Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I became a homeowner!

And with that I made my first homeowner purchases.
These to fix the 2 toilets with poo poo valves in them:

And this to fix the leaky shower:

Hooray for being an adult I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Coffee And Pie posted:

My friends were all getting kind of sick of Cards Against Humanity, and I heard this was fun.

I found a good way to revitalize CAH was a new game "Pictionary against humanity" where you use randomly drawn white cards as a Pictionary category. Get a dry erase board and some markers and have at it.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

rockinricky posted:

I have one of these on the way.

Thank you for reminding me this was coming out. Purchased mine as well.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

overdesigned posted:

I bought a robot to clean my floors for me, because I'm exceptionally lazy.

I have one of these, I think. Mine is called "Mint" though. It looks identical so I assume IRobot bought them out. It works pretty well. Not perfect, but it makes it so we don't have to sweep our hard wood floors that often.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

ChocNitty posted:

This Japanese game called Ni No Kuni. It looks like I am watching a Miyazaki animation, not playing a video game.

Should be pretty sweet.

Amazing soundtrack and probably the best RPG I've played in the past decade. Enjoy.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
This to hopefully get my GS3 running on more than 1 hour of battery life until I can get a new phone

This because wedding

Down payment on some catering for these, also because wedding

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

District Donuts in NOLA? My man :hfive:

I was given a dozen of those for my birthday this year and I ate one a day for 12 days. poo poo was delicious.

It will be the best groomscake

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

I'm so glad we have woot fatigue posts back in this thread

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Board game spin off of Newsies is very weird.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I am surprised that is not a woot fatigue post.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
You're lucky he is even coming your way. I'll always have my Running With Scissors tour memories and my signed CD

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Already saving up for my WWOZ brass pass. I am going to die from going so many days this year, but I will die a pleasant and cultured death.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Scarf posted:

Are you from New Orleans? Or at least know it well?

My next purchase will be on AirBnB... I need to lock down a place to stay. So any recommendations on neighborhoods to avoid would be great. I've only been once.

Will you have your own transportation?
The city is very up and down, on one block you will have multi million dollar homes, the next you'll have dilapidated shotgun doubles.

If you can find something in the Gentilly, Navarre, mid city, or Lakeview area in airbnb, that's gonna be your best area for least travel to the fairgrounds. The further East you get in the Gentilly area and the closer South you get to i10 in mid city, the sketchier it gets. Staying close to city park will yield best results but may also be most expensive. There's also handy jazzfest shuttles in the area.
Uptown is nice, but even with your own transportation, it's a pain in the rear end to get anywhere from Uptown.
I don't care for the bywater but some people love it. You will need your own transportation though.

You can probably get a lot more info in the Louisiana thread on the travel board

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Scarf posted:

Went ahead and preordered a poster for jazz fest this year so I won't have to carry it around during the festival.

This years poster features Big Chief Bo Dollis, who unfortunately passed away earlier this year, just before the poster was unveiled.

For awhile, I thought they had thrown together that poster right after his death as a commemoration , but I just recently found out that was the planned poster all along and him passing away was just unfortunate timing. Quite sad. I think I'm skipping this year's poster though. I have a couple years in tubes collecting dust because I'm too cheap to frame right now.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

LTBS posted:

Also the Dear Leader

and the Supreme Leader of the DPRK

These obscure no explanation posts really need to stop. Is this gun, bike, or car parts?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
My old sunglasses broke, so time for a new cheap pair:

And for smoking:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

AlexF posted:

Prime Day was a mixed bag at best, but at the end everything worked out just fine as this thing popped up for a cool 37€:

I was running dagerously low at home so now I'm a happy Swanson.

What the poo poo your Amazon has lagavulin on it? And all we got were 6 varieties of Moscow mule mugs and more multi port USB docks?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
A dozen of these for the crazy low price of $27

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Etrips posted:

Where at?

Home Depot

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Purchased (or rather financed) a couch:

Now to try and patiently wait 4-8 weeks.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

spog posted:

How many people live in your house?

And how big is your front room?

Just 2 of us, but we entertain a lot. And our living room can fit it and more so I'm not worried.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

dpack_1 posted:

A few casual clothes to update my wardrobe:

And somehow these showed up as a recommendation while shopping on amazon, and with halloween coming up i couldn't resist a few packs of them:

What assassins creed character are you dressing as for halloween?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Figure I'll be the first to post this,
12/17 7pm IMAX 3D tickets to this:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Chinaman7000 posted:

Batteries havent been an issue for me but my fuckin volume down button broke after a year or so, and my wife thinks my expensive tv remote is useless and a bad purchase now. But she doesn't know poo poo.

I much prefer the newer remote that has the base station and phone app. End up using the app more than the remote itself, to be honest.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

colas posted:

I know this isn't a new discovery but, $42 for the printer and $30 for new ink cartridges... is this poo poo ever going to get better? One review said that it tells you the ink is empty when it's not. Can you get a decent printer that's not a b/w laser?

Yeah, when people begin to realize print is stupid and start using digital for everything. I pine for the day some world wide occurrence fries every fax machine in existence.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

beefnoodle posted:

A couple of these, to consolidate storage sprawl.

This triggered my Fallout 4 looting reflex

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Been having this on my wishlist for awhile to add to the collection. Dropped to $5 on amazon with prime shipping, so I couldn't say no

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
No crunch wrap or dorito taco? What's even the point of going to taco bell then?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Oneiros posted:

That's a lot of mudbugs :stare:

Maybe if you're only having like 3 people over I guess.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Leon's campaign was entertaining. Everyone else's was awful.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Inzombiac posted:

You and everyone else has been saying this so I've learned to have a sense of reverence around it. It came with a spiky cup/handle to keep my precious sausage-grabbers safe.

You will one day feel the temptation to ditch that cumbersome guard tool because it does a lovely job and it's just so easy to hold the cucumber and slice.

Don't give in to this temptation.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Not gonna lie man, pedialyte popsicles are a life saver when you have some food poisoning issues. I've had days where I couldn't keep down powerade, much less crackers or anything, but I could keep down those.

Worth the 5$ or whatever they cost. If you have a freezer anyway, they are in the baby food aisle at whatever store you shop at.

Also great for summer hangovers!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I bought a car

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Sorry auto goons, I opted for the DSG because I have never learned manual and don't want to start on my first real car purchase nor do I have much of a desire to.

I'm not a big satellite radio fan, so I'll probably never use that free trial.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Grabbed a few items from the Prime sale:
A nice lamp for my desk:

A band cover to fix the messed up bubble on my Charge HR

And carry on luggage

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I will never take for granted the amazing liquor laws of my state. You want a beer Sunday at 7am and want it to go? No prob. Want to get a daiquiri in a drive thru? Sure thing, want a gallon or large?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Coredump posted:

Umm, what state is this? Asking for a friend.

The great state of "former KKK leader qualified for US Senate debate" Louisiana.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Lawen posted:

Excellence in Punta Cana. We stayed at the Iberostar a couple years ago and liked it but Excellence was a bit cheaper this year and reviews were about equal.

We stayed at that exact resort for our honeymoon a couple years ago over Thanksgiving. It was the most fantastic and carefree vacation experience I ever had. They had a special Thanksgiving dinner and there were live turkeys walking around and a monkey to take pictures with.

I hope you got a club level room. The club lounge is a fantastic little hideaway and they always have some different type of snacks in there along with top shelf liquor.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If you have the desire to dip your crawfish in butter, then they aren't seasoned well.
If you really need butter, put some on the boil potatoes or corn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

nocal posted:

A 2b/2b condo, in California, right in the mid 6 figures.

This is a really weird username/post