Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Went in looking for new boots (which were out of stock). Walked out with

Camelback Omega 3L

Fenix Ld22 LED torch (which is awesome)

Cleaning kit for the Camelback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

A Seidio case for my Nexus 7 - because it needs one and I am really happy with these cases.

A case for my ATH-M50's because I love them so much I am getting a second pair to take with me everywhere.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Spintires purchase on Steam.

I managed to lose my UAZ into a river, rolled a logging truck into a ditch (and stuck between said ditch a tree) and bogged the flatbed. I love it.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Wanted to get a nice jacket as I realised I only have one jacket that fits me across the shoulders anymore.

5.11 Sabre 2.0 Jacket.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

5.11 Shield Boots to replace my very well worn down everyday boots.

Benchmade Hunt Series First Production
Wanted a nice knife that will last a long time.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Nothingman posted:

[quote="Whoforthenwhat" post="433423929"]

5.11 Shield Boots to replace my very well worn down everyday boots.

the shiny part on these peels off pretty quick and the soles love to detach, particularly around the heel or the middle on either side, around the 1 month mark, just to let you know.

Thanks for the heads up. With the amount of walking I do each day, if they don't last a month, I still have the receipt and will be letting them know. Its hard to find nice, smart-ish looking boots with a safety toe that I can walk around in lots :(

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

G502 Proteus Core
My G9 is finally starting to die and now that The G9x is no longer in production, had to find something similar.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Been wanting a phone dock for my desk for a while, but didn't see the need to pay for the substantially more expensive Samsung dock that has the HDMI out on it.

A Sony 5000MaH battery bank to keep my phone going when streaming Spotify over bluetooth.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

5.11 Rush 24 to use as my 'chuck everything in - but have it organised for a change' day pack.
This thing has a hilarious amount of molle points on it.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

kannonfodder posted:

Because I'm a giant nerd, I ordered this back in June and forgot about it completely. They sent an email saying it's finally shipped, so now I'm excited to get it again.
*huge table destroying image*

Might want timg that image.

Content:

RCBS Deburring tool, to tidy up my cases that are catching on the magazine causing FTF's.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Leupold Rangefinder because I am awful at judging distance.

*edit* and steam sale:

Whoforthenwhat has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Oct 18, 2014

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Realised I haven't watched movies in years, bought a few that I don't own yet to get me back into it.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Chronograph to find out what speeds things are flying out of various firearms.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Blue Yeti Microphone - because I am sick of using cheapo ones that break or the wires fray after a few months.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

A stud finder so I can put holes in my walls and hang shelves and not get electrocuted.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Mechanix gloves because my current gloves are starting to die and these seem to have some pretty good reviews.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Samsung Note Edge
Upgrade time for my contract, so far loving it.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Elite Dangerous was released for digital download. So that's todays purchase

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

SgtScruffy posted:

Got a Fitbit Charge HR now that they're out, except in Black. Hopefully throwing money at a New Year's Resolution means I'll stick with it!

The little party the fitbit does when you hit your goal is a surprisingly good motivator. I end up doing a few more laps around work if I am yet to hit it each day.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Tulip Candy posted:

Oh gently caress yeah, I can go eat there this week!

I CAN acquire it!

I bought a stupid little pen to draw on my stupid little phone

Is this a capacitive pen? If so, link please, been looking for one with an actual point instead of the sausage finger crap ones that are everywhere.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

Even though someone already pointed out that it has a large, flared-out portion at the end, the reason most capacitive styluses (styli? stylopodes?) are "sausage finger" sized, is because the average capacitive touchscreen isn't precise enough to detect anything finer than that*.

It's interesting that the touchscreens we're using now are, from one perspective, worse than the one that was on my old circa 2005 Windows Mobile phone.

*There are some exceptions, like tablets with WACOM built-in, and maybe the Samsung Note series?

Yeah, thanks for the zoomed in to show it has that on it. I thought there was some, albeit expensive capacitive styluses that worked. I have a Note edge so know all about the Wacom digitizer, this was for a pda I use at work, since we upgraded to android instead of the old brick resistive screens, i'm stuck with the awful sausage pen stylus.

Even so the one linked might be better and less 'sticky' than the cheap as poo poo one I have to use now.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Seidio released the Note Edge case I have been waiting on:

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

Just wondering if they made it stick out a little or what. I'd never have a caseless phone so I thought the edge wasn't an option for me.

Nope, just curved the case around the display edge. I have used and loved Seidio cases on every device I have. I think I will lose some of the raised away from the screen protection (preventing face down impacts smashing the screen), but general protection is all I am really worried about.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Joining the safety razor train:

Got a Edwin Jagger Super Badger Brush

Comoy Safety Razor (if its trash I can get a better one with no big loss)

Shaving cream.

Also Astra and Wilkinson Sword blades to try out. Alum block and Stypic pencil in case I get some cuts.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Was waiting on reviews on this, so far everyone loves it and I am enjoying it:

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Been too long since I had a PSP

Also got some birthday presents:

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

Hey me too

along with a otterbox case and some other doodads

If you are wanting something less bulky than an otter box, I highly recommend Seidio cases.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Beginning my journey to owning a motorcycle.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Misplaced my Wave somewhere in the house and realised the saying 'two is one, one is none' applied (also how many drat times I use/need my leatherman throughout the day). So bought a smaller one to use now and then to keep as a backup when I find my main one.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Steam sales have begun again..

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

I love the interface of this, would love to see more games set up like a giant table top.

Goddammit steam sales.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

DriRider Velocity 2 - waterproof motorcycle gloves.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Stock finally came into the country, so bought a bunch of 38 super comp brass

More filters for the aeropress

Trying out the metal mesh to see if it can replace paper filters.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Dr. Light posted:

I'm interested to hear how this works out. I'm nearing the end of my paper filters and was thinking of trying out the mesh.

Really liking it, the mesh filter is so drat thin I am worried I am going to break it or bend it. Otherwise I am very happy with it and prefer it to the paper filters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Helios Grime posted:

Don't really like the font, but that is just nitpicking and personal preferences.

Needed a new phone and got me the Sony Xperia Z3.
It's nice to know that it won't break imediately as soon as it touches water. But it does still feel very fragile with being mostly out of glass, really need to get a nice cover.

Seidio make cases for the Z3 I think.