Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

PleasusChrist posted:

As for purchases, I just bought a 6 inch BMT from Subway. It was about as bad as I was expecting it to be. I have to get one every few months to remind myself that it isn't good.

I just did the opposite & purchased one of these:

Bánh mì from a local Asian grocery store deli next to my friend's place in Seattle. I don't eat sandwiches too often (much less bánh mì) so I need to remind myself that these are excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Needed stuff for work so I stopped by IKEA.

TORKAD to hold paper towels. Mounted it to a column to take up less space.

VOLMAR with armrests because my old chair was crap and this was at the "As-Is" section for over 30% off.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My 6 year-old Macbook Pro died, so it was time to replace it.

2013 13" Macbook Air with 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 512 flash drive & Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB video card. Saved $400 since it was refurbished. Now to find a case sturdy enough to keep this baby alive when I get into the inevitable bicycle accident...

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Gel cups for my Peltor Comtacs & MSA Sordins. Makes wearing them for long hours not so horrible.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Surefire V2 Vampire flashlight.

Ameriglo CAP night sights for my Glock 19 in orange. I didn't get a Glock front sight tool so installing this will be... Interesting. When I do get them installed I plan on practicing low-light shooting drills.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

crosshatch posted:

Got a couple new dressers so my girlfriend and I can stop living out of suitcases and dumpster furniture:

Good thing I bought this to drink after I help you move that to your apartment:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Oakley M-Frames 2.0 with helo kit.

Benchmade Mini-Barrage.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
In my sleep-deprived state, I stared at that this thinking, "Is the 3rd plug for his 3rd ear? Is that something like your 3rd eye? Nah, people only have 2 ears... Maybe it's for... the urethra?" :catdrugs:

Content:

+

=

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Because I'm an idiot & didn't think of buying one for cheaper until the last minute, I snagged this at the local service center when I dropped my car off for repairs while I'm on a road trip with my sister this weekend.

That way I can still do work stuff on my Macbook Air while driving through the desolate parts of Texas & Arizona.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

My Boston buddy Liz Prince stopped by Portland on her "Tomboy" book tour so I got a copy & had her sign it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Bought tickets to see Dave Attell at Helium a while ago, but the show is this Saturday.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The rainy season in Portland is upon us, so time to prep & clean up my jackets for the season.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Novara Headwind Bike Gloves.

Fellow studio-mate & goon Crosshatch recommended these gloves for riding in the winter, and they're on sale at REI. Found out that getting the women's version gives me better touchscreen controls since it's more snug than the men's version.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The great REI Garage Sale was this weekend, so I snagged a couple things.

REI Adventures Pants.

JOOS Orange to charge my iPhone & GPS when I'm out camping.

I then went to a Goodwill & found these in my size.

Adidas Stan Smith Adicolor Tron BL4's.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Arc/teryx Alpha jacket in Crocodile. I like the stowaway hood compared to my Theta, which has actually collected water when I wasn't using it while biking one rainy day.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Arc'teryx Perimeter pants in tamarind. Friend saw them on the clearance rack at the local REI & snagged them for me. Looking forward to testing them out on my next bike commute in the rain.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I got my sister's old Canon EOS Rebel for Christmas, so I figured I should get some things for it.

Spare batteries.

Compact Flash adapter so I can use the MicroSD cards from my Contours.

Gonna take some pics from Multnomah Falls & the Mt. Saint Helens area this weekend.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I think my beer is judging me...

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

strangemusic posted:

You should hold on to a few of those.

Why? My local grocery store regularly stocks it & I don't need a reminder of how low my self-esteem is.
Content:

2 external hard drives.

7-port USB3 hub.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I like that the hub isn't any bigger than it needs to be. But why are there switches for each port? I've never seen a hub with that feature.

I have no idea. Even more fun when I accidentally hit one of the switches to the port that my old external hard drive was connected to while I was transferring files. :mad:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

crosshatch posted:

I preordered a doormat made of a piece of the old Portland airport carpet because I'm an insufferable hipster douchebag.
I'm trying to talk myself out of redoing the floors in my house with the PDX airport carpet.

To stake my own claim to being an insufferable hipster douchebag...

End result of a hot towel straight razor shave from here:

The Modern Man over in Montavilla. Offered a shot of whiskey at 10AM, and noticed one of my old studio mates did the hand lettering & has his beard products on sale at this location.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Muerte posted:

1. You are not a hipster
2. Hipsters don't call themselves hipsters
3. Don't call yourself a hipster

Thank goodness you set me straight. I was worried living in Portland for about 10 years automatically transformed me into one. :jerkbag:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

iPhone 6 128GB with a couple extra Lightning cables & a Lifeproof Nüüd case.
Retail therapy sometimes works.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Reverse Centaur posted:

Two nights at Westin Portland

You're coming in at the perfect time, as the "rain season" is over (honestly this year was alarmingly dry).

VendaGoat posted:

Check out powell's city of books, if you're a reader.
If you have a huge rear end, Voodoo Doughnuts.
http://groundkontrol.com/ Ground Kontrol bar and arcade, if you like classic arcade games.
Deschutes Brewery, because I missed it and you better loving like beer.

I also missed the Vegan Strip club, but really, what's the point?

The people are very friendly, the town is walkable, it's a good time. I have to go back, when I have more than a day and am not sick.
Powell's is awesome for bibliophiles. There's also Boxer Ramen nearby, which is my favorite place if I'm in the mood for noodles.
Voodoo Donuts is very touristy if that's your thing; if you want a legitimately better donut but without the kitsch check out Blue Star Donuts .
Deschutes Brewery is pretty nice. I prefer 10 Barrel Barrel Brewing Co. & they just opened a new location downtown too.

Casa Diablo is the vegan strip club, but it's kind of far walk-wise from downtown. Mary's Club is the one in the heart of downtown, but honestly it's just a strip club with some history.

If there's one thing worth checking out it's the Portland Underground Shanghai Tunnels tour. Discover Portland's pirate history!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Trillest Parrot posted:

Go to Union Jack's if you want to go to a decent strip club in Portland, go to Voodoo Donuts if you want a donut coated with stale cereal.

The problem is that Union Jack's is on the East Side, so it's a decent hike if walking across the Burnside Bridge. I make this assumption because

Reverse Centaur posted:

Thanks for all the Portland tips, friends. I don't plan to make much of a plan - just wander north and east until I hit river.
makes me think he's walking around downtown. Don't get me wrong; Union Jack's is pretty cool ( :britiain: -themed strip club). If you're going East Side then there's Pirate's Cove where you can see some spectacular booty. :v:

:ninja: edit: I was going to list more decent strip clubs but that will reveal way too much of what I know of the area. :buddy:

Real edit: poo poo, :69snypa: ...

Beyond HELIOS Brokk Pant with a 40% coupon.

Android Apocalypse has a new favorite as of 04:46 on Mar 28, 2015

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
While Embers, Silverado & CC Slaughters are perfectly fine gay establishments, that's not quite my scene.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Nice kicks. I may pick up a set since I'm running my Gazelles into the ground.
Content:
Stopped by local comics store for 1st time in about 2 years & picked up some stuff:

The Shaolin Cowboy Burly Man Comics TBP

The Shaolin Cowboy Adventure Magazine, collection of stories with Darrow's art.

Battle Angel Alita: The Last Order Omnibus Volume 2. I didn't realize they're up to the 5th Omnibus, so I have a lot to catch up on.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

obi_ant posted:

I remember reading the series many years ago. How's the story / quality so far?

I'm a sucker for Yokito Kishiro & so far his art holds up. I'm curious how he's going to wrap up a lot of plot threads he's got going though...

I bought these a week ago while in CA on my way to Yosemite but whatevs.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Burly Man comics series (original story/1st appearance of the Shaolin Mon) is regular size. The newer Dark Horse Comics series (new story) one is available in a large format hardcover. I wasn't aware of the adventure series, hence me picking it up. IIRC that should be all the Shaolin Cowboy stories.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Minus Pants posted:

(with firmware hack to E8)

colas posted:

The hell's that thing?

Looks like a FLIR E4. Perfect when you want to pretend you're the Predator.

Content:
Twelve of these

Leinenkugel's Big Butt Doppelbock

And a boneless leg of lamb for tomorrow.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hm, I am intrigued by this device.

I may have to pick one up for work.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I know the bottom is an offset Scout light mount, but is the top a sling swivel or a barricade stop?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Tickets to see this on April 30th at the Bagdad Theater.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
You know that there will be dorks that will. AFAIK there won't be a stinger at the end of this one though.

Repro Altyn with working communications system.

Beat to poo poo KZS uniform.

Gonna do some Red Dawn-style bbwarz stuff in early May.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Leeetle dildos

Biiiiiig dildos

Also bought tickets for a showing of this movie in one of the local second-run theaters.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kickstarter for the hardcover version of The Drawings of Bob Peak."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Eh, I'm in the "clean up immediately after cooking before eating" camp. I figure that I'll be in a food coma after my meal, and the time to quickly put stuff in the dishwasher/wipe the kitchen down gives my food time to rest. This comes in handy when cooking meat, where if you don't rest the food you get all the juices squirting out.

Not purchased yet, but debating whether to get the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight on PPV at my own place for $100 with a couple friends or go to a bar that's got a $30 cover.

Actual purchases:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Figured it would be cheaper/more fun to see it at home & watch it with friends.

Making chicken wings for the fights.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

full breakfast-style sandwich from this Engish food cart near work called The Kingsman. They ran out of bacon to they gave me double bangers. No beans either. Worst off, no captured princess offered their rectum to me for sexual pleasure when I finished eating it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Trabant posted:

Saving the world is a prerequisite, I think.
I assumed eating this sandwich was the culinary equivalent.