Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I bought a door.

This door!

Not that specific door, but one just like it!

It doesn't go anywhere at the moment, but it's replacing my front door that I assume was originally installed when the place was built back in the 50s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

Your door has a vulva on it.

Well, I was going to paint it pink.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

A few days ago I got up too early and stood in a line for the privilege of giving Best Buy my money.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

By the end, there were close to 200. I was probably half way through the line and I only showed up 2 hours before they started handing out tickets. Still out of 3080s by the time they got to me.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

I started doing hobby composing ~4 months ago from nothing. Get a cheap DAW like Reaper (which also has a free 60 day trial, that never stops you actually using it after that time, and is $60 to buy), watch some of their videos on getting started with it, pick up some really cheap synths/free ones that are out there, and start messing around.

Throw down random notes. Select random chords and put those down. Just mess around with stuff, and figure out what you like. You aren't doing it for anyone but yourself, so all that matters is that you like it. Maybe you enjoy it, maybe you don't, but the buy in is basically $0 if you have a computer.

I finished this one this week: https://soundcloud.com/poltzart/on-the-border-of-a-dream

And this is the last synth type thing I did: https://soundcloud.com/poltzart/it-tolls-for-you

edit: you can also get something like this https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/minilab-mkii/overview usually for around $110-120 and it has keys, mod/pitch wheel, pads, and lots of knobs to turn, and comes with some cool plugins from Arturia.

Interestingly enough I just bought

To start doing something similar. I don't know that I like the software it came with, I'll have to give reaper a try.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Not my picture, but I finally bought an upgrade to go with the PS5.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/hemnes-tv-unit-black-brown-light-brown-10452303/

we have this one, which is all solid pine and way sturdier than the MDF ones they sell. Smells good too.

I have a two drawer version of this that is very nice (and apparently they no longer sell), but my PS5 doesn't really fit in the nooks.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

KingSlime posted:

I got a plane ticket for a weekend in Cleveland, Ohio. Guess all of those stupid billboards all over Texas telling us to go visit are working as intended.

I'm pretty excited because I've never been to that region of the country, earlier this year, I got to check out the Pacific Northwest for the first time in my life which was loving insane and magical! Ohio is probably just as cool, maybe right?

You're from Texas? You should get Skyline and see what they did to chili.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Playstation Plus Plus got my PS5's full, so time to expand

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I am very good with money.

A steam deck!

A vacation to use it on!

Booked a trip to visit some friends in Portland. First trip since covid and whatnot. Pretty excited.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Western Digital was having a sale so. Upgrades!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

KingColliwog posted:

I really want a bidet, but cold.water is
.. Cold. Especially in winter in my climate.

This is true in winter, but at least around here during the summer, it's a blessing in disguise.