Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Some new shoes to replace my old pair that finally disintegrated. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to get some AEs or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Chroisman posted:

These look really nice and I've been struggling to find a pair of brown shoes that I really like. Could I get the brand and model?

I'm embarrassed, because they are crap. Cross, by Aston Grey, which are the house brand for DSW I think. I used to have the, in my opinion, much nicer Mercer ones, but, daily wear ate through the soles, which, according to reviews, is a not unheard of problem with these cheap brands.

But, they feel great, even fresh out of the box, and I like how they look.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

It was really getting loose, so, I had to take another link out of my regular steel band. Decided to invest in some adjustable ones. Good to have options.

Just a black leather one and a black and white striped NATO.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Dental appointment today where I "bought" a crown. :confuoot:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Hey buddy, this is my third.

I have a lot of fifteen to twenty year old silver fillings that are starting to crack. If it does, bacteria gets in, yada yada yada, crown.

I wish they weren't so spendy, but, I genuinely enjoy my super tooth. So smooth.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Building a new PC, and doing it myself for the first time.

I ordered so much computer stuff yesterday, my bank's fraud department called me in a tizzy.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

I got the $6 #1 selling pop filter, but a mic stand didn't occur to me. I guess we'll see how the vibrations go.

I don't travel with my sound setup, so I hung my Mic from a shelving bracket above in my sound booth, and if you find vibrations being a problem, I'd suggest seeing if that is an option for your recording environment because it had made a world of difference for me.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I've bought an absolute poo poo ton of Christmas gifts for friends and family. Including, but not limited to, a CAT-4610A Air Compressor for my brother and his fiancee. The thing is awesome and super quiet. Less decibels than their vacuum.

But every year, I always get myself something dumb. This year, it was a Lucha mask.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Speaking of shoes and being a landwhale, I, for the first time in my life got "fitted" for real running shoes. Tried on a bunch at this local place, and went with these Brooks Glycerin 12 ones that felt the most supportive and comfy to walk in. As a bonus, they were by far the least neon looking shoes I tried.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Every time Scarf posts, I keep hoping they bought a scarf. As the weather gets warmer, the chance of that seems to be plummeting dramatically.

Yesterday, I bought several new packs of socks and boxer briefs at Costco. It is a good feeling to just completely toss out a drawer of socks and replace them from time to time. Also, beef short ribs for grilling tonight.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Bought my first ever tablet. I knew I didnt need a super powerful one, I'm just using it for some apps and Netflix and pdfs and stuff. Decided on an Asus MeMO 7, and it is pretty groovy so far. Sprung for the better than base model, the me572c. :toot:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Just bought a new water pump (and radiator has been kinda ossified, so that too) for my car because mine exploded yesterday.

:negative:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I don't understand sneaker fashion, but I think they look very nice on all of you. I just hate the way I look them.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Friendly reminder that while body shaming is perfectly fine, shop shaming is still forbidden.

Also watches are cool and pretty and fun to wear.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

They used the word in Monty Python's Meaning of Life. I wanna say that was the first time I'd ever seen it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I've never actually seen one in real life, we always had plastic recorders when little. Those were lovely.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Pukestain Pal posted:

Speed :dance: :dance:

here is the training video for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vp2DmA3MA8

joe sucks.

Why was this so interesting to watch? :psyduck:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Well, Joe should get a DSLR and just shoot 900 shots and pick out the good ones.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Man, that's beautiful.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Helios Grime posted:

Yup, you can still get it on amazon. The saving on massdrop wasn't that big anyway.

That's the SARB065, right?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Upgraded to a gtx 970 in preparation for mgs5. It also came with free mgs5.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That's like those anti paparazzi hoodies that I've seen. Neat stuff.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

To me, most hefes taste like a combination of bad bananas and how burning tires smell. So not really my bag. Fortunately there's a metric shitload of beers out there.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Ordered a gen 1 Moto X (the 2013 model I think) off eBay since my plan requires me to buy the unlocked GSM yadda yadda. Here's hoping I don't get a broken pile of poo poo!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I currently, and for the last 3+ years have had a Samsung Proclaim. Which I am told, the stats on it are "bullshit" so, even if the Moto is a couple years old, kinda looking forward to a new phone with something resembling speed and power.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Costco rules.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Guns are harder to eat, but just as enjoyable.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Robawesome posted:

*silent approving nod*

Seriously, a hundred percent of the old farmers around here sport Carhartt. It is amazing.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I don't understand sneaker fashion, as I am a fully converted square belonging to The Establishment, but I try not to begrudge those that enjoy them.

But I'll never get it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm sure the red shirt looks nice, and you'll look nice in it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

As somebody who can't stand having a beard, I dunno what the oils are to do. Like, wouldn't that only increase the amount of grease? I already want to shampoo more than once a day just for my head.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I do every morning. Is that...bad? If I don't shampoo, I have helmet hair.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'll have to look more into how this is supposed to work, because wherever someone tells me about the whole "don't wash your hair" thing for healthy roots or whatever, they're weirdo gross hippies who smell.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Cella shave soap, for my face.

007-style NATO strap, for my wrist.

I own both of these things! Love them!

Old rear end shot of my version:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

You could always get fatter/more swole.

One of those is much easier.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Beagle? Pibbie? All puppies look adorably alike!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Bought a bunch of random poo poo for Xmas, including a Pitendo for my brother and his wife. They'd been thinking of messing with a raspberry pi for a bit, and the case is adorable.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Aramek posted:

Dental appointment today where I "bought" a crown. :confuoot:

This, again.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I have a Sonicare, they rule. I just have all these 15-20 year old silver fillings that are all on the verge of failure, so, we're watching them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

What a time to live mas...