Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm also curious how that works...is it like a RAID array? You get the total space between the two mSD cards, but you're basically forced to only read and write to the cards if they're in that enclosure?

According to someone who answered a question on Amazon it treats it like a RAID 0 array and you get the sum of the two cards' capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Henchman 21 posted:

Ran out of Tullamore DEW so I figured I'd go with Jack tonight and a 6pack sampler.

If you haven't had it already the Edmund Fitzgerald is excellent, very much a "dessert" beer.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Bobby Digital posted:

It's an anytime beer because it's great.

Well if you're a hardcore enough alcoholic it's always 5:00 somewhere.

But really, what other category would you put a beer in that has coffee and chocolate as its primary flavor notes?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

null_pointer posted:

And therein lies the problem; do I drop an extra $300 or so on two additional tires, just so I can rotate them, or do I just buy two so that I can buy other cool things and then post in this thread?

This depends on how far the tread is worn on the other two tires. If they're relatively close to needing to be replaced (<50% treadlife remaining) might as well do it all at once, a substantial difference in tread depth can be hazardous even on an undriven axle. Worn rear tires on a FWD car can cause the rear to fishtail and potentially spin the car out under heavy braking and/or slippery road conditions.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Gorilla Salad posted:

I wouldn't even know where to buy a cylindrical mower. But in a dry climate, I'm really curious now as to how big a difference it makes.

Think of it as the difference between cutting something with a sharp pair of scissors vs swinging a fairly dull blade at something. One will cut it cleanly, the other tears at the point of impact.

I used a push reel mower for the first two years I lived at my house, the grass was visibly healthier compared with using a traditional gas-powered mower.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Henchman 21 posted:

A couple new usb and lightning cables for me and the missus. (The Usb make such a satisfying snap when you push them into your phone)

Thanks for this, I picked up a three pack today and the firm connection is just what the USB port on my aging GS3 needed.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Gorilla Salad posted:

They also seem to all be about four times the cost of a regular mower. drat shame, the results look incredible.

That's because the only companies that manufacture powered reel mowers market them to golf courses and millionaires who want their lawn to look like a golf course.

The only reel mowers that fit into a working class budget tend to be push-powered.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Bottom Liner posted:

Queen size Malm

Plan on replacing this in about five years. The one I bought in 2009 has just about had it.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

DrBouvenstein posted:

But even the best reusable cups aren't as good at letting it keep that pressure, so you get mediocre coffee even with fresh ground good beans.

Tamping your grounds into the reusable cup helps, as does using a slightly finer grind than drip. But yeah, seems the best a keurig is capable of is coffee on the good side of mediocre. I'd rather just use my french press.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
They've been sold here for years as an Infiniti G35/G37.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Autozone, and a bunch of the other chain stores take it back for free. I'm pretty sure they get paid for their waste oil so they have no problem taking it.

This, or find a shop that uses a used oil heater. Generally they're more than happy to take it.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

blarzgh posted:

Edit: or call ECS Tuning and ask them.

All they'll tell you is they'll sell you that part at grossly inflated prices. They're seriously bad at customer service, I wanted to order some wires and inquired if I could do local pick up since I live about 15 miles away from them and they wanted $20 to ship it FedEx ground.

Not only did they say they couldn't (or wouldn't) do local pick up but they were complete condescending assholes about it. You'll get more blood from a stone than help from them.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
:ssh: it costs the bank next to nothing to process an online payment, they're doing it because it's free money for them.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

SaltLick posted:

I bought a new tire because nails on the road is an unfortunate thing

This, but in my case an 8" deep pothole I couldn't see after dark put a bulge in the sidewall.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
^
Seconding Anker Astro batteries. My wife has that one and not only does it have the capacity to charge most phones 2-3x between charges, it does it drat fast too.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Why is a penis spraying water over a tobacco addicted vagina?

Please don't kinkshame, TIA.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Also, if your partner insists on making GBS threads while you shower, well your relationship probably also has other issues.

Or you live in a house with one bathroom/toilet.

Content:

Because I've broken two vessels for my french press in the last week and I'm not buying another at the grocery store for $10 less than a whole new press.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Josh Lyman posted:

I got an Amazon gift card and this thing has 4.5/5 stars with 95 reviews.

I can't say enough good things about Anker. I've been using their batteries in my smartphones for the last three years and in addition to my wife I know three other people who use their external battery packs with the same opinion. If their laptop batteries are as good as the rest of their products it should be as good as a new OEM battery.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Borrowed a French cuff shirt from a friend for an interview on Monday, he only has cufflinks with Freemason symbols and I'm terrified if I borrowed them one of the interviewers would be a mason, and would ask me some secret passphrase and/or engage in some secret handshake, etc. :tinfoil:

Also gently caress buying men's jewelery locally, Men's Wearhouse wanted $40 for a similar pair and I'll probably wear them one time.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Jaramin posted:

Make sure you dry it off super meticulously after you clean it(if you use water)

You're really not supposed to clean hair clippers with water. Brush off any remaining hair with a stiff bristle brush and periodically oiling the cutting surfaces is all it should ever need.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Coca Koala posted:

Is "Small Plate" a thing where restaurants give you more condiments than protein?

They also tend to sell you less food than what would be required to keep a famished toddler alive at a price that would feed a family of five for a full day or more.

Also in my experience "small plate" is a misnomer considering the plates are typically comically oversized with the tiny portion tucked into a corner.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Your budget is 15 european funbucks a month? What the gently caress man!

When you consider 15 euros buys you approximately three bites of food with some sauce brushed on the plate...

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
No picture but I spent $68 on being fingerprinted for a BCI & FBI background check so I can start a new job a week from Monday at a company that does IT support for K-12 schools.

Once it comes back clean I'll even get reimbursed for the cost :toot:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

este posted:

I'm curious as to how many of these actually work.

Was going to say this, when I was buying boxes of floppies in the early - mid 2000s (new with shrink wrap still on them) they had a failure rate around 1 out of every 3-4 disks. I don't imagine they've aged well.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
The ACA severely reeled in what you can buy with FSA. Pretty much everything that isn't a prescription was removed from the list, whereas previously you could pretty much buy anything over the counter that was vaguely health care related.

If you could get your doctor to somehow justify needing a bicycle you might be able to pull it off but I wouldn't bet on it.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

FishBulb posted:

Crazy hops ipas aren't even the big thing now it's all sours and barrel aged. Get with it

At least with barrel aged there's going to be some variety beyond "hops," "more hops" and "I emptied my fountain pen into a glass of seltzer water."

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

I'm guessing grocery store discount program - buy $X worth of groceries, get $Y off at the grocery store's gas stations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Now that I'm gainfully employed again I replaced my LG L90 (basically LG's version of the Moto G) with a OPO in sandstone black. Initial impression is it's a very good phone, but I don't know if it quite lives up to the "flagship killer" label they gave it. Can't beat the price for what you get though, and I'm more than happy to be slightly behind the bleeding edge in exchange for not spending nearly $1000 on a phone. Only real complaints are lack of external storage, the capacitive button backlighting could be a bit brighter and lack of accessories.

Geoj has a new favorite as of 03:58 on Jul 3, 2015

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Aphrodite posted:

Does it do something in the bezel on the bottom? That looks like a huge space.

It has the usual set of menu/home/back capacitive buttons there. You can turn them off and use on-screen buttons instead.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Are you sure you aren't thinking about a dedicated search button?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

corn in the fridge posted:

Aston is not owned by ford you dork!!!!!!!!!

They actually have about a 10% stake in the company. They used to be the majority shareholder before divesting in the late 2000s of most of their foreign holdings.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

spog posted:

I honestly want to know what the rest of the outfit looks like.

RCarr posted:

Same here. I have trouble picturing what kind of clothes you could actually pull off those ties with.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Bape Culture posted:

Speakers. I doubled my budget but I was absolutely blown away.

:mrgw:

Like this?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Prime Day still sucked noodles though.

Seconding this.

I mean, I guess if you needed a bunch of random bullshit it was a good sale but pretty much nothing jumped off the page at me.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Stevie Lee posted:

I had this the other day for the first time:

It's amazing. The lingering spiciness is great.

Had a 4oz glass of this in a flight about a month ago...it was good, but I can't imagine drinking an entire glass/bottle.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Is everyone buying guns or is this some TFR joint effort to add more fuel to a very stupid fire?

Yeah I'm guessing we're seeing the TFR equivalent of BYOB/FYAD deciding to "invade" another forum when something sets them off.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

PCOS Bill posted:

Get rid of the NFA, strip out 99% of gun laws, nationwide open/concealed carry without a license should be legal

...so what is the 1% of gun laws you'd keep :allears:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Scarf posted:

Coors Original is a hell of a lot better than high life thank you very much

To be fair you could say the same about a glass of tepid tap water.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Ragequit posted:

Love them other than the "finished" jingle. Sounds like an ice cream truck which is a little goofy.

I have a no-frills top loading Samsung HE washer and I can turn the jingle off, I would expect you can do the same with a higher-optioned model...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

jyrka posted:

Ages 16+?? Why? Is this the lego version of vanity sizing?

15/16 is probably the youngest age where you'd begin to appreciate something like that and not skip over it for the super cool set with lasers and guys with jet packs (etc.)