Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I found a zojirushi at a goodwill and it was the find of my life. They rule so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

We bought a non IKEA sofa and the process has been overwhelming. So many options and so many different companies it's hard to get a good judge on whats considered quality or not for the price point. Sofas can go up in price very fast. We settled on a Sherrill.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

NewFatMike posted:

I got one pricier pair of boots because it was cheaper than fixing my other two pairs:

They are sturdy and feel durable. Mine have Vibram soles, but I got them straight out of the Red Wings shop, so I trust those guys.

Got a bunch of cigars, a jar of pu-erh tea, and will be grabbing some of this on my way home tomorrow:

I had a good week, so it's worth celebrating.

Iron Rangers are great. Throw in a pair of super feet insoles and it’ll be the most comfortable shoe you own after break in

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lovely picture doesn’t do it justice. Pecan Lodge BBQ in Dallas.

World class BBQ is worth a wait but this place has an express line if you buy 5lb or more that lets you skip the hour+ individual line. Franklins still better but this was drat good.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'm not going to say that Texas smoked BBQ is the best as each region brings a delicious flavor to the table. Pulled pork is divine

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Whats the name of that coffee table book with a bunch of obscure and almost Lovecraftian designs and sketches?

I know I’ve seen it in here before. Some sort of codex

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

They make some good soundbar systems now with wireless subs and satellites. The soundbar is your center and front two speakers and the satellites and sub get you the rest of the way. Compares favorably to true surround, like 90% of the way there for most people.

This is what I do and for a non audiophile it is good enough

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Reserve seating is the death of double features

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Blue On Blue posted:

Did you have to go on a .... foam adventure?

I bought boring I'm almost 40 adult stuff

Not a golfer but what’s the difference between all the different kinds of balls?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=edfw9ip9sCQ

Saw that last night. It was good and absolutely beautiful

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Iron rangers for 150? drat that’s a hell of a steal

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

If you drain all the cooking water and make a dry style ramen then you can get away with much less flavor packet. Cook the ramen and only add the flavorings after the water is drained.

This is the correct way. Chili flavor and cholula was my jam in college

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Drink water

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The next level for undershirt is to not wear one. Your gray or white undershirt peeking through your regular shirt looks dumb as hell.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

1redflag posted:

What's the humidity like there? Here, where it's >90% everyday, undershirt is mandatory

I live in Houston and it’s really not necessary even if we are the sweaty rear end in a top hat to Florida’s donger.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I like to think Bape is a goon who won one of those mega lottos and is slyly rubbing it in our faces and I’m ok with that.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

A make up tackle box is a brilliant idea

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

If you’re not selling your prints you should. You take great nature photography

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I got a wireless modmic. It’s pricey but I think it sounds pretty good

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQSYo_pC-QA

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

beanieson posted:

People put jeans in the freezer?

Raw denim is a weird hole to go down.

Just use Nature’s Miracle to de-stink your jeans

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Backpack goon can’t go wrong with a GoRuck bag. Pricey but you can send it to hell and back and it’ll survive. And if not they’ll repair it for life. Perfect for a non hiking backpack with no annoying flair or useless features

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I’m still very mad that the 5 of 7 days I had in the smokies was a rain filled slog. More like the Soakies. One of these days I’ll go back and see what it’s all about.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

New summer shoes. So many of the recommendations these days have such chunky soles and I’m not about that. Give me minimal sole and basic looks.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

sterster posted:

We need pictures of expectations vs reality. On each of those.

I can tell you now that the Spider-Man will be the worst as it doesn’t have frozen stale gumball eyes. Turtles of course will be the best.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

All coffee brewing methods are cool and good in their own ways. Don't brew shame

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Inspector 34 posted:

My wife has a '19 Forester and it blooooows. She at least got it with a manual transmission but the thing is just really gutless.

Is the Outback pretty similar in that regard?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bape posts are the best thing about this thread and I hope he never stops posting the wild poo poo he buys for himself and his wife

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I would avoid olive oil for mayo. Use a neutral like canola or vegetable

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bape Culture posted:

Smoker. Sneakers. Brakes. Excited for all to arrive :)

Hell yea smoker. Make sure to watch the Aaron Franklin Masterclass on Brisket smoking for pro level poo poo. If I didn't live in an apartment I'd be smoking every drat day

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bape Culture surely gonna be posting his purchase of the forums next and I can't wait.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

Bought some stuff to go magnet fishing, gonna catch some rusty nails and old guns

This is for those people who want to comb a beach with a metal detector but have no access to one. I love it

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

Pit Viper Gronk Merika's because 1: I love that lovable oaf Rob Gronkowski and 2: :911: AF for summer.

:bisonyes:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Cant you just add your kid as an authorized user and get the same benefit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Thats really neat. got a link?