TO MY BRAIN, or I can just boil some tap water cause, you know, YOLO!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do live in Louisiana, which is where all those amoeba death things were going on. which is pretty much lovely swamp water.

Hence the "gently caress it, I'd rather spend 50 cents on pure water" attitude I have.

I stands by my choices.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bottled water =/= distilled water, but yea I can see where it'd be a weird thing for people to freak out about if I lived in an area where the water was awesome.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Concatenation posted:

YESSSSSSS (indiegogo campaign). 1.3 million of 2million in 12 hours, things are looking good.

Incredibly surprised to see that movie coming along. I thought it wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got some catfish for grillin some poboys, but I don't have a pic of that. Spent a good chunk at Costco but don't have a pic of that either.

Did get these tho, and I found a pic online.

Mental health pills.

Also, a churro!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just remembered that Amazon Pantry exists so I ordered a bunch of food and sodas cause I really don't want to leave my house unless it's absolutely needed. Not sick or anything, just kinda hermitizing this week.

Oh yea, cat litter too. Cheaper with free prime shipping than me buying it at the local walmart.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

New color LED printer cause apparently they are way more awesome than laser and I've been looking for a decent one for a while.

It's a HL-3170CDW so it's color, does auto duplex, and it's wireless. Hurrah!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Amazon has em for comparatively dirt cheap, for 200$.

The model down from it doesn't do duplex, and is something like 30$ cheaper.

Can't say if I like it or not, but I love the monochrome brother I use currently and hopefully I'll have this one set up tonight for some test printing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

My new megawolf on the right. An old, normal-size adult on the left.

That's cool that they deflated your wolves to save you some money on shipping.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If that pulse thing works like I think it does, that is a hilariously low effort way to get off. God drat I wish I had thought of it years ago so I could make mad :homebrew: on the sex toy market.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For 2 grand it damned well better not be.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tentawesome posted:

I can't keep any food down so I gotta get calories somehow. Plus, it has electrolytes! It's what plants want!

Pedialyte? Popsicles work amazingly well for gut probs. I keep a couple boxes in my freezer cause I get stomach viruses fairly often. Baby dept at Walmart or whatever supermarket you have.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jekub posted:

An Ikharos 8" F8 RC Telescope, hopefully, finally, completing the imaging setup I've been working towards for the last three years.

I'm not trying to sound all preachy like I know your hobby better than you do, but if it was ~me~ I'd have the telescope outside or at least have a hole in the roof or something for it to look though :colbert:

share pics when you get it up and rolling!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

and 2 rolls of bags.

Gonna get my suffocate on.