Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

overdesigned posted:

We have dinner reservations at Commander's Palace, we'll probably do some other food-related tourism because that's sort of Our Thing I guess. If you've got further recommendations I'm all ears.

Rageaholic Monkey is on the money about all his recommendations, but feel free to ask in the Louisiana thread for more :buddy:

On topic, I bought a lot and am building a house on it :derp:

The garage is in the back so as not to offend anyone who doesn't want to walk past cars.

VVVVVVVVVVV :lol: if you think anyone in the nola area can have a basement. If I dig a hole I'll hit water in about 5 minutes.

beanieson has a new favorite as of 21:29 on May 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I just bought this magnet off amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00123YGCC

Turns out my mailman is a bit of a joker.

What do you do with something like that?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

For what it is, way under what it should be. My sister took it in as a trade in a few weeks ago and we're splitting the cost 3 ways.

How many kilos of cocaine will it hold?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

SpartanIV posted:

What's wrong with the Keurig brand makers?

They are popular and therefore not cool

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

They are also the most wasteful, overpriced way to make a cup of coffee.

:lol: this is a thread full of wasteful and overpriced purchases

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

amenenema posted:

Having gone from Pandora to Spotify Premium to Google Play Music All Access I can confidently say that Play Music is the superior choice. Spotify is better than Pandora though, for sure.

Why do you like google better? I've used free spotify but never google :munch:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Bape Culture posted:

Black grilles coz chrome is mad whack.

:thumbsup: black wheels are next right?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Bape Culture posted:

I want white enkei nt03s I think :vince:

:stare: that.... could work

Just get rid if the chrome and it'll be an improvement.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Ok, that's cool as poo poo.

E46 is the last M3 I really liked the styling of :buddy:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

PoorPeteBest posted:

New cranks, wheels, tires, seat, and brakes on an old Raleigh frame.

Very cool, come post it in the Show Us Your Bike thread :buddy:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Preppin for the 4th of July :slick:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Count Freebasie posted:

Decided to buy my "I'm-an-rear end in a top hat-weekend-car."

'87 5.0 LX. I've always wanted one.

:hfive: what up rear end in a top hat weekend car buddy

I just bought a new battery for this thing, it's been sitting for almost 3 years :kiddo:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Without flip flops what do you wear to the pool/beach, or just to grab the newspaper in the morning?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Because bye bye money :homebrew:

I've been looking for a portable battery backup for phones/tablets whatever. Honestly this thing is too big for anything except camping but it's just such a neat gadget.

http://www.amazon.com/Goal-Zero-90110-Portable-Emergency/dp/B00JGR3QT0

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Caffeinated Bacon posted:

Nice! I've been debating on picking that up for a few weeks now. Have you had a chance to play with it yet? How's the solar / hand crack charging stuff?

it just got delivered this afternoon so I'm still tinkering. I turned on all the lights at full power and let it run down the battery, took about 5 hours as it wasn't fully charged. The crank works pretty well, it'll run a dim lantern/spot for a few minutes on about a minute of cranking. Hadn't played with the solar panel yet but it's completely dead now & I'm going to leave it on my dashboard tomorrow to see how well it charges throughout the day. Pleased with it over all, it's not too heavy but large and awkwardly shaped.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Asics Onitsuka Tigers & a battery charger w/solar panel cause solar is cool :awesome:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

:slick:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

FYI hybrids are terrible. return it if you still can

Two hybrids on the same page, one with an adjustable stem :negative:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Yeah I got some useful advice from the bike thread when I bought my hybrid (in between the "If you buy a hybrid, kill yourself" posts). Made sure I had a lockout on the shock, for example. But what's with the drawback of an adjustable stem?

edit: I assume they fail in some way. Possibly dangerously?

They're ugly and usually of dubious quality. It's just one more point of failure that offers no advantage over getting a stem that actually fits you.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Well, not if you plan to climb with it :colbert:

No, that says "hot for climbing," like it's raring to go.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I just assumed he bought that rifle to shoot at the cops :shrug:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

:eyepop: it's jr high all over again

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Picked up an iphone 6 because I am a consumer whore :thumbsup:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

oscarthewilde posted:

You must be a real ambitious one to buy a rower like that. I'm guessing the presidency?

I've got an overly complicated plan to become president of the local home owners association. I may have to throw a reporter in front of a golf cart.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Rowing isn't supposed to be fun. It's about hurting, puking, and waking up at 4:30 in the morning.

So like cycling? Awesome, I'm going to love this purchase :)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

It looks like a robot in a glass sarcophagus.

Johnny Five's alive! dead :smith:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

hackbunny posted:

Chicken embryo in resin block, for my girlfriend

:stare:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Where would one purchase such a fine shoe?

For content I just bought a blutooth transmitter for my tv so I can listen at a reasonable volume while on my spin bike/rowing machine (& not wake my toddler)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

New Bike repair stand Day :kiddo:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

big mean giraffe posted:

Winter is coming and I'll be prepared.

Me Too!

my winter is probably a lot milder than yours :sun:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Lightning deal on Amazon right now, I've been waiting to pull the trigger for a few weeks till a sale came up :slick:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Mechanix gloves because my current gloves are starting to die and these seem to have some pretty good reviews.

They are the best. Congrats on the color which is also the best.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Gonna need a link

E: found it http://www.rockabilia.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=%22Christmas+queens+of+the+stone+age+sweater

beanieson has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Dec 7, 2014

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Hummingbirds posted:

I thought that too at first but apparently lots of reindeer species have females with antlers.
:goonsay:

Whatever man, don't assign your gender roles to my reindeer sweater.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Sappo569 posted:

That's awesome but I don't like slayer.

Any other similar band sweaters?

Well, this Wu Tang Clan sweater aint nothing to gently caress with

http://shreddersapparel.com/products/36-chambers-knit-w-sweater-pre-order

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

strangemusic posted:

I must not get the joke. Why does everyone love these patches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItzslynRhwg

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

I wanted a little bluetooth gadget for listening to audiobooks and doing Siri stuff, and the Motorola Hint is out of my price range at the moment. This one is only $15 (with prime shipping) and has the best reviews of all the products like it. Link here, for the interested.

How do you like it? I've been looking for something similar.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Actually this is the best cheap(ish) ballpoint

http://www.amazon.com/Zebra-Point-Retractable-Black-Stainless/dp/B00HM7IXUS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1421031358&sr=8-5&keywords=Zebra+f+701

$7 for 1, 2 pack for $12 on prime. I dare you to try one and tell me it's inferior to any other cheap ballpoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Link please?