Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm going to assume blarzgh has some back problems so this will be a very wearable brace.

Content: I was up in Seattle for the weekend & went to a new favorite greasy spoon diner.

Pancake Chef hat & mug.

Other side has a cool little logo.

Also pictured are the $5 8-bit style sunglasses I got at a gas station so that I can be all :frogc00l: .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

SLOSifl posted:

Can you move the mug so we can see how many dicks are in your mouth?

Joke's on you. My mouth is comprised of prehensile dicks.

Bought these volumes of Black Lagoon from a friend of a friend. The transaction itself happened outside work, where she came up with the books in her hand & cash in mine. There was the exchange and she hopped into the car waiting for her down the street. To anybody observing it looked like some nerd equivalent of a drug deal.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
S'allright. It's tough being Secret Agent Cool Dad, with those long hours at Nintendo Squad. The greasy spoon diner acumen is built up from after long nights of drinking after work to forget the fact you kids are ungrateful little shits.

Content:

Fandango'ed tickets for this modern misandrist propaganda flick.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

New carbon scraper for my Leatherman Mut because I was an idiot & tried to use it to pry loose a shotgun blank from a mortar simulation round.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There's a Leatherman store here in Portland, where I went to get this part. I can see if they sell the Wave's screwdriver separately next time I'm up in that area.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Just spent $345 to change my Alaska Airlines flight from Thursday, June 4 to Friday, June 5. All this because my mom's neurologist just happened to have an opening for an appointment open up and my sister pressured me to take Mom in while I'm still in the state. :mad:

I think I'll walk over to the local liquor store & buy some alcoholic stress relief. Pics may follow

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Totally TWISTED posted:

Sounds like your sister owes you half of that at least. Or maybe a nice aged whiskey? or whisky or fuckit whatever just drink

I would ask for compensation, but then my sister would throw it back in my face by mentioning she's been taking care of Mom for the last 5 years without my lazy rear end helping in any significant way.
Drama involving sick family members can be the worst sometimes. :smith:

Related content: I am a cheap drunk.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

SSO Atacka-4 60L backpack. Should be big enough to carry all my crap when I go out on weekends to play pretend Russian soldier.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Forums buddy Crosshatch happened to get an extra one of these by accident, so now I have this:

Fortius Arms Keybiner.

Nice & slick way to carry keys.

Also has a ton of cool little tools incorporated.

But we all know this is the tool I will be using the most with this new doohickey.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

DrBouvenstein posted:

Depends on the key brick/car.

I just ordered one of these:

That's one I liked too, but if you goons looked at the KeyBiner photo you'll see there's key ring holes near the screwdriver for just that purpose.

big mean giraffe posted:

Man that'll look slick next to your cell phone hip holster.
Nah, the phone goes in the cargo shorts thigh pocket. Hip real estate is taken with Glock, 2 spare magazines, Leatherman MUT (with pouch to hold all driver bits) and Surefire V2 Vampire. Because the streets of Portland, OR be rough for a playa heading to his office job where he sits on his rear end all day.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The point of tactical pens is that they're a high-end shiv that you have on your person. When you go through metal detectors at a courthouse/airport/federal building, you toss them in the tray along with your keys & watch. The person manning the checkpoint doesn't pay any attention to it and you've now got a weapon in an area you're not supposed to.

poo poo, I just told people how to stage another 9/11, didn't I? :tinfoil: :911:

CONTENT:

Portland's getting ridiculously hot & this was literally the last one available at Fred Meyer.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Today has been :retrogames: and it's barely past 10AM PST.

New ice maker for my GE refrigerator. It looks like the heat wave has passed Portland but it's still nice to have chilled drinks on demand.

Amazon Prime Day is not helping my wallet either...
Food stuff:

Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S Programmable Cook and Carry Oval Slow Cooker

Car stuff:

TuningPros WV-098 Window Visor Deflector Rain Guard Dark Smoke 4-pc Set

Black Box G1W Original Dashboard Dash Cam - Full HD 1080P H.264 2.7" LCD Car DVR Camera Video Recorder with G-Sensor Night Vision Motion Detection WDR 140° Wide Angle 4X Zoom - NT96650 + AR0330

Gun stuff:

Tru Glo Front Sight Installation Tool for Glock

Book stuff:

Black Powder Red Earth vol 1-6

The Activity, Vol. 3

Yellow Green Beret: Stories of an Asian-American Stumbling Around U.S. Army Special Forces

Android Apocalypse has a new favorite as of 21:27 on Jul 15, 2015

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
REI Garage sales make me all :signings:

Salomon Quest 4D 2 GTX's.

Camelbak Eddy & Kleen Canteen 27oz.

Chums Zipquix Zipper Pulls - Package of 5.

Earlier last week I also took a trip to Tactical Tailor's remodel opening in Lakewood & picked up some stuff.

McNett Tactical Ultra Compact Microfiber Towel & Camo Form. Reusable Heavy-Duty Fabric Wrap in MultiCam.

3M Peltor Combat Arms Earplugs. When the yellow end is inserted into the ear it allows regular noise to pass thru & only blocks high-end decibel levels, while the green end provides continuous passive protection at an NRR rating of 22 dB.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Yeah, Salomons are now my go-to hiking footwear now.

Left-right on the top row:
XA PRO MID GTX
Quest 4D 2 GTX
X Ultra 2 GTX
XA 3D Ultra 2
Lonely old Vasque Breeze 2.0 GTX (out of rotation since they really busted up my toes one hike)

I should note not all those shoes are mine, but in the garage are my Belleville ACU insulated desert winter combat boot I use for mowing my lawn, Danner Stingers for when I need something with steel toes, and various Nikes/Adidas/Doc Marten/Merrell shoes/boots I haven't bothered to throw out yet.

poo poo, I really am becoming Imelda Marcos, aren't I? :cryingphilippineflagemote:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

RCarr posted:

"Which pair of filthy brown colored shoes should I wear today?"

The correct response is "The low-ankle sneakers with the black trim." :v:

Unrelated, just got new rotor brakes for my '06 P71 Interceptor. I should sell some of my shoes to pay for the repairs. :(

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Played this last weekend, with Crosshatch & his fiancé. Hoping to get this in for this weekend's game night with some other friends.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Goongratulations on perpetuating a Pacific Northwest stereotype. Just need the Birkenstocks. ;)

Got these a while ago, but didn't have a chance to post my nerdy findings.

In yellow and orange.

And for my buddy Crosshatch and his new bride, fancy stuff on their wedding registry list.

(click for details)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I know that's a joke, but the fact that Inara in Firefly is a "courtesan" is why you'll never see an official Lego version of the Serenity.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The lights in my kitchen all decided to go out at the same time. The flood light over the sink was just a simple replacement with one of these:

75W Equivalent Daylight (5000K) BR30 Dimmable LED Light Bulb

My 48" fluorescents also needed replacements, so I got 4 of these:

InstantFit 4 ft. T8 32-Watt Cool White (4000K) Linear LED Light Bulb
Unfortunately, these lights didn't seem to turn on, so I realized I needed to replace my ballasts with 2 of these:

AmbiStar 120-Volt 3 to 4-Lamp T8 Instant Start Electronic Fluorescent Replacement Ballast

Now I don't have to cook by the light of my open refrigerator.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This mask

and got a local sign maker to make a copy of this

Gonna wrap the banner around me like a toga and be this

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

PCOS Bill posted:

I bought this decal for my bike

Where'd you get that? My friend just completed his motorcycle safety course & I'd like to get this for him when he buys his first set of wheels.
:ninja: edit: Hah, Google reverse image search brought us this gem.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Got a bargain on this...

Denon AVR-X2000 receiver. I went to a local high end audio shop to get a new Bluetooth speaker for work. I asked the guy helping me if they might have something older or used in the $100 range to replace my ancient Onkyo receiver which has been acting up lately.

They had the Denon I bought laying in their workshop for months with some superficial shipping damage. They sold it to me for $100 even. Brand new aside from the dented chassis and typically sells for around $400. It sounds so much better than that antique Onkyo. I'm over the moon happy with it.

I've found that just asking somebody politely if they have a bargain that may not be advertised the people that work in these local shops will hook a person up. I even got a discount on the boombox!

Dammit my Onkyo receiver is acting up too (audio starts popping then cuts out). Will lurk around nearby electronics stores to see if there's anything approaching this level of a deal. I'll probably upgrade my Logitech Harmony remote while I'm at it too.

As for recent purchases:

Being sick sucks.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kangaroo, wild game, original flavored & pepper garlic salmon jerky from https://jerkeymen.com's booth at the latest gun show. Love their burlap bag packaging.

Purchased earlier in the week when I was sick, couldn't pass this up when getting cold medication at Walgreens.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Picked up one of these

As much as I like hoodies I hate wearing 2 hooded items when it rains (my Goretex jacket has a hood too). Track jackets seem like a good compromise.
I admit though it's no 1984 year Sarajevo Olympic Commemoration Model Training Jacket, but it's close enough for me to complete my Sasha cosplay.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Oil change, new spark plugs, and a replacement keyless entry fob for this:

My sister's 2005 Prius. Since she's in DC I'm fixing it up for her as a Christmas present (also we're driving cross-country in January).

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Been debating on it for awhile but broke down and bought a phillips wake up light

Huh, a $150 item that combines my clock radio, my lamp with natural light bulbs & my old outlet timer that I used to combine with my Christmas lights.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
So who's Steam account did you log into when you plugged it in? :v:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

CaseFace McGee posted:

Off topic. Mods?

Sorry for your car bro.

Bathroom fan decided it didn't always want to turn on when we flipped the switch. Thing is too loud, and doesn't pull much moisture out of the air during a shower, so when I check the wiring and ducting I'll just replace it with this model that has a humidity sensor to pull more air above a set humidity level.

If only it had an odor sensor :nexus:

Got a link? Apparently while I was gone my guest bathroom's fan decided to crap out on me.

In other purchasing news, looks like I'll need to have a leak in my roof repaired. :sigh:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

flosofl posted:

What happens when you have one left?

If you trim off the bananas with scissors instead of tearing them off, you'll leave enough stem to still hang the remaining banana.

Content:

Broan 683L ceiling fan with light (x2). I was looking at those Nutone ones that was suggested earlier but they were too big to fit in the existing spot.

Timer switches for said fans.
Will install them on Saturday so I'll see how good I am at not electrocuting myself.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

dreesemonkey posted:

Save your receipt. I had a similar Leviton that lasted only about a month once installed, it started making an awful buzzing noise. I would have returned it, but I bought it several months before I had actually installed it (when I was renovating a bathroom) and assumed amazon wouldn't take it back.

I bought a lutron and it's been perfect since.

Oh! Thanks for the heads up. Will look for the Lutron ones.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Adidas AOP camo jacket. The pattern itself has an interesting history: when filming the 1984 film Red Dawn, the production crew used photos of Russians in Afghanistan wearing the camo pattern kamuflirovannyi letnyi maskirovochnyi kombinezon (KLMK) as reference, as they had no access to the actual uniforms the USSR was using at the time.

(Ref. Pic of Soviet soldiers
In KMLK).

The problem was that the pics they used were in black & white so they had no idea what the colors were, so production took a stab in the dark & chose their own color scheme.

Bonus purchase: earlier in February I happened to be at a local army surplus store & found some uniforms in that pattern.

I doubt these are the actual uniforms from the film (I've heard that some companies got hold of the pattern & made repros) but it was too cool to pass up.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I Am Not Spor posted:

Optimus Crux Lite. It saves .4 ounces off of the regular Crux! And it's ~4 ounces lighter than what I've got right now.

First backpacking trip of the year is in six weeks. Time to :homebrew:

Nice! I got a Jetboil Flash for $20 from a friend that he thought was stuck on an old fuel canister. Not the lightest option, but drat does it get water boiled quickly.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Some car stuff…

Since some guy thought it would be a good idea to merge into my lane without looking, had the side doors & back panel fixed.

Later that month completely blew out a tire. Luckily I have a full spare in the trunk. Still had to pick up another Toyo all-weather tire to keep things consistent.

Luckily I got a friend whose family runs an auto body shop, so they helped me get my ride back up & running.

She's looking a lot better now. I'll be getting the windows tinted when I get back from CA.

(Not pictured: replaced my front hub assemblies & changed the oil/oil filter)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

PCOS Bill posted:

I hope you didn't pay money to fix a Crown Vic.

I didn't. The other guy's insurance did.

Pretty much, though it is nice to not be pulled over for DWB anymore.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Not as much a purchase but the punch on my Leatherman MUT broke at the screw-on end, so I went to their Portland brick & mortar store to get it fixed. They just grabbed one out of the package & replaced the whole thing for me. That's customer service.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Great purchase. The cool thing is if/when you tip the thing and you watch the fire go around the neoprene sleeve but not catch on fire.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Nearby Russian grocery store had a whole wall of canned fishes. Picked up 5 different offerings; don't know how these are but there's only one way to find out.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Dewgy posted:

Decided to finally buy a serious soldering iron.

This little bastard doesn't screw around, that's for sure. I'm gonna solder so much poo poo. :black101:

That's pretty neat. I just bought replacement tips on mine.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Got some comicsgraphic novels:

Fight Club 2 signed by Chuck Palahniuk at a book promotion/screening of Fight Club at the Hollywood Theatre.

The Sheriff of Baghdad; heard it's good, and the write apparently was CIA in Iraq around this time.

Killing and Dying because I can't get enough of Adrian Tomine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

On a suggestion from a friend after I liked the copy of Imperial Life in the Emerald City he lent me.