Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

I bought another stupid-cool looking bag because I guess this is who I am now?

I did a bunch of traveling this summer with a large messenger bag and rollaboard and it made me want to get a backpack to help out my back, but everything in the 25-30L range is like $250 wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

I'm not affiliated in any way with them and this isn't a referral link, but Madison Seating has a lot of high-end furniture for 1/4-1/3 of retail price, free shipping, and a 10y warranty. I have a Leap and my brother has an Aeron, both are great chairs and it comes down to personal preference.
My friend's sister used to work for furniture dealers and is starting a job with Miller Knoll in a month. Historically, she's been able to get stuff around 60% off, though it's not clear what the discount is now post-merger. That said, I got mine for 20% off and I'd have to eat the original and return shipping (I still have the box) and waiting a least a month depending on whether there's a grace period before she feels comfortable ordering one for me. Regardless of shipping costs and a lower discount, it would still be a significant amount of money, but I feel kinda icky about it, especially since I've had the chair for about 40 days (I did initiate a return last week at the end of the 30 day return period just in case but I haven't followed up).

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Sep 25, 2023

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I may be getting more into hiking and though I have a pair of old (though lightly worn) Timberland Gore-Tex hiking boots, I'm visiting Costa Rica next month and everything I've read says that waterproof shoes turn into sweat houses unless it's cold. Conveniently, Arc'Teryx's outlet is having a winter sale.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

thathonkey posted:

i have vision insurance through my job and it's basically worthless. they will pay for 1-2 boxes of contacts per year (not month)... OR same amount of money towards frames and lenses (around 150$ or so iirc) which never comes close to covering the entire thing. it covers an eye exam also which is around 100$ value.
I’ve had multiple pairs of glasses from Warby Parker and they’re great, better than the overpriced Luxottica crap I got in previous years from LensCrafters.

With insurance, I had to pay $110 for a contact lens exam but part of that was an up charge for an eyeball microscopic camera thing. I only get eye exams every other year these days because my prescription is super stable so it’s fine.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Suggestions for a 2024 calendar? I hang it in my bathroom to have a quick check of the ordering of weeks in the month when I brush my teeth. I usually get one with cat pics but I was thinking of something educational/informational this year.

This is the best one I’ve found but $20 seems like a lot https://a.co/d/4u7vrFd

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 08:46 on Jan 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

2 years in with our Rav4 hybrid and love it. If we needed a second that's what the wife would have gotten. Great cars.
I really like the idea of the RAV4 hybrid, but whenever I have to get into a tight parking spot, I think that just getting a newer Prius makes more sense.